THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Culture test done - Result in 48 hrs

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
SuddenBB
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Culture test done - Result in 48 hrs

Post by SuddenBB »

Ok got the tests done.

One was saliva culture.

Second was sputum culture.

Third was the tongue coating culture.

Results will come in 48 hrs. Will post them.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Interesting. I saw something recently about a new company that will analyse any sample you send them, using these genetic tests to determine which species of microorganisms are in the sample. There was some controversy about it though, I can't remember what.

I think I saw it on BBC News, and I tried to find it a few days ago but couldn't.

What will you do with your results once you get them?
SuddenBB
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by SuddenBB »

Interesting. I saw something recently about a new company that will analyse any sample you send them, using these genetic tests to determine which species of microorganisms are in the sample. There was some controversy about it though, I can't remember what.
Well you're talking about PCR testing right? No I'm getting a culture test done. PCR testing is expensive and used mostly for genes. I don't have much info on this.

But cultures detect microorganisms too.

Once my results come, I'll know if there are any abnormalities in my oral flora and if there are, I'll have a lead to see what treatment to take.

BTW I'm trying homeopathy too but so far no luck but its only been a while, like 2 weeks.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Sorry, yes, for some reason I just assumed you meant PCR testing.

I hope you manage to find something out by doing this.

There was a documentary on British TV which featured a woman with BB, and she had a culture done, and she was given antibiotics. It all sounded quite promising, but then everything became vague, as though they tried to make it look like they knew how to cure this woman, but only fobbed her and the viewers off. There were no further details. No conclusion, not even a mention of whether she was cured, just the usual shit where people with bad breath get taken the piss out of instead of getting the help and dignity as other illnesses get.
jamesmcavoy

Re: Culture test done - Result in 48 hrs

Post by jamesmcavoy »

So what r the results ?

what kind of strains are present ?
SuddenBB
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Disappointment

Post by SuddenBB »

Guys the results came back as sterile and no pathogens found.

Btw I've started an Amox+Clarithromycin + PPI and it has significantly decreased the coating and odor. I'm taking this medication without a doctor's advice. Just by me experience. So far its been good. The coating has thinned out. The smell is less but the coating hasn't gone completely.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗