Do smells ever get 'stuck' in your nose?
One day walking to work I needed to take a piss and I walked into the toilet it absolutely reeked of shit to the point I was recoiling wanting to vomit.
But all day I could still smell it to the point i was really self conscious thinking it was actually me.
Does anyone else experience this?
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Question about smells
Question about smells
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
I think there might be some psychological thing that happens with this. I remember a few years ago, I had to take my mum to hospital for an investigation. As we waited in the waiting area this Asian man sat next to us. He was in agony with pains in his stomach.
He was releasing an odour from somewhere. He may have even shit himself. It was like he'd eaten a really dodgy Indian and things were going very wrong inside him and it was escaping from him somewhere. I had to endure this odour for about an hour. After he left us, I could still smell it. I knew the odour wasn't in the air though. It was as though it had entered my body and my brain was still sensing it, even though I knew the smell had gone.
When I got home later, I could still "feel" this odour inside me. It's like my whole sense of smell had become disturbed and distorted by this smell. I remember eating a packet of Twiglets that night, and they didn't smell or taste of twiglets to me, but of that same odour of the man at the hospital. It took a good couple of days for this to wear off.
He was releasing an odour from somewhere. He may have even shit himself. It was like he'd eaten a really dodgy Indian and things were going very wrong inside him and it was escaping from him somewhere. I had to endure this odour for about an hour. After he left us, I could still smell it. I knew the odour wasn't in the air though. It was as though it had entered my body and my brain was still sensing it, even though I knew the smell had gone.
When I got home later, I could still "feel" this odour inside me. It's like my whole sense of smell had become disturbed and distorted by this smell. I remember eating a packet of Twiglets that night, and they didn't smell or taste of twiglets to me, but of that same odour of the man at the hospital. It took a good couple of days for this to wear off.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.