THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
I WENT TO PERIODONTIST
I WENT TO PERIODONTIST
I went to the periodontist today and he gave me my treatment plan. He suggested that I get a full mouth deep cleaning ( root planning and scaling) and that I needed two root canals on teeth #21 and #23. I was thinking that I would need surgery due to my Chronic Badbreath. My breath is so bad that it could be smelled several feet away, drive-thru windows even smell my breath, it smells when my mouth is closed and even when I walk pass someone they can smell it. I have all my wisdom teeth out. Tooth #14 has an odor but periodontist suggested not to extract it but he will clean it during my deep cleaning. So my question is... will the deep cleaning cure my nasal odor and mouth odor. The dentist assured me that I didn't need gum surgery; but my nose and mouth odor is so potent, I just figured I needed surgery and not sure if the deep cleaning will be enough to cure me. Guess I will have to wait and see. Thanks for the replies in advance.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Yes, I have visible signs/issues of gum disease. My gums stay inflammed and swollen.My gums bleed some not a whole lot. I've had gum disease for about 20 years and it was left untreated. Thankshalitosisux wrote:If it helps then it's an important clue.
Do you have any visible issues or history of gum issues? Do your gums bleed much, or did they suddenly start doing so when your BB roughly started?
Best of luck anyway.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Stay focused on this as it's very likely to be the cause of your BB. This kind of situation can be very difficult to reverse, especially if the reason for it starting was something more than just bad dental care. Sometimes these things can start from hormone fluctuations or other health matters. I know because my sister is currently going through exactly the same thing.
Best of luck with your treatment. I don't know if a Waterpik is appropriate in your situation. If it is then there's no better way of maintaining gum health under normal situations.
Best of luck with your treatment. I don't know if a Waterpik is appropriate in your situation. If it is then there's no better way of maintaining gum health under normal situations.
-
dollymary1
- Newbie
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:12 pm
Hi, lately I've been thinking this is the cause of my bad breath. Do you have tartar build up around your teeth? Also I have a tooth which is blue/black. My dentist has never said anything is wrong but I'm considered getting a second opinion.
Please let us know how it meant for you, I really hope you get everything sorted!
Best of luck!
Please let us know how it meant for you, I really hope you get everything sorted!
Best of luck!
Hi dollymary, yes I have tartar build up around my teeth. I will let you know when I get deep cleaning and if I'm cured. I sure hope so. Thanks .dollymary1 wrote:Hi, lately I've been thinking this is the cause of my bad breath. Do you have tartar build up around your teeth? Also I have a tooth which is blue/black. My dentist has never said anything is wrong but I'm considered getting a second opinion.
Please let us know how it meant for you, I really hope you get everything sorted!
Best of luck!
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.