THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Breath gets us all

Tell us your story with bad breath
Apol32
Total Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:52 pm
Gender:

Breath gets us all

Post by Apol32 »

Hi guys,

I've lurked on the site for some time now and thought I would speak to yous all just for some comfort in talking and sharing my story with you all.

I'm 32 and male living in Ireland, bb is a relatively new problem for me (I think) but caused what was possibly the worst 6 months of my life. I was in a relationship for 2.5 years and was engaged to be married early next year, she left me in November past.

It all started about maybe a year ago around easter last year, I was probably slightly overdue a dentist visit at the time (gone twice a year for my entire life). She commented in passing that my breath was stinky so I thought I'd get it sorted. Apart from a filling or two dentist suggested that my teeth were in decent order.
A couple of months passed and she brought it up again, I explored it being nasal as I was dosed and snoring badly at the time. A Nasal spray cleared the infection but no real solution there either to the bb.
After this I tried just about everything, probiotics, diet changes, considerable exercise (lost 2 stone), tonsil inspection and the conclusion was I think dietary so I've tried my best since then to be stricter with what I eat and noticed some improvement.

We argued all the time about it, she kept getting upset that she thought she was bullying me and was fed up of having to tell me to brush my teeth often. (which I was excessively) What upset me was the feeling of a lack of support, I had tried everything for her - spent thousands, had weeks off work for various checks and treatments yet still criticised and avoided as if I'd the plague. This in turn ruined any intimacy, we went from regular sex to maybe once a week, to sleeping in the spare bedroom alone. In the end it all fizzled out.

The problem I have now and why I write today, is I'm now petrified of this issue with any new relationship. I've met a couple of ppl since the new year. But either shirked away when asked to meet again or I've not wanted to myself.

Until this whole episode I hadn't once in the past been told by friends, relatives, colleagues, lovers of having bb so now paranoid if it was just her or if it is actually a recurrent problem. How do people have confidence in themselves during this? How do you get over the doubt of thinking "can they smell it?"

Thanks for reading, feels better to just share :)
Soon
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:32 pm

Re: Breath gets us all

Post by Soon »

Just keep talking to people. The normal reactions would be stepping back, rubbing of nose, stopping of conversation abruptly etc etc

Or check with a dentist. Probably would be less embarrassing when the other party is a medical officer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗