THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Almost BB free for one year

Tell us your story with bad breath
betterdays
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Almost BB free for one year

Post by betterdays »

I have been on this site for a significant amount of time now, but rarely post. I honestly feel there is no cure for BB but I believe I have found a way to MAINTAIN mine.

About me
Im a 33 year old female and I believe my BB started at about 18 but really kicked into high gear about 25. It came to the point that every time I would speak people would always start looking for shit on their shoes. I have literally purchased every product/service on the market regardless of cost. I have also done every test known to man and the answer: Diagnosis- halitosis of unknown origin. Treatment- no one knows, but doctors will always come up with something stupid because they cant tell you they don't know. Well to be fair I was diagnosed with post nasal drip which I believe contributes to my BB but its not cause. I started keeping a serious diary about 3 years ago (which is really hard to do, thank God for smart phones). I also started sticking to new methods at least 3-6months before trying something new.
My diary included:
what I methods I used that day
what I put in my mouth- tooth paste, food, juice, gums, mints, vitamins, literally everything
when I moved my bowels EVERYTHING
This way, when I had a bad day after a run of good days I could narrow down the cause.


What works for me

I oil pull with coconut oil every morning- usually while I shower and dress about 20 min

I take a daily probiotic and vitamin C.

If my allergies are acting up I will take a shot of lemon juice and cayenne pepper. This works miracles for me especially 1st thing in the morning.
2-3 times a week I use a sinus irrigator with a little Alkalol in it.

I also use the same irrigator just change the tip and irrigate me mouth with chlorhexidine - but only when ive had a flare up. I hate that stuff!!!! Im also not 100% sure if it really works for me.

I juice!!! 1 drink in the morning at minimum. I keep it simple though I don't like the green juices. I like apples, ginger, celery, mints- more of the refreshing types.

I do my absolute best to eat fruits after every meal. Especially ones with a lot of water content- melons of all types are my go to fruits.

I don't eat any dairy... well I love pizza so I do eat pizza but only at home. I rarely eat meat, when Im out in public I stick to a hearty salad and only clear dressings. Im not 100% sure but I do feel that meat has a negative impact on my breath. Im a good cook so I cook a lot of vegan meals. I have gotten pretty good at it. I drink tons of water, I literally have a bottle with me at all time.

I also keep a travel tooth brush/paste with me and brush after every meal or at a minimum 3-4 times a day. When im out in a group I try to scope out single stall bathrooms so others don't see me. I use xyliwhite toothpaste. I have tried a kazilliion brands and they all seem to dry out my mouth except this one. I usually alternate between that and my home made toothpaste. I feel that changing things up helps to prevent my mouth from getting use to my regime, then its back to BB. I also use a tongue scraper but here and there. Its really isn't a part of my daily routine.

I pretty much live with Salese lozenges in my mouth 24hrs a day even at night. I use the nonflavored ones mostly. If im going to be in a public setting I use the mint ones. The flavors aren't too strong and they last forever.

This routine has been really successful for me. I have had flare ups maybe once or twice a month if that ( this may sound like a lot but in comparison to never being able to open your mouth in public this is ... I don't even have the words). I now have friends again and im getting back into having a social life. About a month ago a person that I met about 4 months ago was telling me about a coworker of hers with terrible breath and how it gives her a headache. I just sat there in disbelief for like a good 2 minutes. I have been on a few dates but I am honestly too paranoid to get too close. Also most alcoholic drinks immediately flare up my BB but I have found that I can drink Rum and Coke with lemon and still speak to people without reaction. I also drink with the lozenges in my mouth.
Trunks99
Advanced
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:18 am
Location: Norcal

Post by Trunks99 »

Hey, thanks for sharing your story.

I always have the same question: How was your diet before 18? Have you ever thought of what might have been the trigger to your bb?
angst-ridden
Advanced
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by angst-ridden »

Candy and sweets makes my breath worse. Don't those lozenges aggravate your breath? I don't have PND so I would just try oil pulling.
betterdays
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Post by betterdays »

My diet has always been on the healthy side. I was never really big on red meat. I have done tons of research as to what a possible trigger might be, as of now I'm leaning towards some form of hormonal imbalance.
betterdays
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Post by betterdays »

angst-ridden wrote:Candy and sweets makes my breath worse. Don't those lozenges aggravate your breath? I don't have PND so I would just try oil pulling.
Candy and mints do the same for me. The lozenges are actually for dry mouth, they aren't like standard mints. Although I don't have dry mouth I tried them after reading someone else's story some time back. Surprisingly it worked
LEKH
Total Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:13 am

Post by LEKH »

Hey.....thnks for sharing your experience,,,,,,Nw, i am working with these tipz..........
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗