Your Email Address:

First Name:

TONGUE MANICURE

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
findacure
Master

TONGUE MANICURE

Post by findacure »

hey I found this site claiming to perform a tongue manicure...hmmm interesting.

The latest innovation introduced The Fresh Breath Centre in London's Devonshire Place is a tongue manicure which cleanses and grooms the mouth as part of the management of bad breath and marks the start of the oral rejuvenation process. The therapeutic treatment was pioneered in conjunction with Dr Phil Stemmer by the newly honoured Hygienist of the Year, Mhari Coxon, whose work was recognised at the Probe Dental Awards on Friday 7 April.

the link is: http://www.freshbreath.co.uk/tongueclean.html

Anyone tried it or been to the breath centre in London?
Last edited by findacure on Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laka

Post by Laka »

I doubt it will really be useful.. Sounds like a glorified tongue scraping and another mouth rinse.
He says 9 out of 10 cases are caused by gum disease and poor oral hygiene and that brushing and flossing teeth twice a day are essential to fresh breath. Well I think most of the people in this forum have established that just brushing and flossing with a little bit of scraping and rinsing twice a day just doesn't do the job..

I don't think he has invented anything new! All he does is scraping and rinsing. Hooray, we're all cured! .. as if.

Would be nice if it were that easy right.

;)
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

After professionally brushing the teeth ultrasonically, flossing and then polishing them until their surfaces are glassy-clean, the 'manicure continues with a gentle tongue cleaning during which it is combed with a non abrasive tongue cleaner. Finally the mouth is rinsed with an alcohol free mouthwash - leaving it refreshed and smelling sweet.
Uhhhh, that's my daily routine with the inclusion of flossing.

This gimmick sickens me.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

A person with good breath will still have pretty good breath even if he doesnt brush his teeth for days but just follows his normal eating schedule.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Yeah this is just trying to dress up old stuff. A Swedish dentist has been doing deep cleansing of the tongue with an irrigating scraper for years so there's nothing new here.

I went to that London clinic mentioned in the article a few times way back. I remember them having good dental hygienists but were ultimately failing regarding the bb. Needless to say, they were also super expensive. I left them without paying my final £500. All they're really are trying to do is flogging their own products (Dentyl pH).
jonnyath
Total Newbie

Post by jonnyath »

noptical wrote:A person with good breath will still have pretty good breath even if he doesnt brush his teeth for days but just follows his normal eating schedule.
True dude, I was pretty good with my oral hygiene, but in the last couple years since the metronidazole treatment I am an over confidant slacker with my brushing.

Still have post nasal drip and white tongue but I don't give a stuff.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

jonnyath wrote:
noptical wrote:A person with good breath will still have pretty good breath even if he doesnt brush his teeth for days but just follows his normal eating schedule.
True dude, I was pretty good with my oral hygiene, but in the last couple years since the metronidazole treatment I am an over confidant slacker with my brushing.
what treatment is that??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic