THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

I just had an appointment with DR. Murat Aydin (edited)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
kart
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Post by kart »

halitosisux wrote:Kart thanks for your feedback.

It just shows how wrong we can be once we've developed an obsessive attention to something like the taste inside our mouth, and how once this takes hold, how hard it is not to believe our breath must stink, especially if anyone in the past has ever tried to bring us down at some point in our life by telling us we have BB. It's like a negative feedback we can't break free from.

It's interesting that you've never had PND but that you get tonsil stones even though your tongue doesn't smell bad.

Lots to think about still.
I dont think tonsill stones are 100% correlated with PND.

I am obsessive, but my Bad Taste is real, he said that my tongue coating gives me the bad taste, so I am only imaging that people are smelling it when they arent. Thats why I thing he gaves me medicine and type 0 instead 5.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

Because Katz is just an asswipe, he said ohh you smell good, go kiss some girls, and halitometer was showing high ammounts, then i swished my mouth with his crap and the reading went down, but still was there

these docs see the sorrow in your eyes, they dont want you just out of the windows or something, some people are on the verge you know, they just need a small push and these docs rather say you dont smell just to make you calm because they know they cant help you

but if your readings were normal, then you dont have bb and just put this in your head, you dont have bad breath, go live your life
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

kart wrote:I dont think tonsill stones are 100% correlated with PND.
I don't think stones are correlated with PND either, not in the way we're told it is. PND may be linked to them indirectly though.

Once there's any thick coating on the back of the tongue, I think tonsil stones are then a result of nothing more than this part of the tongue scraping itself against the tonsils and depositing some of it's gunk every time it moves past a crypt. It may only be a tiny amount each time, but it soon builds and packs the tonsils with this debris.

Those who are familiar with tonsil stones will know that when the tonsils are mostly cleaned out, what first begins to re-appear in the tonsils isn't stones, it's a mucousy goo, which doesn't smell as bad as mature stones, but this soon turns into the familiar clumps of tonsil stones once it's calcified, etc and absorbed all the foul chemicals going around inside the mouth.

I know that doesn't make much sense in your case, kart. But maybe you don't have tonsil crypts, or that they're in a position where the tongue doesn't scrape past them? Or maybe your tongue coating just happens for completely different and harmless reasons, and because you don't have any PND, you don't have problems with bacterial overgrowth and odour production, leading to the formation of these stones.
kart
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Post by kart »

halitosisux wrote:
kart wrote:I dont think tonsill stones are 100% correlated with PND.
....
I have Tonsills crypt, I always use water peak to clean them, but I didnt cleaned it 2 weeks before meet Dr. Murat....

The most difficult on the appointment was that Dr. ask to do not eat 6 hour before, and do not brush teeth.

:shock: :shock:

My gooood, I was desperate....

Another interesting thing, when arrived at the Hospital dent there was a boy at the living waiting for the appointment after me, I did not know he was patient, only after my appiontment I saw him going to his.. So, I was with itchy throat ( I smoke ), and I was coughing a loot.
Oh my god, I this guy was thinking it was because of his BB... :( it WAS NOT
dick.karma
Advanced
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:54 am

Post by dick.karma »

What made you think you have bad breath? was it the reaction from people? i'm confused because you mentioned that you can't smell anything bad after doing the standard lick test. can you smell anything bad at all that's related to your mouth/breath?
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Kart, I somehow missed your last reply, sorry for not answering.
So did you smell any BB on this person in the waiting room? Are you saying he made your throat itchy and made you cough?

Dr. Aydinmur, did this person you refer to have bad breath? Can these organic gases you have described cause irritation to others?

Could this be what PATM relates to?

If you haven't heard of PATM you can search on Google, you'll find plenty of discussions on this subject.

If these organic gases on this person did not cause any bad breath, do you know why he has such high levels? If you do know why, can this same cause also release odourous types of gases?
kart
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Post by kart »

aydinmur wrote:
kart wrote:Another interesting thing, when arrived at the Hospital dent there was a boy at the living waiting for the appointment after me, I did not know he was patient, only after my appiontment I saw him going to his.. So, I was with itchy throat ( I smoke ), and I was coughing a loot.
Oh my god, I this guy was thinking it was because of his BB... :( it WAS NOT

Many thanks Kart
I have read what you wrote

I read very high level organic gas in that boy's alveolar air.
just 40.4 ppm. No nitrogen, but less sulfur based gases I read.

I have not ever seen such a high organic gas emission in alveolar breath before.
-M
OMG 40 ppm !! more than 10 times higher than the normal (3 ppm)

- Is it a type 4?

- Dr. whats the percentage of psychologic halitosis of your patients. Do you have many patients in this case?

- You measure VOC gases and 4 more ( NH3, SO2, H2S and H2) You said that in some cases you see a high level for one of them, but if they are alone this not mean that there is BB. Could you explain a little bit more please..



Tks
Last edited by kart on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kart
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Post by kart »

halitosisux wrote:Kart, I somehow missed your last reply, sorry for not answering.
So did you smell any BB on this person in the waiting room? Are you saying he made your throat itchy and made you cough?

Dr. Aydinmur, did this person you refer to have bad breath? Can these organic gases you have described cause irritation to others?

Could this be what PATM relates to?

If you haven't heard of PATM you can search on Google, you'll find plenty of discussions on this subject.

If these organic gases on this person did not cause any bad breath, do you know why he has such high levels? If you do know why, can this same cause also release odourous types of gases?
Hali,

No, I didnt smell anything from that boy. I was 5 meters from him, so the only thing I can say is he is not a room filler.

And I said I was coughing all the day, since I wake up, NOTHING concerning to that boy.

I was saying that maybe that boy was thinking that I was coughing because of him, but I was coughing all the day before I met him.

There was more 3 people on the room, and nobody was coughing. So there was not PATM.
User avatar
mindspace
Advanced
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Post by mindspace »

Dr. Aydinmur I also live in Bulgaria.I think my case is similar to his so I really hope that you say how can be cured this condition.I have PATM-nose rubs,coughing,sneezing,scratching.My case is progressive periodontitis and emphysema.And i really think that maybe gum disease is not the main problem but I know that i also have higher level of organic gases.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

PATM stands for:-

(P)eople are (A)llergic (T)o (M)e
It's potentially relevant to your halitosis research because some people whose primary concern is their halitosis, are certain they have PATM. But what's really important about PATM is that not everyone with PATM symptoms reports having halitosis.

If anyone could make sense of this (assuming it is an actual disorder of some kind and not psychological or caused simply by allergenic contamination by pets or mold etc) then there might be a common link between whatever causes PATM and certain types of halitosis.

And it's interesting that you have mentioned an odourless gas coming from one of your patients, which causes irritation.

The symptoms of PATM are that it appears to undeniably cause people to sneeze, cough, rub, choke, etc when they come into the vicinity of the person with PATM.

@Kart, I understand what you meant now. Thanks for your reply.
User avatar
mindspace
Advanced
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Post by mindspace »

So the question is -many people have bad breath but they don''t have PATM.What is the cause for PATM?I''ve read that PATM is due to toxic body-bacterial overgrowth,TMAU,candida or something else.So thas that mean people that have bad breath but haven''t PATM there cases are mild and PATM is tough one.I don't know what is the truth-I have bacterial overgrowth and it's from my gums.
billie
Master
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by billie »

Dr. Aydinmur, Do you just stay in turkey or do you visit other European countries for your job? I would like to meet you, but turkey is quite far from the Netherlands. So do you visit other European places?
User avatar
mindspace
Advanced
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Post by mindspace »

Dear Dr. Aydinmur-I won''t agree with you.PATM is real and serious problem-it's not in our mind or fantasy.The reactions are real and it's due to serious toxins in our body and it's very difficult to solve it.It's related to body odor-I know that.So next month I'll extract all my upper teeth-because in my case there's nothing more to do.If I have PATM reactions after that I'll come to you to see what is the level of organic gases in my mouth.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

mindspace wrote:So next month I'll extract all my upper teeth-because in my case there's nothing more to do.If I have PATM reactions after that I'll come to you to see what is the level of organic gases in my mouth.
I was going to say, it would be good if anyone who thinks they have PATM went for an analysis with Dr. Aydinmur.

Yes, we have to be scientific. By the very nature of what we're dealing with, none of it is ever very far away from madness and psychological problems which can distort the true reality of what's really going on.
Kathe20
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:53 pm
Location: Hungary,Budapest

Post by Kathe20 »

Yes I live in Türkiye.

No need come to me..
Try zinc solution. if its work for your halitosis, dont come here.
-M[/quote]


Hello Dr. Aydinmur! what kind of zinc solution? Please describe.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗