THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

An Amazing Discovery - Sugarfree/Chewable VITAMIN C

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
User avatar
mike987
Super Angel
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:47 am
Location: US

Post by mike987 »

i don't think my breath is as bad as most here, so i'm just sticking with the vitamin c swallowable tablets that i accidentally bought :p .. also i'm taking a lower dosage

i've been taking 1000mg in the morning and 1000mb right before bed..

my stomach hasn't given me any problems, but i've noticed my skin hasn't been very good.. i'm italian and have oily skin, but usually can keep a pretty clear complexion.. and i don't have acne .. however in the past week i've been getting more pimples, and in places they usually don't appear.. it could be anything, .. i've went swimming several times this week, but i figured the largest change to my routine would be the vitamin c..


has anyone else experienced any skin problems? just trying to determine if the vitamin c is responsible
stinky
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by stinky »

The normal salivary pH of 6.5 suppresses the growth of gram-negative bacteria that activate certain enzymes and cause malodor. An acidic pH favors the growth of gram-positive organisms that produce little odor, and an alkaline pH (7.2) encourages growth of gram-negative organisms.

Maybe this is why the Vitamin C is workin. Maybe it is making the oral envorinment more acidic, and so reducing the growth of the bb bacteria.
oceanside
Master
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:45 am

Post by oceanside »

Hey,

This past week I had poor results as well. I believe it has to do with the sugar content and the chalky residue of the tablet clinging to the back of my tongue so providing bacteria with a fest.

I just purchased a sugarfree chewable from GNC. I like it alot and don't get any chalky residue (yet). I hope it keeps up. I am not given up b/c it's the ONLY band-aid relief I have that helps. I am so sick of chronic paranoia and BB.

We all are looking for something (crutch) to get us through our day.

I m back to using all natural mouthwash now with the VC. Nevermind about experiment w/o mouthwash. It's survival, and I need all the help I can get to reduce plague build up.

Hang in there people. Let's pray and hope Lavoris will give us relief.

john

I hope to have positive results as the second week.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am

Post by waitingforrelief »

hi all,

i've been away for almost a week without logging on to the site - which has actually been very good for me. i just got back and started catching up on what i'd missed, and immediately became more depressed than before. :?

my condition has really been kind of the same. the vit c seems to help sometimes and sometimes not at all. plague buildup has been more again. re the saliva thing - i'm still seeing improvement there but i've noticed that the condition of my breath does not always correspond with how much saliva i have. i.e., i could have very good saliva flow and still stink.

i have to say that it is still helping tho'. i do get some temporary relief in reduction of odor if not complete removal of it. this would not have happened without the vit c. that night i also drank TONS of water... i believe that in my case, water does have something to do with the relief. some people mentioned that they experience relief while the tabs are in their mouth. i bleieve that's more of a cover-up than anything else. i seem to actually experience more relief a while after having taken the tabs, maybe an hour, i never timed it.

someone asked me about my stomach - for some reason my stomach no longer reacts much to the c. i do get hungry more often and seem to have a bigger appetite - but it doesn't feel like it'sa bad thing. in fact it feels like it's a healthier appetite. but i haven't noticed any weight gain at all.

so basically, i'm still reporting that it doesn't work as well as in the beginning. but i'm still doing it because it does provide some relief. i'm also taking more now. i don't keep track carefully but i probably take between 5000 and maybe 10000 mg a day, 1000 mg chewables.

it's not pleasant to take so much of it. my teeth do get somewhat sensitive, but the problem doesn't seem to be escalating. the acid is harsh on my mouth, but it's manageable. i've never seen sugarfree chewable ones... what do they taste like? are they gross?

john, i'm sorry that this is not working so well for you anymore... keep your head up. you know the lavoris will provide relief for you. all you need is patience.
snoopsister
Sheriff
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:12 am

Post by snoopsister »

I just purchased the sugar free c today, and I like it alot. Like john, it does not leave a residue on the tongue. My mouth has a lot of saliva as well.I do not detect any oder or bad taste so I am very happy!
waitingforrelief
Sheriff
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am

Post by waitingforrelief »

snoopsister wrote:I just purchased the sugar free c today, and I like it alot. Like john, it does not leave a residue on the tongue. My mouth has a lot of saliva as well.I do not detect any oder or bad taste so I am very happy!
what do they taste like snoop? where did you get them?
snoopsister
Sheriff
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:12 am

Post by snoopsister »

they taste like cherry, I got them at GNC store.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am

Post by waitingforrelief »

snoopsister wrote:they taste like cherry, I got them at GNC store.
eww, i hate cherry-flavored everything. :(
oceanside
Master
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:45 am

Post by oceanside »

snoopsister wrote:they taste like cherry, I got them at GNC store.
I really like the taste, no chalky residue, and much less acidic. Perhaps that may be a better option for you W4R. Thanks for the well-wish. I am using mouthwash w VC, so, whatever works for ya do it.

The sugarfree, chewable is less gritty on my tongue too.

Let's hope I have great results as two weeks ago. Great news for you Snoopsister.

john-
oceanside
Master
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:45 am

Post by oceanside »

waitingforrelief wrote: eww, i hate cherry-flavored everything. :(
:lol: W4R, i hate rotten-egg flavored BB. #-o Give it a try sweety.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am

Post by waitingforrelief »

oceanside wrote:
waitingforrelief wrote: eww, i hate cherry-flavored everything. :(
:lol: W4R, i hate rotten-egg flavored BB. #-o Give it a try sweety.
haha john.

maybe we should ask those jelly belly people to make a rotten-egg flavored jelly bean...
oceanside
Master
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:45 am

Post by oceanside »

heck, no! i aint going to eat them. :lol:
waitingforrelief
Sheriff
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am

Post by waitingforrelief »

oceanside wrote:heck, no! i aint going to eat them. :lol:
think about it tho' - next time someone covers their nose or cringes when we speak, we can just say, oh sorry that's just the jelly bean.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am

Post by waitingforrelief »

oceanside wrote:
snoopsister wrote:they taste like cherry, I got them at GNC store.
I really like the taste, no chalky residue, and much less acidic. Perhaps that may be a better option for you W4R. Thanks for the well-wish. I am using mouthwash w VC, so, whatever works for ya do it.

The sugarfree, chewable is less gritty on my tongue too.

Let's hope I have great results as two weeks ago. Great news for you Snoopsister.

john-
do you think these WORK better tho'? i mean on the odor problem, besides how they make your mouth feel.
oceanside
Master
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:45 am

Post by oceanside »

Well, in regards to odor problem. It is caused by bacteria feeding on protein=anaeorobic. We can't do anything to stop them form producing/multiplying, that's why my problem is chronic. VC helps saliva flow, thick and rich, but only for a few hours at most. It's still only a band-aid relief but I don't have any other options at this point. So, today my mouth tasted clean, just like two weeks ago. my mouth has no other way of stimulting rich saliva flow. I drink water but it only gets my mouth wet, not moist and cleansing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗