Did the private hospital try and put you off even though you was paying - im thinking i need to check this route out. So gutted i never got both done at once, not to mention my left side seems to be growing back. I also have darker wax in my left ear which is like treacle compared too honey on the right.FedUp wrote:
for the first 2 tonsillectomies was NHS. Adenoidectomy was private which cost a little over £1500.
Anesthetist and Surgeon fees are invoiced after the operation.
.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
What Cured My Halitosis/Bad Breath - Tonsils and Adenoids - BEWARE SIDE EFFECTS, CHOKING ON LIQUIDS, 9YEARS SCAM????
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
so that is good news, congrats
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
fedup99 wrote:Did the private hospital try and put you off even though you was paying - im thinking i need to check this route out. So gutted i never got both done at once, not to mention my left side seems to be growing back. I also have darker wax in my left ear which is like treacle compared too honey on the right.FedUp wrote:
for the first 2 tonsillectomies was NHS. Adenoidectomy was private which cost a little over £1500.
Anesthetist and Surgeon fees are invoiced after the operation.
.
didn't try to put me off but was skeptical and "couldn't guarantee" that it would work. but was willing to do it without any sort of arm twisting.
if you have regrowth or remnants i'd ask to get those out too.
after 1st tonsillectomy there was a big chunk of tonsil tissue left over on my right side. had a remnant tonsillectomy to remove that chunk but still no luck. adenoidectomy- hopefully 3rd time's a charm but we'll see.
and thanks jimi. although i'm still sensing bad smells up there i'm just keeping an open mind at the moment. don't want to pop the bubbly too early.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
I am planning just to go to Thailand for surgery, is is really cheap like 1000 usd and they use laser. So I think that is the right move for me. I am done with my country, you have to wait like 6 months for appointment, ***k that. I am so done with that.
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Just over 2 weeks since my surgery(Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy). There are still scabs waiting to fall off in the tonsil area. Bloody mucous from nasal area still there though very little. Mouth feels fresh without even having to brush! Attended a party yesterday and no reactions from anybody despite talking from close up. Hope this is not a dream. Just as Mindy and 9years said, it will take time for us to get the bad breath issue out of our mind and be normal. Before surgery, I used to use lots of toothpaste and take almost 40 minutes for brushing. Now, using a fraction of it. For years, stopped eating sweets, sodas, milk or anything that could increase the bb. Yesterday, I drank coke in years and no reactions.
Don't want to sound like this is the magic bullet for everybody, but in my case it is making a difference so far. Sorry for the delay in posting, I will try to post regularly from now.
Don't want to sound like this is the magic bullet for everybody, but in my case it is making a difference so far. Sorry for the delay in posting, I will try to post regularly from now.
-
Corpsebreath
- Advanced
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:52 pm
A correction...it will be 2 weeks in 2 days...stopped antibiotics for 3 days now...bb severity was different at different times....but would get reactions from atleast 1 metre away...despite all this...I work and have a good supportive family...before surgery, the tongue coating would be thick in the mornings and I stopped brushing in the evenings to enable body to develop its immunity...now...it is very little...hardly have to scrap.
had a lot of pnd....still have it but a bit reduced....taste was normal...completely avoided sugars, sodas, fruit juices, milk and other bb increasing foods before surgery. I will start trying them in the coming days.
had a lot of pnd....still have it but a bit reduced....taste was normal...completely avoided sugars, sodas, fruit juices, milk and other bb increasing foods before surgery. I will start trying them in the coming days.
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Archimonde
- Super Angel
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm
-
Corpsebreath
- Advanced
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:52 pm
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
I am still not sure if this works. Fedup is still stinky after 3 weeks post op I guess, you took antibiotics, that we all knew kill the bb temporarily and it always comes back, so this is no proof this works.
Also some people clamied after removal of palatine tonsils bb dissapeared for a month, than it came back....
but I hope we have a slight more chance beating this horrible affliction
Also some people clamied after removal of palatine tonsils bb dissapeared for a month, than it came back....
but I hope we have a slight more chance beating this horrible affliction
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
-
NOTANYMORE
- Master
- Posts: 254
- Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:44 am
Read my sticky thread. I was free of all halitosis and mucus symptoms for 2 months following tonsillectomy. It came back but not as bad as before. I believe the IV antibiotics are what helped at the time. You should wait 6 months before posting a true cure. I do hole it has worked for you though...everyone is different.
Thank you for your reply feelitagainfeelitagain wrote:Hey Jess,jess wrote:Thanks for your reply feelitagain. I'll be following your posts to see your feedback from them.feelitagain wrote:Hey Jess,
I currently do not have an insurance hence it will be all out of pocket. I will be contacting their office soon and find out everything I need to know.
And also, thank you very much to 9years and mindyb for all the updates; and I have to say I've contacted 9years and have spoken to him over the phone on two different occasions. He was very helpful and answered all my questions both times. I truly appreciate it 9years.
My plan is to go to California to see the same Dr that operated on 9years. Right now it's just a matter of planning because I don't have insurance.
I contacted Dr. Larian's team and was able to gather some information.
They are out of network and the total cost of the surgery for me would be $3,000Please keep in mind that the total cost is based on both tonsillectomy(I havent done it) and adenoidectomy. I am not sure what the cost would be for having just adenoidectomy done.
We also have to consider other expenses such as flight/hotel/food/etc..
They told me I would need about ~2days of rest after the surgery as well. I am particularly worried about the post surgery part..It seems that other members who went through this surgery are dealing with nasty odor as part of the recovering process and I dont want to stink up the plane..not sure how bad the smell is...If someone can comment on it..that would be great..
What am I gonna do? I am still thinking about finding someone local but leaning towards getting it done with someone with experience.
It would be great to hear from mindyb on her status. I want to know how her morning breath is/any reaction from her family members/etc...
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
can you believe i'm still healing???
Still spitting gobs of bloody tissue with mucus stuck to it.
The smell is slowly fading but jesus christ.
I can feel a scab or something still up there tickling. It has to come any day now. im disgusted that it's taken this long. the bits im snorting out come in little balls of tissue/blood and when i crush them they smell like a real eggy drain. i stunk the work place out the other day and it was the same smell. stuck my finger back there last night, the smell on finger was like blood/fart. this is getting quite tiresome, this shit has to heal soon. 4 weeks post op. it's either infected or my low white blood count is preventing a quick healing process.
edit- the bits im hacking out are not tonsil stones, just dead tissue which smell upon putting to nose but the smell is worse when squished.
Still spitting gobs of bloody tissue with mucus stuck to it.
The smell is slowly fading but jesus christ.
I can feel a scab or something still up there tickling. It has to come any day now. im disgusted that it's taken this long. the bits im snorting out come in little balls of tissue/blood and when i crush them they smell like a real eggy drain. i stunk the work place out the other day and it was the same smell. stuck my finger back there last night, the smell on finger was like blood/fart. this is getting quite tiresome, this shit has to heal soon. 4 weeks post op. it's either infected or my low white blood count is preventing a quick healing process.
edit- the bits im hacking out are not tonsil stones, just dead tissue which smell upon putting to nose but the smell is worse when squished.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.