THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Klebsiella Infection

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thf
Junior
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:17 am

Klebsiella Infection

Post by thf »

I finally decided to go back to the doctor after not going for probably a year, and I found an ENT who seems to know what she's talking about.

First off, I have a deviated septum which she agrees I will probably need surgery to correct. Right now I'm going to do the basics, taking meds (that don't work) just because that's part of the process. I've done a little research on deviated septum and it usually the cause of PND (which I have) and I've been telling doctors for years that I always feel like my left nostril is blocked, and now I know why. Most ppl say their PND was cured after the surgery and they were able to breathe. Something to look forward to!

The next thing she did was take a culture of my left nostril (something no other doctor has ever bother to do) and I have a bacterial infection call Klebsiella. After researching this, I found this to be a little bit concerning because this can actually cause damage to your lungs, but one of the most interesting symptoms was a foul smell from the nose if this infection is in your respiratory system. I do not have my test results yet, so I'm not sure at what "level" I have this infection and could I have had it all these years?

This is all new just found this information out a couple of days ago, so I have not been treated for anything, but I wanted to share with everyone. I have never heard of Klebsiella infection before. But something else about how it is spread is usually through a healthcare setting, when I started having bb and nasal odor, it was after I had surgery!
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Archimonde »

Wouldn't we feel sick and have health problems if we had that infection?
thf
Junior
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:17 am

Post by thf »

My post was not in any way implying everyone had this infection, it was only sharing what I had been diagnosed with, which I believe is the point of this webpage!!!!
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

thf, did the doctor say it was treatable?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗