THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Occasional Body Odor + Bad Breath?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Trunks99
Advanced
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:18 am
Location: Norcal

Occasional Body Odor + Bad Breath?

Post by Trunks99 »

I came across Dr Klaper's videos and found them interesting. Please share your thoughts:

http://doctorklaper.com/videos/curing-l ... -syndrome/

I have an appointment scheduled this Saturday and we'll see what he says about my BB.
missjj
Junior
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:35 am

Post by missjj »

Yes, please let us know what happens!
Trunks99
Advanced
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:18 am
Location: Norcal

Post by Trunks99 »

missjj wrote:Yes, please let us know what happens!
I went to see Dr Klaper on Saturday. I drove an hour and thirty minute to get there. Long but nice drive.. California is so beautfiul.

Anyway.. he asked me a bunch of questions about my symptoms, medical history, lifestyle, etc... and put me on a diet! And that's it. No supplements, no probiotics, nothing.. just a diet that I need to stick to. He said that my case is mild so there is no need to prescribe supplements.

So, his theory is that the gut flora renews itself every 6 weeks, and if I'm able to maintain a gluten-free,sugar-free, dairy-free, vegetarian diet for 6 weeks I should feel better. After that, he said to try to go back on a normal diet progressively and see how I feel.

To be honest, I'm a bit skeptical but I will give it a shot anyway.I started yesterday and will update you on any progress, if there is any.
missjj
Junior
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:35 am

Post by missjj »

Can you tell us what he told you to eat in particular? Did he give you a weekly plan?
Trunks99
Advanced
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:18 am
Location: Norcal

Post by Trunks99 »

missjj wrote:Can you tell us what he told you to eat in particular? Did he give you a weekly plan?
Of course:

So again, no meat, no poultry, no fish, no dairy, no sugar, no gluten:

He didn't really give me a detailed plan but he said:

- Eat salad w/healthy dressing (I use two parts of olive oil and one part of apple cider vinegar as a dressing)
- various green veggies (broccoli, spinach, kale etc).. he insisted on green veggies and said they are very important and good for you. He said I could steam them or cook them in a slow cooker for example.
- Lentils, different kinds of beans (kidney, black eyed peas, black, etc..), whole rice.
- Eat fruits but careful with fructose, don't eat too much. Don't drink big smoothies.
- For breakfast he said to eat fruits + real gluten-free oatmeal (not the instant one) or fruits only.

There is a book available on their website but you have to pay: http://www.healthpromoting.com/store/pr ... g-cookbook

What I do is I just look up recipes online or cook simple.

He said I could take probiotics but it's not mandatory. He mentioned PB8 (?) being a good brand but I'm satisfied with Ultimate flora so I'm sticking with it.

Oh and careful when you are picking your probiotics; make sure it's dairy free.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗