THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
White coated tongue.
White coated tongue.
Hello guys... So i have noticed after reading on this forum that I too have a white coated tongue. Even after after i brush my tongue with chlorhexedine or peroxide i still have a white coating on the back whatever i do. I would like to know if any1 of u with the same problem fixed it. Thanks..
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Re: White coated tongue.
Try drinking apple cider vinegar in the morning + cut out ALL dairy/alcohol/sugar from your diet. See if you notice a reduction in the tongue coating within 2 - 3 days. This is how I get rid of my tongue coating, it comes back if I eat dairy or sugar
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Re: White coated tongue.
I have also noticed something very strange...well not rlly strange since we do have bb. After brushing my tongue in the morning especially there a foul smell coming from the toothbrush head. Like sour saliva or something. Did u have that too?
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Re: White coated tongue.
Yes its the same thing if you lick your wrist
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Re: White coated tongue.
So isnt there any permanent cure? Or is the only way just a dietary change and the bb will go away?? Have u completely cured ur bb?
](./images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif)
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Re: White coated tongue.
For my case, I am not cured but able to "manage it" - most important factor being my diet. Hopefully a cure will come along for everyone one day with no restrictions
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Re: White coated tongue.
How severe was ur case?? How far away could people smell u?? Do u have nasal bb, tonsil stones or any digestive problem?? And if i may ask what do u mean by "manage it"? Can u talk close to people?
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Re: White coated tongue.
My case was/can be pretty bad. In terms of how far it reaches; im not really sure. I have had reactions from across the room before. I'm not sure if I have nasal BB, sometimes I can smell it if I breathe in deeply - if that counts as nasal BB?
I did not have tonsil stones but still had my tonsils & adenoids removed. I have suffered from irritable bowel syndrome for over 10 years and suspect I may have colitis. But if my diet is good, I don't have any flare ups. I also think I may have a bit of liver damage from years of binge drinking.
Manage it as in - at work /social interactions. I eat small meals throughout the day to avoid dry mouth or hunger breath. I try not to talk up close to anyone, except my bf (but he has sinus problems, soo his scent sense is off). The biggest sign for me is whenever my mouth feels super dry or a bad taste or tongue coating. The reactions are worst during these, soo I know my BB is pretty bad at those times
Have you tried the ACV/Diet changes before?
I did not have tonsil stones but still had my tonsils & adenoids removed. I have suffered from irritable bowel syndrome for over 10 years and suspect I may have colitis. But if my diet is good, I don't have any flare ups. I also think I may have a bit of liver damage from years of binge drinking.
Manage it as in - at work /social interactions. I eat small meals throughout the day to avoid dry mouth or hunger breath. I try not to talk up close to anyone, except my bf (but he has sinus problems, soo his scent sense is off). The biggest sign for me is whenever my mouth feels super dry or a bad taste or tongue coating. The reactions are worst during these, soo I know my BB is pretty bad at those times
Have you tried the ACV/Diet changes before?
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Re: White coated tongue.
Well... I have not tried any diet or anything...but here is what i have noticed this last month that i tried changing some things. Most of my life as i remember i suffered from constipation. I still do. I never paid any attention to my tongue so recently i saw that its coated all day long. Now let me tell u what i noticed. In the morning i wake up with terrible morning breath(who would have thought right?!) as well as a lot of white and some yellow coating. At night i drool a looot so i wake up with a dry mouth. For me the best results were after i ate an apple and drank some lemon water. I still had a white coating but could detect something bad with the lick test. I have also tried brushing my tongue with chlorohexedine and hydrogen peroxide which rlly helps but doesn't get rid of the white coating entirely....
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Re: White coated tongue.
If lemon water helped, you could possibly be suffering from low stomach acid. I think you should try out the diet changes. Its hard but worth it
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
-
cleanbreathwant
- Newbie
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:46 pm
Re: White coated tongue.
StillHoping wrote:For my case, I am not cured but able to "manage it" - most important factor being my diet. Hopefully a cure will come along for everyone one day with no restrictions
What do you do to manage it?
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.