I was reading the "My bad breath its a BLESS" Thread and halitosisux mentioned the idea to open up a thread to let people share their methods of how you test your own breath and since no one has opened up one so far, here it is
I found that most of the time my BB comes from the Tongue, especially the back part of it. If there is stank at the back of my tongue then I also have bb. This test would be pretty consistent with the reactions I would get. It is also consistent with my mouth feel. If the back of my tongue stinks I would feel that there is something quite not right in my mouth. Since I use Tongue Brush and Gel, the stank disappears for about 8 - 12 hours (depends on what I eat).
So how do I test my own Breath?
Everytime I go out and hang out with my friends or my girlfriend I would go to the bathroom after a while and then wash my hands (without soap) and then take a sample of my saliva at the very back of the tongue where most of the stank is. Then I wait a little and then smell it. If it doesn't smell I usually don't have bb.
How do I know it? Well I asked a couple of people if I had bb after doing this test and it was pretty consistent with how bad the stank was at the back of the Tongue.
No stank at the back of the tongue = "You have no bb"
A little of stank = "It's not like you brushed your teeth just now but it's still not unpleasant".
This is what the couple of people would say, so this self-test kind of works for me so far without having to ask them all the time, which takes a little overcoming myself everytime I ask.
Disgusting Stank = Well I don't need to ask, since I can smell my own breath at this stage and it's disgusting and is my normal case scenario if I don't use Tung Brush + Gel.
Yesterday I was out with my girlfriend all day (she usually has no bb at all) and in the evening we made dinner together. She didn't brush her teeth all day (except in the morning of course) and then after dinner we watched a movie together and I noticed that she would have bb a little, which I kind of liked (I don't even know why
I know that there are many people here with different origins of bb. How do you guys test your own breath? Would be really interesting to know and maybe we can learn from each other.
