THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
HALITOFOBIA- WHAT A BULLSHIT
Thanotos,
I’ve always admired your strength and courage to speak the truth. Again, you lead the way.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There’s NO cure for HALITOPHOBIA, only the truth and willingness to examine your condition, origin of halitosis, and courage to seek help from loved ones; best friend, brother/sister, parents is the answer.
I spoke to Dr. Mel Rosenberg three weeks ago. In order to expose the lies and paranoia I had to look to those who are willing and able to help me; left no stone unturn, explore every possible route. Dr. Rosenberg telephoned me from Tele Vive, Israel. Much of what he said to me was nothing short of enlightenment. Yes, he was a sufferer and has helped hundreds of people in dealing with halitosis in his work.
The power of paranoia, isolation, fear and shame, and obsession are our worst enemies. I’ve read a dozen times when members reported that others rolled down the car window because he/she believed that the stench was unbearable. People offering gum and mints, or the person speaking to backed away or took a step back, ect, ect, ect. When these innuendos happen we naturally interpret them as confirmation that we stink. Immediately we fall into depression, shame, and anguish without knowing if that person merely opened the window for fresh air, or wanted to chew a piece of gum and in politeness offered one to us, or stepping back because they wanted personal space and a comfortable distance to speak. Rarely, if never he/she came right out and said, “yes” you had bad breath. I don’t believe others are too embarrassed to tell us the truth. That’s another lie.
Yes, many here are true halitosis sufferers and the reactions we received are true indicators of chronic bad breath.
However, I am talking about Halitophobia, as I strongly believe there are many who suffer from this condition. Until you help yourself by seeking help from people who loves you and wants to help you, your suffering and depression continues. It’s tragedy.
I’ve been on these kinds of sites for a long time and have met many members in the past. Throughout the years, a lot of them just vanished, disappeared, never to be heard again. Why? Were they suddenly cured but failed to help their fellow sufferers? Or maybe, they learned that they were victims of paranoia and halitophobia, and moved on to better things in life, like living in happiness.
Don’t become a victim of someone’s paranoia and fall into their imprisonment and lies. YOU owe it to yourself by seeking the truth; humbly and honestly talk to someone about your condition.
I will be the FIRST to say “YES” I suffer from symptoms of Halitophobia. I am always paranoia that I have the worst breath, chronically fixated on my breath, unable to focus on conversations with others, and spent 90% of my concentration on my breath, avoiding others, brushing and mouth washing 4-5 times a day instead of engaging in carefree, joyful conversations. Isn’t that one of many symptoms of Halitophobia? All of us here suffer from symptoms of halitophobia.
To me, the difference between someone whom suffers from halitosis and a halitophobic is obvious. There’s no cure, and NOTHING helps! No mouthwash, no remedy, no advice, no treatment can cure or relive the paranoia of a halitophobic. On the other hand, I’ve learn from members who reported that they received relief/reduction from their odor by using certain mouthwashes and remedies tells me that their symptoms are treatable, even CURABLE, as I AM and many members such as Snoopsister and Chloe just to name a few.
Fear is the enemy.
JOHN
I’ve always admired your strength and courage to speak the truth. Again, you lead the way.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There’s NO cure for HALITOPHOBIA, only the truth and willingness to examine your condition, origin of halitosis, and courage to seek help from loved ones; best friend, brother/sister, parents is the answer.
I spoke to Dr. Mel Rosenberg three weeks ago. In order to expose the lies and paranoia I had to look to those who are willing and able to help me; left no stone unturn, explore every possible route. Dr. Rosenberg telephoned me from Tele Vive, Israel. Much of what he said to me was nothing short of enlightenment. Yes, he was a sufferer and has helped hundreds of people in dealing with halitosis in his work.
The power of paranoia, isolation, fear and shame, and obsession are our worst enemies. I’ve read a dozen times when members reported that others rolled down the car window because he/she believed that the stench was unbearable. People offering gum and mints, or the person speaking to backed away or took a step back, ect, ect, ect. When these innuendos happen we naturally interpret them as confirmation that we stink. Immediately we fall into depression, shame, and anguish without knowing if that person merely opened the window for fresh air, or wanted to chew a piece of gum and in politeness offered one to us, or stepping back because they wanted personal space and a comfortable distance to speak. Rarely, if never he/she came right out and said, “yes” you had bad breath. I don’t believe others are too embarrassed to tell us the truth. That’s another lie.
Yes, many here are true halitosis sufferers and the reactions we received are true indicators of chronic bad breath.
However, I am talking about Halitophobia, as I strongly believe there are many who suffer from this condition. Until you help yourself by seeking help from people who loves you and wants to help you, your suffering and depression continues. It’s tragedy.
I’ve been on these kinds of sites for a long time and have met many members in the past. Throughout the years, a lot of them just vanished, disappeared, never to be heard again. Why? Were they suddenly cured but failed to help their fellow sufferers? Or maybe, they learned that they were victims of paranoia and halitophobia, and moved on to better things in life, like living in happiness.
Don’t become a victim of someone’s paranoia and fall into their imprisonment and lies. YOU owe it to yourself by seeking the truth; humbly and honestly talk to someone about your condition.
I will be the FIRST to say “YES” I suffer from symptoms of Halitophobia. I am always paranoia that I have the worst breath, chronically fixated on my breath, unable to focus on conversations with others, and spent 90% of my concentration on my breath, avoiding others, brushing and mouth washing 4-5 times a day instead of engaging in carefree, joyful conversations. Isn’t that one of many symptoms of Halitophobia? All of us here suffer from symptoms of halitophobia.
To me, the difference between someone whom suffers from halitosis and a halitophobic is obvious. There’s no cure, and NOTHING helps! No mouthwash, no remedy, no advice, no treatment can cure or relive the paranoia of a halitophobic. On the other hand, I’ve learn from members who reported that they received relief/reduction from their odor by using certain mouthwashes and remedies tells me that their symptoms are treatable, even CURABLE, as I AM and many members such as Snoopsister and Chloe just to name a few.
Fear is the enemy.
JOHN
Busted,Busted wrote:I don't have halitophobia, but what I do have is that I can't focus on a conversation sometimes, because I'm too worried that the other person is goin to mind the bb.
I don't have the answers to your condition and symptoms. I was addressing to halitophobics.
However, let me suggest this: if you had not done so already, would sitting down with your parents, a sibling, or a trusted best friend and letting out your dark, deep, ugly secret, and that all these years you had been dealing with this nightmare alone make things worst for you? Would crying out to those around you to tell you how bad the odor, to gauge your symptoms, to listen to your anguish, heartache and sufferings make things worse for you? Or by taking a step of faith, moving forward in your condition with courage to speak out will forever change your outlook?
My guess is that you will begin to feel an amazing sense of freedom as if you were released from your imprisonment and no longer ashamed of hiding. After all, the likihood is that people around you know you have bb. Now you just gotta deal with it couragously and openingly. Maybe you will find out that all these years your BB wasn't as bad as you had thought it was. But you will never know until you talk about it with someone you can trust and loves you to tell the truth.
JOHN
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
Wow
I am so happy, I just aksed my parents about bad breath and they say that I never had bad brath in my life. And I was thinking I had bad breath for 15 years. Wow.
I am cured. Well I do not need this website anymore, if my parents tell me I do not have bad breath I do not have it.
Btw I will shut down the site, why the ***k should we have a site like that if we are all halitophobic.
Better just order one huge package of "snake cure" from Rosie himself just in case. At least for morning breath. And give a oceanside a percentage for revealing the thruth to me - That I am a halitophobic!!
In one week there is going to be a store here with ROsie the monkey and Oceanside the Pokerino to sell Snake oil just in case for all you halitophobics.
p.s. SOmebody please remove the bandage floss from John eyes - He is ****ing blind!!
I am so happy, I just aksed my parents about bad breath and they say that I never had bad brath in my life. And I was thinking I had bad breath for 15 years. Wow.
I am cured. Well I do not need this website anymore, if my parents tell me I do not have bad breath I do not have it.
Btw I will shut down the site, why the ***k should we have a site like that if we are all halitophobic.
Better just order one huge package of "snake cure" from Rosie himself just in case. At least for morning breath. And give a oceanside a percentage for revealing the thruth to me - That I am a halitophobic!!
In one week there is going to be a store here with ROsie the monkey and Oceanside the Pokerino to sell Snake oil just in case for all you halitophobics.
p.s. SOmebody please remove the bandage floss from John eyes - He is ****ing blind!!
Yes I do agree with u on this one, I'm pretty sure that if I talked more openly about my bb problem, I won't be that embarrased about it anymore. But the thing is that nobody really takes me serious. I've tried to talk about it a few times, but they are like "woah big deal, everyone can suffer from bb sometimes." What they don't understand is that ours is like 10 times worse and we have it 24/7.And they don't speak the truth, because they say that I have halitophobia, but I can clearly see a reaction everytime when I say somethin to them. I mean really everytime, escpecially when I get really close to them. I know you can't always interpret reactions correctly, but still if they do it everytime, it's pretty much does have something to do with your bb. Most importantly people at school have talked about it too. Yea they were actually the first that said it to me. They said my breath was always bad, and I never brushed ny teeth and all that crap.oceanside wrote:My guess is that you will begin to feel an amazing sense of freedom as if you were released from your imprisonment and no longer ashamed of hiding. After all, the likihood is that people around you know you have bb. Now you just gotta deal with it couragously and openingly. Maybe you will find out that all these years your BB wasn't as bad as you had thought it was. But you will never know until you talk about it with someone you can trust and loves you to tell the truth.Busted wrote:I don't have halitophobia, but what I do have is that I can't focus on a conversation sometimes, because I'm too worried that the other person is goin to mind the bb.
JOHN
Busted,
I am sorry if I am interfering into your private life. This is my last suggestion than I will say no more.
Yes I do agree with u on this one, I'm pretty sure that if I talked more openly about my bb problem, I won't be that embarrased about it anymore. But the thing is that nobody really takes me serious. I've tried to talk about it a few times, but they are like "woah big deal, everyone can suffer from bb sometimes."
Ok, you had a conversation with your parents and they denied your chronic condition. That’s more than most members; you had spoken to your parents. Well, they said that, “everyone gets BB from time to time.” Ask them to rate your BB from 1-5. All you need to know is how bad it is from 1-5 because it’s impossible for you to figure out the intensity and what kind of odor is coming out from your mouth. All you need to know from them are these two simple things, how bad rating of 1-5 and what kind of odor they smell, than you will never mention another word to them again. Case closed.
Quietly ask your mother or father, whomever you feel dearest to most, or both of them. Once you take the courage to ask your mom or dad, or both of them than you will begin to feel more confident to ask other people. You need to know. That’s the bottom line. There are members on yahoo site that are in their 50’s and had never spoken a word about their problem to anyone. Sonotarik, who was cured by laser cyptolysis said that he never spoken a word about his halitosis to his wife. He had to lie to her when he underwent the laser procedure from Dr. Krespi in Manhattan.
I find that very hard to deal with not being able to talk to the most intimate person in his life; his wife whom he has children with, slept with, and share a life with. That’s how bad fear, shame, and embarrassment have a hold on us.
If you go through with this suggestion, than sharing your experience with the members, you will lead the way for many as a role model, courageously seeking the truth and doing something that 98% of the members desperately wants to do but just can’t because of fear.
I will say no more. Good luck, Busted.
JOHN
I am sorry if I am interfering into your private life. This is my last suggestion than I will say no more.
Yes I do agree with u on this one, I'm pretty sure that if I talked more openly about my bb problem, I won't be that embarrased about it anymore. But the thing is that nobody really takes me serious. I've tried to talk about it a few times, but they are like "woah big deal, everyone can suffer from bb sometimes."
Ok, you had a conversation with your parents and they denied your chronic condition. That’s more than most members; you had spoken to your parents. Well, they said that, “everyone gets BB from time to time.” Ask them to rate your BB from 1-5. All you need to know is how bad it is from 1-5 because it’s impossible for you to figure out the intensity and what kind of odor is coming out from your mouth. All you need to know from them are these two simple things, how bad rating of 1-5 and what kind of odor they smell, than you will never mention another word to them again. Case closed.
Quietly ask your mother or father, whomever you feel dearest to most, or both of them. Once you take the courage to ask your mom or dad, or both of them than you will begin to feel more confident to ask other people. You need to know. That’s the bottom line. There are members on yahoo site that are in their 50’s and had never spoken a word about their problem to anyone. Sonotarik, who was cured by laser cyptolysis said that he never spoken a word about his halitosis to his wife. He had to lie to her when he underwent the laser procedure from Dr. Krespi in Manhattan.
I find that very hard to deal with not being able to talk to the most intimate person in his life; his wife whom he has children with, slept with, and share a life with. That’s how bad fear, shame, and embarrassment have a hold on us.
If you go through with this suggestion, than sharing your experience with the members, you will lead the way for many as a role model, courageously seeking the truth and doing something that 98% of the members desperately wants to do but just can’t because of fear.
I will say no more. Good luck, Busted.
JOHN
Well actually, they see that I try to avoid conversations, and the try to help me by sayin that I don't have an bb, but when on school people are usally more honest and cruel, and they just tell you that you have bad breath in your face. So obviously lying to me isn't the answer. Another thing is that I think it's impossible to rate your own breath as there nothin to be compared with. Plus the fact that they already lied about me not havin any bb, there a big chance that they will probably say 1 just to give me some more confidence. But like I said the reactions I get, already tell me enough and what I need to know.
If I meet several people here and cannot smell any of their breaths, then I will assume their bad breath is in their heads.KC wrote:Thanatos, go to meet some people here irl, then you will know why we said we can't smell each other.
Its understandable that people won't believe sth which they never gone through. I'm sure when you tell somebody how you suffering from this illness, they will also can't believe how bb can totally destroy a person's life.
Every single person in and around my life that has a reputation for bad breath, I can smell. And their breaths smell bad. Never have I met someone who I've heard many people claim to have bad breath and not smelled the same stench myself.
I can understand if some in the group can't smell someones breath but some can definitely smell the stench. But what I recall is the NOBODY could smell ANYBODY'S breaths.
It just doesn't make any sense. I don't want to be insulting, but I am too curious as to how that is possible. I want some scientific explanations that would stand up to peer scrutiny. The way my mind works, it makes no sense at all
better stop any halitophobia thread. I've suffering from bb for 15 yrs. Talking about halitophobia, It just like putting salt on my wound. Of course I've told my parents and sister about it. Some of my clients, my niece and my sis told my breath stink VERBALLY. I've no interest to explain or hear anything about halitophobia again. And also no interest to discuss about what is the definition of halitophobia. If anybody need scientific facts, then ask those scientists to do it right away instead of inventing those useless mouthrinse to suck our money. That's their responsibility to find out what the hell's going on.
i've only recently discovered my bad breath.. perhaps in the last 4 or 5 months..
heck, maybe it's only developed in highschool, just 4 or so years ago..
Anyway, I do believe I have bad breath.. I've got all the classic symptoms, post nasal drip, hairy tongue, smelly saliva (tongue brush keeps this away), allergies, constant stuffy nose, had a lot of colds as a kid, tonsil crypts and stones.. etc..
But do admit severe paranoia about it.. I mean, how can you act like you don't care that some stinky shit is coming out of your mouth and going into other's faces??
And i swear, even when I think my breath is okay, people are always touching their noses! WHy do they do this? Is this normal? Do people usually touch their noses while listening??? Sometimes even just after brushing my teeth! I don't understand!! This bad breath thing has made me ridiculously question all kinds of situations and minute details
I don't think I touch my nose like that.. do normal people do this?? Haha seriously.. I HATE THIS!!
Why are there tictacs in my easter basket?? A container of gum that goes in your car??.. Do badbreathless people get these kinds of gifts??
AAARGGH!!](./images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif)
heck, maybe it's only developed in highschool, just 4 or so years ago..
Anyway, I do believe I have bad breath.. I've got all the classic symptoms, post nasal drip, hairy tongue, smelly saliva (tongue brush keeps this away), allergies, constant stuffy nose, had a lot of colds as a kid, tonsil crypts and stones.. etc..
But do admit severe paranoia about it.. I mean, how can you act like you don't care that some stinky shit is coming out of your mouth and going into other's faces??
And i swear, even when I think my breath is okay, people are always touching their noses! WHy do they do this? Is this normal? Do people usually touch their noses while listening??? Sometimes even just after brushing my teeth! I don't understand!! This bad breath thing has made me ridiculously question all kinds of situations and minute details
I don't think I touch my nose like that.. do normal people do this?? Haha seriously.. I HATE THIS!!
Why are there tictacs in my easter basket?? A container of gum that goes in your car??.. Do badbreathless people get these kinds of gifts??
AAARGGH!!
Yea that's what I mean, I get those reactions too everytime. I'd be lying to myself if I told myself that they touched their noses for other reasons than my bb.mike987 wrote:i've only recently discovered my bad breath.. perhaps in the last 4 or 5 months..
heck, maybe it's only developed in highschool, just 4 or so years ago..
Anyway, I do believe I have bad breath.. I've got all the classic symptoms, post nasal drip, hairy tongue, smelly saliva (tongue brush keeps this away), allergies, constant stuffy nose, had a lot of colds as a kid, tonsil crypts and stones.. etc..
But do admit severe paranoia about it.. I mean, how can you act like you don't care that some stinky shit is coming out of your mouth and going into other's faces??
And i swear, even when I think my breath is okay, people are always touching their noses! WHy do they do this? Is this normal? Do people usually touch their noses while listening??? Sometimes even just after brushing my teeth! I don't understand!! This bad breath thing has made me ridiculously question all kinds of situations and minute details
I don't think I touch my nose like that.. do normal people do this?? Haha seriously.. I HATE THIS!!
Why are there tictacs in my easter basket?? A container of gum that goes in your car??.. Do badbreathless people get these kinds of gifts??
AAARGGH!!
I can confirm that - I had 3 teachers with catastrophic BB, what I think can possibly be tmau or something like that, and I could smell them all, very much. I for myself think that I got tmau as well and working on an official confirmation. So I really wonder why ppl cant smell each others at all...thanatos wrote:If I meet several people here and cannot smell any of their breaths, then I will assume their bad breath is in their heads.KC wrote:Thanatos, go to meet some people here irl, then you will know why we said we can't smell each other.
Its understandable that people won't believe sth which they never gone through. I'm sure when you tell somebody how you suffering from this illness, they will also can't believe how bb can totally destroy a person's life.
Every single person in and around my life that has a reputation for bad breath, I can smell. And their breaths smell bad. Never have I met someone who I've heard many people claim to have bad breath and not smelled the same stench myself.
I can understand if some in the group can't smell someones breath but some can definitely smell the stench. But what I recall is the NOBODY could smell ANYBODY'S breaths.
It just doesn't make any sense. I don't want to be insulting, but I am too curious as to how that is possible. I want some scientific explanations that would stand up to peer scrutiny. The way my mind works, it makes no sense at all
i think i have halitophobia and bb
i think i have both... halitophobia and bb.
1) everyone that has tested me tells me that i don't have bb. these are even times i'm sure it's gross. white tongue + failed lick test
2) anytime i get the courage to ask someone close to me about the times i think they've smell my bb based on their reactions, they honestly said no it wasn't and didn't understand why i'd think that.
3) the times people have told me my breath smelled were when i didn't brush my teeth or i wasn't on a bb regimine.
so i think that i my bb either is managed or possible non-existent after cleaning. i don't think i'll ever have the courage to "talk out loud" again or get in someone's face. after 9 years suffering, i don't have that kind of strength.
my bottom line: if you think someone is reacting to your bb, please find the courage (and trust i know it's scary as hell) to ask that person if your breath was bad and to be honest. you'll be surprised. also don't talk out loud if your breath isn't controlled. it's not going to help anyone.
1) everyone that has tested me tells me that i don't have bb. these are even times i'm sure it's gross. white tongue + failed lick test
2) anytime i get the courage to ask someone close to me about the times i think they've smell my bb based on their reactions, they honestly said no it wasn't and didn't understand why i'd think that.
3) the times people have told me my breath smelled were when i didn't brush my teeth or i wasn't on a bb regimine.
so i think that i my bb either is managed or possible non-existent after cleaning. i don't think i'll ever have the courage to "talk out loud" again or get in someone's face. after 9 years suffering, i don't have that kind of strength.
my bottom line: if you think someone is reacting to your bb, please find the courage (and trust i know it's scary as hell) to ask that person if your breath was bad and to be honest. you'll be surprised. also don't talk out loud if your breath isn't controlled. it's not going to help anyone.
It doesn't work like that man. Even if you did ask them to be honest, there is a big chance that they will not be, because they don't want to hurt your feelings. I have asked three persons too if I had bad breath or not. One after the other. The first person is someone who's really honest and can be cruel at times. He's the one who usually tells me I have bb without me asking. The other two are ones who always try to be nice and hate to hurt someone's feeling. Guess what, the first one was immediately like "yea you do have it." Second one said I didn't have it, although I could see the reactions on his face. Third one said I did have it too, but that it wasn't that bad. I think the third person is aware of the fact that it is a big problem for me and it is destroying my life. So she was trying to be honest, but at the same time wanted to give me more confidence. There were only three or five minutes between each person when I asked. So I'm pretty sure the second person wasn't bein honest, but he thought he was helpin me or maybe didn't want to make me feel embarrased, so I don't blame him.
If everyone you talk to has some kind of reaction e.g. touching their nose. You should pay attention to another person talking to him/her. It could be a habit for the person to touch his/her nose. But in most cases, it's your bb. I could lie to myself and say it hasn't anything to do with it, but I don't think it's really goin to help much.
If you're certain that you do not have chronic bad breath. I'd suggest you stop torturing yourself with the thoughts. I would never have even worried about it, if my friends didn't start talkin to me about it one day. I remember my behaviour changin slowly day by day.
If everyone you talk to has some kind of reaction e.g. touching their nose. You should pay attention to another person talking to him/her. It could be a habit for the person to touch his/her nose. But in most cases, it's your bb. I could lie to myself and say it hasn't anything to do with it, but I don't think it's really goin to help much.
If you're certain that you do not have chronic bad breath. I'd suggest you stop torturing yourself with the thoughts. I would never have even worried about it, if my friends didn't start talkin to me about it one day. I remember my behaviour changin slowly day by day.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.