THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Pregnancy Bad Breath
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Pregnancy Bad Breath
Have you or anyone you know had your bad breath temporarily dissappear after getting pregnant /while breast feeding?
Vice versa - did you (or notice someone) start getting bad breath after becoming pregnant?
And is there anyone that suspects bad breath might be related to hormones?
Vice versa - did you (or notice someone) start getting bad breath after becoming pregnant?
And is there anyone that suspects bad breath might be related to hormones?
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
-
cleanbreathwant
- Newbie
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:46 pm
Re: Pregnancy Bad Breath
My BB appeared when I first went on the contraceptive pill at 19. It took a few months for me to notice it.StillHoping wrote:Have you or anyone you know had your bad breath temporarily dissappear after getting pregnant /while breast feeding?
Vice versa - did you (or notice someone) start getting bad breath after becoming pregnant?
And is there anyone that suspects bad breath might be related to hormones?
So it has to be hormone related?
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Re: Pregnancy Bad Breath
Very interesting! I don't know for sure but suspect hormones may play a part. There are cases of women developing bad breath after getting pregnant and I know of a woman who had the opposite effect - bb disappeared when she became pregnant. Maybe bb is due to some sort of hormonal imbalance?
This may also explain why a lot of us started noticing bb around ages 10 - 12. Ie. Around the time we hit puberty. It's all a mystery!
This may also explain why a lot of us started noticing bb around ages 10 - 12. Ie. Around the time we hit puberty. It's all a mystery!
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
-
CherreBelle
- Newbie
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:48 pm
- Gender:
Re: Pregnancy Bad Breath
I think my bad breath started during my third pregnancy in 2015! OMG IF this is a hormonal thing, is it possible to get on a contraceptive to reverse it? Might be grasping at straws but I'm ready to give it a shot.
-
Summerside
- Advanced
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 10:06 pm
- Location: Edmonton
- Gender:
Re: Pregnancy Bad Breath
CherreBelle wrote:I think my bad breath started during my third pregnancy in 2015! OMG IF this is a hormonal thing, is it possible to get on a contraceptive to reverse it? Might be grasping at straws but I'm ready to give it a shot.
It might disappear when i hit menopause. Who knows....
-
Summerside
- Advanced
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 10:06 pm
- Location: Edmonton
- Gender:
Re: Pregnancy Bad Breath
CherreBelle wrote:I think my bad breath started during my third pregnancy in 2015! OMG IF this is a hormonal thing, is it possible to get on a contraceptive to reverse it? Might be grasping at straws but I'm ready to give it a shot.
Possible. When you take the pill you dont ovulate.
Mm but of cause you also dont when you are pregnant
I am just adding in my daily notebook what day of my cycle it is.
I think (really just wondering) if my bad taste and breath was worse during ovulation.
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Re: Pregnancy Bad Breath
Maybe if you are able to achieve hormonal balanceCherreBelle wrote:I think my bad breath started during my third pregnancy in 2015! OMG IF this is a hormonal thing, is it possible to get on a contraceptive to reverse it? Might be grasping at straws but I'm ready to give it a shot.
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Re: Pregnancy Bad Breath
I do sometimes feel the BB is worse during my periodSummerside wrote:CherreBelle wrote:I think my bad breath started during my third pregnancy in 2015! OMG IF this is a hormonal thing, is it possible to get on a contraceptive to reverse it? Might be grasping at straws but I'm ready to give it a shot.
Possible. When you take the pill you dont ovulate.
Mm but of cause you also dont when you are pregnant
I am just adding in my daily notebook what day of my cycle it is.
I think (really just wondering) if my bad taste and breath was worse during ovulation.
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
-
cleanbreathwant
- Newbie
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:46 pm
Re: Pregnancy Bad Breath
StillHoping wrote:Maybe if you are able to achieve hormonal balanceCherreBelle wrote:I think my bad breath started during my third pregnancy in 2015! OMG IF this is a hormonal thing, is it possible to get on a contraceptive to reverse it? Might be grasping at straws but I'm ready to give it a shot.
It is weird though, as BB started when i started taking the pill, but when I stopped taking the pill the BB never went away?
Shouldn't hormones just reset themselves?
Re: Pregnancy Bad Breath
I know there was a lady with life long bb who said it disappeared after a hysterectomy - drastic though.
I don't think mine is hormonal though because I suffered as a child...
I don't think mine is hormonal though because I suffered as a child...
-
cleanbreathwant
- Newbie
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:46 pm
Re: Pregnancy Bad Breath
WhiteCat wrote:I know there was a lady with life long bb who said it disappeared after a hysterectomy - drastic though.
I don't think mine is hormonal though because I suffered as a child...
Are you talking about Hopefulone? Her bb returned
Re: Pregnancy Bad Breath
No I don't think so, I can't remember where I read about this.
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Re: Pregnancy Bad Breath
I've been reading up on hormonal imbalance and apparently diet can play a huge part; especially non organic and processed foods. Not to mention all the crap/chemicals they forcefeed into animals these days and then we end up eating it.
Its possible her bb returned after the hysterectomy if changes weren't made in order to avoid hormone issues
Its possible her bb returned after the hysterectomy if changes weren't made in order to avoid hormone issues
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.