Your Email Address:

First Name:

An Amazing Discovery - Sugarfree/Chewable VITAMIN C

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Leena
Junior

Re: Sugarless Vit C Question

Post by Leena »

BBNO wrote:I'm using Walgreens' 500mg sugarless vit C chewables ($4.99/100). They contain: sorbitol, sucrose, and sucralose. Is this bad? :?:
I would say it`s bad. My observations show that every other sweetener except sorbitol is bad fo BB. That include sucralose and others. And sucrose is actually sugar, table sugar.

Monkey Nuggets
Total Newbie

Post by Monkey Nuggets »

Hey, Guys and Gals....

Regarding the GNC Sugarless Chewable Vitamin C, I'm assuming everyone is taking the one with Vitamin A, correct?

If so, Vitamin A is toxic and can be quite dangerous in larger doses.

So, my point is, is there another GNC brand that is sugarless and that does not contain Vitamin A?

Thanks for your feedback since I could not find one on their site.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Indeed Vit A may possibly be a little toxic, especially for smokers

--please check earlier posts in this thread ... all GNC seems to contain Vit. A but someone mentioned an alternative.

On the other hand, what if it's actually the Vitamin A or E or another ingredient in the GNC stuff that is helping? I'm confused 8)
whyme
Junior

Post by whyme »

Monkey Nuggets wrote:Hey, Guys and Gals....

Regarding the GNC Sugarless Chewable Vitamin C, I'm assuming everyone is taking the one with Vitamin A, correct?

If so, Vitamin A is toxic and can be quite dangerous in larger doses.

So, my point is, is there another GNC brand that is sugarless and that does not contain Vitamin A?

Thanks for your feedback since I could not find one on their site.
oh wow.. more good news :( so we have to decide risk of lung cancer or trying out to cure BB.
btw i found this here..
http://dietary-supplements.info.nih.gov ... ina.asp#h3

the GNC 500mg vit c i have says it brings 1,000 IU of vit A. the recommended intake for adults 18yrs+ is 3,000 IU a day. that means will be fine if we take 3 pills max a day.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

And we still don't know if its vitamin A or C that's helping with bb. (or the combination)
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

vitamin A is not toxic when it`s in beta carotene form.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

jc wrote:vitamin A is not toxic when it`s in beta carotene form.
which means...
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

RE the GNC 500 mg cherry...3 tablets would be 60% of daily value of VitA, which is ok. You can get more than that in a bowl of healthy cereal.

But if you are taking extreme amounts of anything... you do so at your own risk, that should be noted anyway.

I think there should be an "at your own risk" disclaimer as a sticky title, so impressionable youngsters don't read this site, and take entire bottles of C for example.
Sure
Total Newbie

Post by Sure »

Hello,
I am from the Netherlands. I didn't understand some things I have read in this topic. I also have a bad breath and I hate it. When I am talking to some one I can't look at this person because I'm affraid he or she would smell my breath. I always got chewinggum with me, and I don't like chewing gum. Is the vitamine C really really helping?? I really hope so. This is my biggest problem and I really want to get rid of it. Every where I go I see people talking/kissing with eachother and I can not do that because of my breath. It's my biggest problem!
stanislav
Total Newbie

Post by stanislav »

jc wrote:vitamin A is not toxic when it`s in beta carotene form.
I'm afraid it is:

http://www.westonaprice.org/basicnutrit ... #carotenes

It's actually the other way around. Real vitamin A (retinol) is less toxic than beta-carotene.
whyme
Junior

Post by whyme »

noptical wrote:And we still don't know if its vitamin A or C that's helping with bb. (or the combination)
vit c is the one helping because is the one that makes you salivate more.. when i ate the sugar one that didn't contain vit A it help for a couple of days.
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

It's defiently c, The SUGAR vitmin c which did not contain any A was what helped at first until the sugar overpowered the vitamin. Also, it says you can have up to 10,000 IU of vitamin A, withoiut being too toxic. I actually don't give a ***k about the vitamin A warnings, this has given me a new life that I prayed for years to have. :P
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

snoopsister wrote:I actually don't give a ***k about the vitamin A warnings, this has given me a new life that I prayed for years to have. :P
Well be careful with the dosage then because it might give you an even "newer" life that you prayed never to experience :P
coeric
Junior

Post by coeric »

add me to the chorus of people who does not like vit-a. i smoke a pack/day and it's a serious issue if i get lung cancer. ive been on this vit-c thing for almost week now (6-7pills per day X500mg), and cant really tell if it's working or not. it makes me salivate sure... it's that sour stuff in it that makes us do this. anyway, i am about tired of everything at this point.

when lavoris is finally ready (sometime in two years) and when it doesnt work, i dont really know if theres anything left.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

coeric wrote: i smoke a pack/day
you really need to quit. i stopped 4 months ago, and i smoked the same as you. Just stop. My breath is unable to be helped with smartmouth if i smoke. Its the best thing you'll ever do (apart from curing halitosis). QUIT dude, you'll be much happier.

I know I know, i'll shutup
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic