THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

my bb has improved

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ruch
Sheriff
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:43 pm

my bb has improved

Post by ruch »

Since the Fall, I have been seeing a naturopathic doctor (ND). She had me on various natural supplements and tried different things to cure my digestion problems. I was also dealing with mucus in the back of my throat and what felt like non-acid reflux. Anyway, my digestion issues have improved, and so has my bb. I am not completely cured but it is so much better. Another thing I did under her guidance was to do a 3 week cleanse. I eliminated various allergenic foods from my diet and then brought them back slowly, one by one (every 2 days) to see how they affected me. I found that nightshades (tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, potatoes) cause me to have some digestion issues, including mucus. Knowing this, I have cut down how much of this I eat, so this may be helping too.

The other thing I recently did by accident and it may have helped was I took 5 capsules (at once) of digestive enzymes by accident (I thought it was hydrochloric acid pills, which I started taking to help me digest food better). My bb was gone for a day or two. I did this over 2 meals (in 2 days) by accident without realizing it. Usually, I only take one capsule with every meal. I am going to experiment with it again to see. My ND said it is not harmful because your body will just expel it. The brand I use is Natural Factors Multi Enzyme (Full Spectrum High Potency). If anyone else tries this, let me know the result for you.

I should mention that I still always often brush, floss, scrape my tongue, and use oral rinses (Smart Mouth and Chlorhexidine). At least the rinses work better lately. For awhile, they were not working at all (they sometimes don't work that well stil, but at least the bb is reduced). I am content if I have some control over the bb, even if I still have to use rinses (better than nothing working at all).
ruch
Sheriff
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by ruch »

well, my bb is back to being bad again. it may be that i tossed my diet considerations out the window and have been reckless with eating lots of gluten and nightshades (2 things i know cause problems for me if i have too much). i have also run out of lactoferrin capsules which i used to take regularly (it seemed to help with my white tongue, though not sure if it helped with the bb.. but i haven't taken it in a few weeks now and it's around the same time the bb has been returning so who knows). i have also had more phlegm in the back of my throat and am always clearing it. i am pretty sure my bb comes also from the back of my throat, and this phlegm has something to do with it. i also think that aside from my dustmite allergies which increase mucus production, the mucus is also caused by eating nightshades. i am going to try to go off nightshades and gluten again for a few weeks and see it if helps. i also think i may have non-acid reflux.

all very frustrating..
jamesmcavoy

Re: my bb has improved

Post by jamesmcavoy »

I wonder even u said that ur bb is digestion related then why do you still think it comes from throat ?
ruch
Sheriff
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by ruch »

to be honest, i think it is a combo of throat, mouth and throat, and each act up at different times and sometimes together. my mouth is due to issues with my gums (have had gum disease so the deep pockets are there, even if not infected), and also my tongue, especially when white. my throat because when the phlegm is really bad, i feel like my bb is worse too. and my digestion.. that is the last thing i can prove, so maybe, but maybe not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗