THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

tonsil smells

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
amii
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:05 pm
Location: uk
Gender:

tonsil smells

Post by amii »

hi guys quick question

if i rub my tonsils which are at the back on my mouth i get real bad smells. the smells differ depending on the place that i rub my finger eg if i push my finger in to a small tonsil hole i get a sharp smell and if i rub behind the tonsil i get another bad smell.

i have seen 3 very small tonsil stones in my life (1 mm in size) however i dont know if i have any bigger ones lurking around.

my right side tonsil seems to smell more worser than the left

what is this all about?

thanks
somethinstinks
Advanced
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:58 am
Location: New York City

Re: tonsil smells

Post by somethinstinks »

amii wrote:hi guys quick question

if i rub my tonsils which are at the back on my mouth i get real bad smells. the smells differ depending on the place that i rub my finger eg if i push my finger in to a small tonsil hole i get a sharp smell and if i rub behind the tonsil i get another bad smell.

i have seen 3 very small tonsil stones in my life (1 mm in size) however i dont know if i have any bigger ones lurking around.

my right side tonsil seems to smell more worser than the left

what is this all about?

thanks
id guess u have tonsil stones
amii
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:05 pm
Location: uk
Gender:

Post by amii »

Hi I have poked around with a plastic tonsil device which I bought of eBay and gone into a small hole in my tonsils however haven't seen anything. All I've ever seen in my life have been 3 stones that's are 1mm in size.

Do you think I may have larger stones. Also how can I find then and take out
somethinstinks
Advanced
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:58 am
Location: New York City

Post by somethinstinks »

amii wrote:Hi I have poked around with a plastic tonsil device which I bought of eBay and gone into a small hole in my tonsils however haven't seen anything. All I've ever seen in my life have been 3 stones that's are 1mm in size.

Do you think I may have larger stones. Also how can I find then and take out
I used to never be able to find my tonsil stones (i wasnt even sure where my tonsils were). The only time I would know i had a tonsil stone was when they randomly came loose in my mouth. Then using my finger (and sniffing it) i was able to locate where the tonsil stone smell was coming from. I got a waterflosser (which i would highly recommend for this and for flossing) and on the lowest setting shot into the area. Now when I press my finger up to the area i dont smell the odor so Im pretty sure it helped. Im still dealing with this, but I think it helped
ttylxman
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:28 am

Post by ttylxman »

As soon as I stopped rinsing out my tonsils with chlorhexidine, my breath took a dive and I developed a monster tonsil stone that I've been able to feel growing for weeks.

I haven't had a tonsil stone bother me in years of irrigating..This proves to me it is very important for us to irrigate our tonsils, even with just hydrogen peroxide. Still working on getting a Tonsillectomy and Andoidectomy..
tigg
Total Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:09 am

Post by tigg »

@ttylxman

I have recently started rubbing chlorhexidine all over my tonsils (my right one has deep crypts and smells really bad) to see if it helps.

I find that just 1-2 hours after i've done this if I touch/squeeze the tonsil again the bad smell is back.
That said I used to get stones every single day out of the tonsil and I no longer get them, however I suspect it's because I rub them every 2 hours so they don't get a chance to form...

How long have you gone tonsil-smell-free after rinsing them with chlorhexidine?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗