THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
My second ENT visit.
My second ENT visit.
So I went to see a different ENT specialist a few weeks back and this time everything seemed a bit more official. He explained to me the procedure and that there is a chance of bleeding after the operation etc. Then I signed a form to say he'd explained all this. I was optimistic that something would be done. Just like the first time I've heard nothing back. I don't understand why there is so much resistance to letting me have this operation.
](./images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif)
Re: My second ENT visit.
What operation are you after having?Mac wrote:So I went to see a different ENT specialist a few weeks back and this time everything seemed a bit more official. He explained to me the procedure and that there is a chance of bleeding after the operation etc. Then I signed a form to say he'd explained all this. I was optimistic that something would be done. Just like the first time I've heard nothing back. I don't understand why there is so much resistance to letting me have this operation.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
- coconuthead
- Advanced
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm
- Gender:
- Ihatemybreath
- Master
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:14 pm
- Location: Brazil
I really hope this is your cure. I don't want to down your hopes but my tonsillectomy did squat for me.Mac wrote:So, I've finally got a date for my tonsillectomy. It's next week which has kind of taken me by surprise that's it's so soon after waiting so long. Only time will tell now if this works for me.
This really is a pathetic problem and it's so hard to solve. I hope you can get your life back on track.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
It may be on hold now as I've caught a cold this weekend and am not really in the best condition to have someone hack at my throat.
@Fedup. I've heard different accounts of people's experiences with the surgery. Some say it works others it did nothing for. For a while now I've been pretty convinced that tonsils are my cause because I've found a method for cleaning them out and although I haven't had anybody say either way I can just kind of tell that it's an improvement. I didn't clean them recently and could tell my breath was stinking. My sister walked past me a few weeks ago and asked me what that smell was. A few minutes later I stuck my finger in my tonsils to check and the smell was horrible followed by the dislodging of a big stone.
There is that nagging feeling in the back of my head that it might not work. This is not my biggest worry. My biggest worry is that it doesn't work, then the bacteria migrate somewhere else and after I can't control it as well. You're right this is a pathetic problem.
@Fedup. I've heard different accounts of people's experiences with the surgery. Some say it works others it did nothing for. For a while now I've been pretty convinced that tonsils are my cause because I've found a method for cleaning them out and although I haven't had anybody say either way I can just kind of tell that it's an improvement. I didn't clean them recently and could tell my breath was stinking. My sister walked past me a few weeks ago and asked me what that smell was. A few minutes later I stuck my finger in my tonsils to check and the smell was horrible followed by the dislodging of a big stone.
There is that nagging feeling in the back of my head that it might not work. This is not my biggest worry. My biggest worry is that it doesn't work, then the bacteria migrate somewhere else and after I can't control it as well. You're right this is a pathetic problem.
Are they rescheduling? I can imagine what you're feeling now. Prolonging things like this is awful.Mac wrote:It's been cancelled. I phoned up the hospital and they told me I'm not well enough to go through with the operation. Oh well, c'est la vie.
I went for a barium swallow test this morning to test for any pouches in the throat. throat is healthy apparently. They tested for any reflux and a little came up but he said that's quite normal in people and I didn't feel it come up.
Sinus surgery for me it is hopefully.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Yes it's been rescheduled for the 13th of this month.FedUp wrote: Are they rescheduling? I can imagine what you're feeling now. Prolonging things like this is awful.
I went for a barium swallow test this morning to test for any pouches in the throat. throat is healthy apparently. They tested for any reflux and a little came up but he said that's quite normal in people and I didn't feel it come up.
Sinus surgery for me it is hopefully.
How was your tonsillectomy? Did you have much pain after or any bleeding? How long was your recovery?
I'm a bit nervous about it. I know there is a chance of mortality. About one in 10,000.
I should probably stop reading some of the horror stories.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.