THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
What Cured My Halitosis/Bad Breath - Tonsils and Adenoids - BEWARE SIDE EFFECTS, CHOKING ON LIQUIDS, 9YEARS SCAM????
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
good luck, i hope it works for you, hope this will not be another try
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Hello, I thought I would not be able to post until tomorrow. But I've been home 4 hours and I am in very very little discomfort.
I had my tonsils out almost 20 years ago. I thought I was going to die, for 2 weeks. It was so so horribly painful.
Just like 9 years had reported - A little sore throat. My septoplasty has no packing, and I'm able to breathe nicely. Blood is dripping all the time, but nothing a tissue can't handle every couple of minutes.
The report from the ENT:
Adenoids out, Deviated Septum straightened and sutured. Stitches will dissolve, I do have to go back in 2 weeks for follow-up.
He found 2 cysts on my tonsil area, no actual tonsil tissue. He removed them. They will be biopsied along with adenoids, but that is standard procedure.
THAT is it!
Dry mouth, bad taste, but different bad taste. I think its blood mainly. Hungry, thirsty, active. Trying to rest.
Hydrating and waiting for a quick healing process.
I had my tonsils out almost 20 years ago. I thought I was going to die, for 2 weeks. It was so so horribly painful.
Just like 9 years had reported - A little sore throat. My septoplasty has no packing, and I'm able to breathe nicely. Blood is dripping all the time, but nothing a tissue can't handle every couple of minutes.
The report from the ENT:
Adenoids out, Deviated Septum straightened and sutured. Stitches will dissolve, I do have to go back in 2 weeks for follow-up.
He found 2 cysts on my tonsil area, no actual tonsil tissue. He removed them. They will be biopsied along with adenoids, but that is standard procedure.
THAT is it!
Dry mouth, bad taste, but different bad taste. I think its blood mainly. Hungry, thirsty, active. Trying to rest.
Hydrating and waiting for a quick healing process.
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
great Mindy, I hope it works for you, I guess I am next then
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
if you take antibiotics, that might be the reason your bb is better also
I am so eager for my operation, I hope I get the green light from doc.
I am so eager for my operation, I hope I get the green light from doc.
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
on 14th i have appointment
it all depends on you if I will go through with it, do you get any less reaction already? I mean there should be some effect already? Can you ask your family? Or friends?
it all depends on you if I will go through with it, do you get any less reaction already? I mean there should be some effect already? Can you ask your family? Or friends?
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
thanks for the update Mindy, wishing you a speedy recovery. Please do keep us posted!!
If 9years is still around - I have a question; from everything Ive been reading on here, it sounds like the tonsillectomy alone is what is extremely painful? Wondering if you guys think itd be fine for me to remove my adenoids and fix my deviated septum without touching my tonsils?
Or do you advise that I should suck it up and just tackle everything at once, including the tonsils? It would just be great if I could avoid as much pain as possible.
If 9years is still around - I have a question; from everything Ive been reading on here, it sounds like the tonsillectomy alone is what is extremely painful? Wondering if you guys think itd be fine for me to remove my adenoids and fix my deviated septum without touching my tonsils?
Or do you advise that I should suck it up and just tackle everything at once, including the tonsils? It would just be great if I could avoid as much pain as possible.
-
9YearsToFindCure
- Junior
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:03 am
That's such great news for Mindy. I'm so glad someone else finally had it done. I eagerly wait with confidence that the adenoids and cysts she had removed have cured her.
You're next Jimi!
StillHoping, don't mess around with a half ass surgery. If you're prone to stones, they'll likely be in both kinds of tonsil tissue, palatine and pharyngeal. You've got to man up and get it done right. Plenty of Vicodin will help you through it. You know as well as I that there is no pain not worth enduring to rid oneself of bad breath. I would have cut fingers off if that would have cured me back then. I laughed when I read Corpsebreath's post about wanting to cut out his own adenoids, but I get it. The emotional and psychological pain, the loneliness, and the lack of love and affection are far greater tortures than any medieval surgeon could inflict upon us. I've lived at both ends of the spectrum and I guarantee you that it's worth it! But please just let an ENT do it
You're next Jimi!
StillHoping, don't mess around with a half ass surgery. If you're prone to stones, they'll likely be in both kinds of tonsil tissue, palatine and pharyngeal. You've got to man up and get it done right. Plenty of Vicodin will help you through it. You know as well as I that there is no pain not worth enduring to rid oneself of bad breath. I would have cut fingers off if that would have cured me back then. I laughed when I read Corpsebreath's post about wanting to cut out his own adenoids, but I get it. The emotional and psychological pain, the loneliness, and the lack of love and affection are far greater tortures than any medieval surgeon could inflict upon us. I've lived at both ends of the spectrum and I guarantee you that it's worth it! But please just let an ENT do it
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
I want to do it, but if Mindy will report back that it did not work, probably it will not work for me too.
I cant believe still this might cure me. It is too good to be true.
I am treated like an animal, they just spray with perfumes now after I leave the caffe bar. THat is the new low for me, spraying with parfumes after me....
Also it is hard for MIndy to know if it works. Now she is on antibiotics...so I wonder how long we have to wait to see if it worked for her, maybe 1 month?
I have appointment in 7 days.....so that sucks
I cant believe still this might cure me. It is too good to be true.
I am treated like an animal, they just spray with perfumes now after I leave the caffe bar. THat is the new low for me, spraying with parfumes after me....
Also it is hard for MIndy to know if it works. Now she is on antibiotics...so I wonder how long we have to wait to see if it worked for her, maybe 1 month?
I have appointment in 7 days.....so that sucks
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Mindy,
My fingers are crossed! I will patiently wait for the final outcome. I know that an Adenoidectomy won't be a "cure all" for every situation but I truly feel it could be a cure for many of us who have ruled out the obvious suspects. I had a tonsillectomy about 7 months ago but it has not seemed to provide a cure. I am hoping that an adenoidectomy will be my salvation.
9Years,
What method did they use to perform your adenoidectomy? Conventional adenoidectomy by curettage or transoral endoscopic adenoidectomy? There seems to be pros and cons to both methods. Transoral endoscopic adenoidectomy seems to have a higher success rate of removing more adenoid tissue while avoiding injury of important structures as Eustachian tube orifices. In any case, I'm sure either method would be fine.
My fingers are crossed! I will patiently wait for the final outcome. I know that an Adenoidectomy won't be a "cure all" for every situation but I truly feel it could be a cure for many of us who have ruled out the obvious suspects. I had a tonsillectomy about 7 months ago but it has not seemed to provide a cure. I am hoping that an adenoidectomy will be my salvation.
9Years,
What method did they use to perform your adenoidectomy? Conventional adenoidectomy by curettage or transoral endoscopic adenoidectomy? There seems to be pros and cons to both methods. Transoral endoscopic adenoidectomy seems to have a higher success rate of removing more adenoid tissue while avoiding injury of important structures as Eustachian tube orifices. In any case, I'm sure either method would be fine.
I really want to give it 2 weeks to a month before I make an assessment. I have no feeling one way or another as of now.
Today my nose is completely plugged with blood and mucus.
Mouth breathing only right now- so breath feels disgusting. I'm not taking the pain meds anymore. I am alternating Tylenol and some ibuprofen. Sore, but not bad. I felt a lot worse this winter just from sinus throat infections.
Plus I have to finish out the antibiotics for a week.
Jimi, at least get the ENT to put the probe down your nostrils to see if he can see adenoid tissue. Don't leave til he does. Then go from there.
Today my nose is completely plugged with blood and mucus.
Mouth breathing only right now- so breath feels disgusting. I'm not taking the pain meds anymore. I am alternating Tylenol and some ibuprofen. Sore, but not bad. I felt a lot worse this winter just from sinus throat infections.
Plus I have to finish out the antibiotics for a week.
Jimi, at least get the ENT to put the probe down your nostrils to see if he can see adenoid tissue. Don't leave til he does. Then go from there.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.