THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Post nasal drip
Post nasal drip
Hi guys. Everytime I brush my tongue, I notice that I have slime or slimy mucus in the back on my tongue. It's clear so I'm assuming it's mucus because what else can be back there that's slimy? Do any of you guys have this problem? Can that be causing my bad breath? Is that clear slim considered post nasal drip? Please let me know. Pleaseeeee
-
ThinkPositive
- Junior
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:23 pm
im actually not 100% sure if it is post nasal drip but it may be. but when i brush my teeth and tongue thoroughly the smell diminishes but it then returns as mucus falls into my throat/tongue. as the mucus drips i can cough some out and its usually clear. my mouth begins to taste extremely bitter and it worsens throughout the day to what i believe to be a really bad odor that comes out of my nose. in the mornings though what i cough out before brushing is thick, green mucus even though i don't feel congested in the nasal area at all. have you tried nasal irrigation?
my PND seems to get worse just after brushing teeth. it feels as though, the more mucus the worse the smell gets. my PND has a tint of yellow in there when i spit it out in the morning. smell been quite bad past few days for me. i can taste it and smell it- its not pretty. still waiting on a ct scan, if there is not infection or deformity then i'll be damned. i know the area it's coming from. just frustrating waiting to see docs....
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
-
ThinkPositive
- Junior
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:23 pm
Yea me too. This is why I'm starting to think there's something wrong with my nasal area.But when I use a nasal irrigator it feels like it blocks my nose so I don't it anymore. Its like something far back in the nose is collecting the bacteria and then causing PND and I've done a CT scan before my ent saw nothing. I told him about the green mucus he said there's nothing wrong maybe ill discuss another ct scan just to make sure.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.