I've suffered from chronic halitosis for a little over a decade and a half. I'm one of the lucky ones I guess because my bad breath started right after high school. So I didn't have to go through the bad jokes and insults...until later on.
I don't know what triggered it, but I can tell you it ruined my college experience and all the years that lead to the mid 30s. In short, the best years of anyone's life.
Over the years I've learned that there is no single bad breath treatment out there that will work on the long term. It took me a while to understand that the reason these treatments didn't have an effect that lasted over a week was because anaerobic bacteria is highly adaptive.
When I started the latest treatment that promised the moon, I simply eliminated the weaker strains of bacteria. Because these weaker strains represent the majority of germs that cause bad breath, I only got the illusion of a cure.
All the while the stronger strains resisted, adapted, and reproduced a new generation of bacteria completely resistant to the treatment.
The result is simply a bad breath treatment that looses its effect progressively until it simply no longer works at all. Anyone who suffers from chronic halitosis know this to be true.
Treatments such as Closys, Breezecare, Oramd, and the many others that are widely advertised over the net and promise instant results DO NOT WORK. The best ones will bring relief for about a week at most.
The only way to deal with these bacteria is by switching treatment on a regular basis. Of course the trick is not to alternate too often. By doing this, you'll only create super resistant strains of bacteria.
This advice is for people who's bad breath is caused by an oral imbalance in the mouth only.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Bad breath products that dont work
-
chubbygirl
- Junior
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 am
-
hopelessone
- Sheriff
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am
these super bacteria have GOT to have SOME kind of weakness or achilles heel. They're living organisms, aren't they? Is there a way of keeping them from re-producing? Isn't there some sort of natural enemy? Would they survive in outer space? Why? or Why not?
They're not above all other living things. There has GOT to be a weakness or a way to keep them from re-producing. I remember reading somewhere that researchers developed a way to fight roaches, for instance, by preventing them from reproducing. They eventually die out. What would work similarly with these super bacteria?
And i was reading once about a society of bad breath researchers who meet nationally, i believe, once a year, in different countries, for a conference.....can't remember the name of it.
They're not above all other living things. There has GOT to be a weakness or a way to keep them from re-producing. I remember reading somewhere that researchers developed a way to fight roaches, for instance, by preventing them from reproducing. They eventually die out. What would work similarly with these super bacteria?
And i was reading once about a society of bad breath researchers who meet nationally, i believe, once a year, in different countries, for a conference.....can't remember the name of it.
-
hopelessone
- Sheriff
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am
here's a link to an article about them on the web......
seriously, though...what DO they do? i haven't seen ANY good come from them. Are they a bunch o' frauds?
http://iopscience.iop.org/1752-7163/2/1/010301
seriously, though...what DO they do? i haven't seen ANY good come from them. Are they a bunch o' frauds?

http://iopscience.iop.org/1752-7163/2/1/010301
Re: Bad breath products that dont work
Dont waste your hard earn $$ on Smarthmouth, Therabreath, and the likes. Aim to get rid of the bacteria on your tounge first, thats where most bad breath comes from.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.