Iv noticed that my tongue seems to be the culprit if my bad breath. Iv always vigorously brushed it ensuring all the white crap is removed but the bad breath would always return within the hour.
So I decided to just brush my teeth and leave my tongue completly, Sounds counterproductive I know.
Iv always kind of tested how bad my breath was by breathing out through my nose in a particular way but since avoiding cleaning my tongue the smell actually seems to have gone.
Could the white crap on your tongue actually contain more beneficial bacteria? Could brushing tongue stir up the bad bacteria? Could brushing tongue leave the tongue more susceptible to bad bacteria?
Please let me know your opinion.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Can brushing tongue give you bad breath?
Re: Can brushing tongue give you bad breath?
Don't all reply at once
Re: Can brushing tongue give you bad breath?
Its disgusting foodstuffs breaking down feeding bacteria. I cant imagine it having a positive effect.
However... you never know, I encurage experiments.
However... you never know, I encurage experiments.
Re: Can brushing tongue give you bad breath?
Yeah I guess your right.fog wrote:Its disgusting foodstuffs breaking down feeding bacteria. I cant imagine it having a positive effect.
However... you never know, I encurage experiments.
My tongue also has red scar like lines at the back. I think I just need to give it time to heal and then maybe get back to cleaning.
Re: Can brushing tongue give you bad breath?
Brushing your tongue just spreads the bacteria around. You need to scrape it off first and then you can brush it.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.