THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Did somebody get adenoids removed?
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
Did somebody get adenoids removed?
Somebody just posted that he was cured by doing that.
Google what adenoids are please.
So if somebody has gone thought he operation and still have bad breath, let me know.
THe operation is not painful like the tonsil removal is.
Maybe I will do it....
I searched through my site and never seen anybody posted that had adenoids removed
Google what adenoids are please.
So if somebody has gone thought he operation and still have bad breath, let me know.
THe operation is not painful like the tonsil removal is.
Maybe I will do it....
I searched through my site and never seen anybody posted that had adenoids removed
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
If you search through the past forum posts another person on here got their andenoids removed also and was cured. I'm going to get my andenoids, regular tonsils and lingual tonsil removed some time this year.iv tried contacting the 2 cured members on here for more info on their past experiences when they had BB but got no response.ill update if I end up getting it done soon.
-
9YearsToFindCure
- Junior
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:03 am
Lingual tonsils aren't necessary and a regular ENT won't do it. You need a specialist and it's very painful. It's part of your tongue. My ENT said I didn't need it and he was right. It's just the regular (palatine) tonsils and the adenoids (pharyngeal tonsils) that have to go. Those are the ones storing the tonsil stones. Read the links in my post that Jimi is talking about. One is a discussion on this site from 2010 and the other is French research on adenoids.
-
Corpsebreath
- Advanced
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:52 pm
Hi, long time lurker.
Using this technique on myself shown in this picture, i am able to touch my adenoids with my finger. Or rather, i'm able to touch the place where they should be.
But it's virtually nothing there. It's like i don't have any adenoids.
Is it just that they are too small to feel by touch? Could there still be stones hiding there even though i don't feel them? Also, when i smell my finger after touching that place, I doesn't smell like much at all. Not at all like my breath and how my tongue smells.
Could it still be my adenoids though?
I have bad breath, constant bitter taste and pnd. When i taste the pnd running down from the nasopharynx it has a really sour and bitter taste. It's driving me insane.
Using this technique on myself shown in this picture, i am able to touch my adenoids with my finger. Or rather, i'm able to touch the place where they should be.
But it's virtually nothing there. It's like i don't have any adenoids.
Is it just that they are too small to feel by touch? Could there still be stones hiding there even though i don't feel them? Also, when i smell my finger after touching that place, I doesn't smell like much at all. Not at all like my breath and how my tongue smells.
Could it still be my adenoids though?
I have bad breath, constant bitter taste and pnd. When i taste the pnd running down from the nasopharynx it has a really sour and bitter taste. It's driving me insane.
-
9YearsToFindCure
- Junior
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:03 am
Do you still have tonsils? You can't feel the tonsil stones in and under your adneoids. They are tiny and hidden in the crypts. It's curious why you don't smell something bad when you touch that area, but maybe you're not reaching the right spot. Or maybe it's your tonsils that smell if you haven't had them removed. Either way, get them both out.Corpsebreath wrote:Hi, long time lurker.
Using this technique on myself shown in this picture, i am able to touch my adenoids with my finger. Or rather, i'm able to touch the place where they should be.
But it's virtually nothing there. It's like i don't have any adenoids.
Is it just that they are too small to feel by touch? Could there still be stones hiding there even though i don't feel them? Also, when i smell my finger after touching that place, I doesn't smell like much at all. Not at all like my breath and how my tongue smells.
Could it still be my adenoids though?
I have bad breath, constant bitter taste and pnd. When i taste the pnd running down from the nasopharynx it has a really sour and bitter taste. It's driving me insane.
-
Corpsebreath
- Advanced
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:52 pm
I already had my tonsils out a few years ago so my adenoids are all that's left i guess. I am pretty sure i'm touching the right spot. Having looked around a bit on google images on adenoids. Found a picture of a relatively small one: http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/309655/enlarge9YearsToFindCure wrote:Do you still have tonsils? You can't feel the tonsil stones in and under your adneoids. They are tiny and hidden in the crypts. It's curious why you don't smell something bad when you touch that area, but maybe you're not reaching the right spot. Or maybe it's your tonsils that smell if you haven't had them removed. Either way, get them both out.
The adenoid is the tissue just above the thing in the middle dividing the holes. I can feel some really small soft tissue there. But there is no bad smell. Do you think they could still be bad even if they don't smell themselves?
-
9YearsToFindCure
- Junior
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:03 am
I honestly don't know. But if you're having those symptoms, I would guess yes. The only other tonsil tisse is the lingual tonsils and those require a specialist to remove and are very painful from what I hear because they're part of your tongue. My ENT told me they they're unlikely to have crypts or hold stones.Corpsebreath wrote:I already had my tonsils out a few years ago so my adenoids are all that's left i guess. I am pretty sure i'm touching the right spot. Having looked around a bit on google images on adenoids. Found a picture of a relatively small one: http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/309655/enlarge9YearsToFindCure wrote:Do you still have tonsils? You can't feel the tonsil stones in and under your adneoids. They are tiny and hidden in the crypts. It's curious why you don't smell something bad when you touch that area, but maybe you're not reaching the right spot. Or maybe it's your tonsils that smell if you haven't had them removed. Either way, get them both out.
The adenoid is the tissue just above the thing in the middle dividing the holes. I can feel some really small soft tissue there. But there is no bad smell. Do you think they could still be bad even if they don't smell themselves?
-
potty_mouth
- Junior
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:20 am
- Location: Brazil
Hi 9years, hi everyone,
I haven't posted on here for a while because I have been doing some trial and error stuff and not coming up with anything groundbreaking or postworthy, and trying to get on with life! Your discovery, however, is ground breaking in my opinion.
Strangely, I have had one doctor telling me that I don't have adenoids and they must have been removed with my tonsils (though they weren't as far as I know) and have since had a CT that seems to refer to adenoid tissue present. I only realised this some time later. This tells me that ENTs know fairly little about the adenoids, probably because they don't ever cause pain and need removal, unlike the palatine tonsils.
So I have many questions for you, to see how similar our cases are and for all of us to learn from a real success story!
Before adenoid removal, did you suffer from or notice:
Very thick mucus in throat
Post-nasal drip
Dry nose. Nose that practically never runs
When sick enough for nose / sinuses to fill with mucus, a perceived relief from BB symptoms (less reactions)
Food stuck in throat or nasopharynx
Regular constipation / dry stool
Occasional wet stool / mucus in stool
Itchy throat or inner ears, even after removal of palatine tonsils
White tongue
Smelly skin around nostrils and on chin under mouth. In my case the smell is most obvious when wiped with a fabric like a cotton sleeve and then smelled.
Gastro-oesophageal reflux / ulcers
?
You mentioned that your wife was giving you "the nose news", as Ned Flanders would say, but did you still get doctors telling you that they can't smell you (and implying that you must be crazy)?
Thanks for coming back to help us, and congratulations on your cure!

I haven't posted on here for a while because I have been doing some trial and error stuff and not coming up with anything groundbreaking or postworthy, and trying to get on with life! Your discovery, however, is ground breaking in my opinion.
Strangely, I have had one doctor telling me that I don't have adenoids and they must have been removed with my tonsils (though they weren't as far as I know) and have since had a CT that seems to refer to adenoid tissue present. I only realised this some time later. This tells me that ENTs know fairly little about the adenoids, probably because they don't ever cause pain and need removal, unlike the palatine tonsils.
So I have many questions for you, to see how similar our cases are and for all of us to learn from a real success story!
Before adenoid removal, did you suffer from or notice:
Very thick mucus in throat
Post-nasal drip
Dry nose. Nose that practically never runs
When sick enough for nose / sinuses to fill with mucus, a perceived relief from BB symptoms (less reactions)
Food stuck in throat or nasopharynx
Regular constipation / dry stool
Occasional wet stool / mucus in stool
Itchy throat or inner ears, even after removal of palatine tonsils
White tongue
Smelly skin around nostrils and on chin under mouth. In my case the smell is most obvious when wiped with a fabric like a cotton sleeve and then smelled.
Gastro-oesophageal reflux / ulcers
?
You mentioned that your wife was giving you "the nose news", as Ned Flanders would say, but did you still get doctors telling you that they can't smell you (and implying that you must be crazy)?
Thanks for coming back to help us, and congratulations on your cure!
-
9YearsToFindCure
- Junior
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:03 am
Before my adnoidectomy, the was definitely heavy PND and the feeling that mucus was building up in the adenoid region, especially after eating dairy.potty_mouth wrote:Hi 9years, hi everyone,
I haven't posted on here for a while because I have been doing some trial and error stuff and not coming up with anything groundbreaking or postworthy, and trying to get on with life! Your discovery, however, is ground breaking in my opinion.
Strangely, I have had one doctor telling me that I don't have adenoids and they must have been removed with my tonsils (though they weren't as far as I know) and have since had a CT that seems to refer to adenoid tissue present. I only realised this some time later. This tells me that ENTs know fairly little about the adenoids, probably because they don't ever cause pain and need removal, unlike the palatine tonsils.
So I have many questions for you, to see how similar our cases are and for all of us to learn from a real success story!
Before adenoid removal, did you suffer from or notice:
Very thick mucus in throat
Post-nasal drip
Dry nose. Nose that practically never runs
When sick enough for nose / sinuses to fill with mucus, a perceived relief from BB symptoms (less reactions)
Food stuck in throat or nasopharynx
Regular constipation / dry stool
Occasional wet stool / mucus in stool
Itchy throat or inner ears, even after removal of palatine tonsils
White tongue
Smelly skin around nostrils and on chin under mouth. In my case the smell is most obvious when wiped with a fabric like a cotton sleeve and then smelled.
Gastro-oesophageal reflux / ulcers
?
You mentioned that your wife was giving you "the nose news", as Ned Flanders would say, but did you still get doctors telling you that they can't smell you (and implying that you must be crazy)?
Thanks for coming back to help us, and congratulations on your cure!
I don't remeber having a dry nose, but I did have a deviated septum that my doctor corrected at the same time he removed the adenoids. The deviated septum was unrelated to my halitosis, but it did help me breath better through my left nostril.
I don't remeber having a temporary relief from halitosis when being sick. I do remember a tempory relief when on antibiotics, but that may just be my perception while others still smelled it.
After my tonsillectectomy in 2005, I would get food stuck up my nose when talking or breathing while eating occasionally. I believe this was caused because my body was used to having the tonsils there blocking that passage, and since it's quite a big operation as an adult and restructures that whole area, I just needed to get used to it. However since my adenoidectomy, I don't think I've had that issue again.
No constipation or stool issues.
No itchy ears. I believe my itchy throat and white tongue were related to PND and have since disappeared post adenoidectomy. As I've said in previous posts or on different threads, I do get mucus from dairy which is natural. I no longer have any tonsil/adenoid tissue for it to get stuck in and cause a stink. Thank god.
No smelly skin.
No gastro reflux. No ulcers. Those are common BS excuses that doctors love to use for bad breath.
And yes, doctors have told me that they couldn't smell me and implied that I'm imagining it. I think their egos couldnt handle that they were too dumb to figure it out and didn't have a real answer for me. So if any of your doctors do the same or tell you that you don't have adenoids because they disappear as an adult, tell them they're a ****ing moron and should turn in their medical license. Then find a doctor that cares and will listen to you, and get these useless, rotting, tonsils and adenoids out of your bodies!
Took the first step, have an ENT appt. Friday
Also I have already had a CT scan done for a different issue (complex migraine that paralyzed my left side for a few hours). It was done in the ER
There should be no reason why he can't pull it up and look at it, right??? Thank god for technology sharing. Hopefully he'll see my adenoids and agree to remove them. 2 years ago he told me I had a deviated septum and wanted to schedule fixing it. So maybe he'll be quick to remove the adenoids.
Also I have already had a CT scan done for a different issue (complex migraine that paralyzed my left side for a few hours). It was done in the ER
There should be no reason why he can't pull it up and look at it, right??? Thank god for technology sharing. Hopefully he'll see my adenoids and agree to remove them. 2 years ago he told me I had a deviated septum and wanted to schedule fixing it. So maybe he'll be quick to remove the adenoids.
-
9YearsToFindCure
- Junior
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:03 am
I had my deviated septum fixed at the same time. When you see your doctor and tell him to remove your adnoids, be sure to tell him that you believe there are small tonsils stones hidden inside and behind the pharyngeal tonsil tissue (adenoids). I looked on my operative report and my surgeon even called it a Tornwaldt cyst in the middle of the adenoid.mindyb wrote:Took the first step, have an ENT appt. Friday
Also I have already had a CT scan done for a different issue (complex migraine that paralyzed my left side for a few hours). It was done in the ER
There should be no reason why he can't pull it up and look at it, right??? Thank god for technology sharing. Hopefully he'll see my adenoids and agree to remove them. 2 years ago he told me I had a deviated septum and wanted to schedule fixing it. So maybe he'll be quick to remove the adenoids.
-
Corpsebreath
- Advanced
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:52 pm
Hmm, maybe it was the cyst then that caused the halitosis, and not the stones.9YearsToFindCure wrote:I had my deviated septum fixed at the same time. When you see your doctor and tell him to remove your adnoids, be sure to tell him that you believe there are small tonsils stones hidden inside and behind the pharyngeal tonsil tissue (adenoids). I looked on my operative report and my surgeon even called it a Tornwaldt cyst in the middle of the adenoid.mindyb wrote:Took the first step, have an ENT appt. Friday
Also I have already had a CT scan done for a different issue (complex migraine that paralyzed my left side for a few hours). It was done in the ER
There should be no reason why he can't pull it up and look at it, right??? Thank god for technology sharing. Hopefully he'll see my adenoids and agree to remove them. 2 years ago he told me I had a deviated septum and wanted to schedule fixing it. So maybe he'll be quick to remove the adenoids.
Taken from http://radiopaedia.org/articles/thornwaldt-cyst-1
"Thornwaldt cysts are almost always asymptomatic. However, if they become infected they can cause halitosis or periodic discharge of foul tasting fluid into the mouth."
-
9YearsToFindCure
- Junior
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:03 am
read posts by Rivkachya, had T & A removed
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/sho ... p?t=736933
on the flip side, read OP
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107767.html
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/sho ... p?t=736933
on the flip side, read OP
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107767.html
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.