Sadface wrote:
Really? Interesting I'll have to give them a try! I wonder the same thing-I'm leaning more towards it being the bacteria feeding on the drip, with the possibility of my oral bacteria count (the bad bacteria) being higher than normal, producing more odor. I've read that the mechanical acts of cleaning (scraping, flossing and brushing) are most effective for us because it removes that drainage but of course it comes back over time...lately I've been trying the flip sinus rinse and I don't want to get too hopeful but since I posted this I feel like my problem has diminished and I don't know if I'm imagining it but I feel like there is less sticky mucous when I swallow and after I eat I don't have to clear my throat like crazy. Have you tried oral probiotics? I'm trying to restore my bacteria to normal levels (who knows if I'm even in the right direction though) by using the carifree (it's advertised to change your biofilm bacteria to prevent cavities) and then following with chewing or sucking on oral probiotics, so there's more good bacteria than bad.
I also use closys mouth rinse, and GSE in my tongue scraper. All of these things help me feel a little more secure but the true test is waiting and seeing if anyone makes a mean comment when I'm out. Sucks but it seems like that's really the only way for me to know if I'm good or not.
Keep doing the flip turn rinses for at least a month before giving up. It can take awhile to really clear out your gunk.
I have tried oral probiotics with zero luck. They do nothing for me regardless of how I try to use them or which brands. There are people who swear by them though and have gotten major relief. I do think they are important just not likely to cure an imbalance by themselves.
That really sucks that you can't tell when you have BB. Mine has a very strong nasty taste like feces and garbage mixed together. If I lick my hand it smells like poop. I assume I am BB free when there is no longer a taste, and by the lack of reactions I get, it appears to be the case.
I've tried so many things and NOTHING seems to get rid of this taste for long. I either have a hidden dental abscess leaking into my mouth (dentists assure me not the case but they can be tricky to find) or the bacteria in my sinuses is populating my mouth. It's either one of those or my bacteria balance is just messed up and can't be fixed w/o heavy antibiotic use to reset the flora, then repopulating with oral probiotics. This is the next thing I am testing as after over a decade of trying to fix this I am starting to lose my mind and am willing to try anything.