THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
Hi,
About a week ago my tongue started going black - I assumed it was from the hydrogen peroxide mouthwash and oral probiotics ive been taking. I stopped taking them but it didn't go away immediately. I got very drunk a couple of days after I first started noticing it and swapped saliva with alot of people (sharing drinks, kissed a girl also I noticed has bad breath but mild). It was worse the next day. I've cut out the mouthwash and probiotics since then and the colour has gone brown. Can anyone advise me of this. I've also been working in a smoking venue as a bartender recently which has been hurting my lungs and kidneys and i think this might be related. Please help.
Image:
https://imgur.com/a/hONv5
About a week ago my tongue started going black - I assumed it was from the hydrogen peroxide mouthwash and oral probiotics ive been taking. I stopped taking them but it didn't go away immediately. I got very drunk a couple of days after I first started noticing it and swapped saliva with alot of people (sharing drinks, kissed a girl also I noticed has bad breath but mild). It was worse the next day. I've cut out the mouthwash and probiotics since then and the colour has gone brown. Can anyone advise me of this. I've also been working in a smoking venue as a bartender recently which has been hurting my lungs and kidneys and i think this might be related. Please help.
Image:
https://imgur.com/a/hONv5
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
Does HP cause Brown discoloration?
You need a doctor mate, surely they cant ignore a tongue that turned brown
Something with the gut perhaps
You need a doctor mate, surely they cant ignore a tongue that turned brown
Something with the gut perhaps
Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
Thanks for the reply. I'll go to the doctor tomorrow.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
Didn't reply to you in full. HP can cause discolouration yes.
It's funny I don't have BB at the moment while this is going on. It's like I accidentally did an oral microbiome transplant: killed everything inside me with alcohol then introduced new species. I'm guessing good bacteria is at war with the anaerobes. Unfortunately I know who will win this fight in the end.
It's funny I don't have BB at the moment while this is going on. It's like I accidentally did an oral microbiome transplant: killed everything inside me with alcohol then introduced new species. I'm guessing good bacteria is at war with the anaerobes. Unfortunately I know who will win this fight in the end.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
Hey bro,the cause of the black tongue are:
-AIDS
-Sjogren's sindrome
-Aspergillus niger.
Hope this help,Regards.
-AIDS
-Sjogren's sindrome
-Aspergillus niger.
Hope this help,Regards.
Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
Got checked out by a doctor (a good one): he believes it's Oral Thrush.
I've been given anti-fungal cream for my tongue and digestive system in general. Anyone else here had oral thrush before? I don't know what caused it, K12, hydrogen peroxide, my big night out getting drunk and swapping saliva?
They've done two oral swabs on me. I'll have the results in a few days for one of them, just basic fungal test. And the second one I'll have results in four weeks, they did a test on me i've been wanting to do my whole life - an oral microbiome general bacteria test - will be good to see whats actually on my tongue. I plan on doing it again after the thrush goes and then getting back on track with my bad breath mission.
Thanks for replies Fog and Mercedes.
I've been given anti-fungal cream for my tongue and digestive system in general. Anyone else here had oral thrush before? I don't know what caused it, K12, hydrogen peroxide, my big night out getting drunk and swapping saliva?
They've done two oral swabs on me. I'll have the results in a few days for one of them, just basic fungal test. And the second one I'll have results in four weeks, they did a test on me i've been wanting to do my whole life - an oral microbiome general bacteria test - will be good to see whats actually on my tongue. I plan on doing it again after the thrush goes and then getting back on track with my bad breath mission.
Thanks for replies Fog and Mercedes.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
Bad breath has returned also. Different kind of smell though.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
Probably the hydrogen peroxide imo. A couple of years ago a abused chlorhexidine digluconate every day for a couple of weeks, and my tongue turned black. It went away eventually.gotshot26 wrote:Got checked out by a doctor (a good one): he believes it's Oral Thrush.
I've been given anti-fungal cream for my tongue and digestive system in general. Anyone else here had oral thrush before? I don't know what caused it, K12, hydrogen peroxide, my big night out getting drunk and swapping saliva?
Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
What anti fungal did they give you for your digestive system?gotshot26 wrote:Got checked out by a doctor (a good one): he believes it's Oral Thrush.
I've been given anti-fungal cream for my tongue and digestive system in general. Anyone else here had oral thrush before? I don't know what caused it, K12, hydrogen peroxide, my big night out getting drunk and swapping saliva?
They've done two oral swabs on me. I'll have the results in a few days for one of them, just basic fungal test. And the second one I'll have results in four weeks, they did a test on me i've been wanting to do my whole life - an oral microbiome general bacteria test - will be good to see whats actually on my tongue. I plan on doing it again after the thrush goes and then getting back on track with my bad breath mission.
Thanks for replies Fog and Mercedes.
Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
Hey man just interested, has your tongue returned to its normal colour or is it still dark?
Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
Just some over the counter australian brand. It's called Daktarin oral gel.winter wrote:What anti fungal did they give you for your digestive system?gotshot26 wrote:Got checked out by a doctor (a good one): he believes it's Oral Thrush.
I've been given anti-fungal cream for my tongue and digestive system in general. Anyone else here had oral thrush before? I don't know what caused it, K12, hydrogen peroxide, my big night out getting drunk and swapping saliva?
They've done two oral swabs on me. I'll have the results in a few days for one of them, just basic fungal test. And the second one I'll have results in four weeks, they did a test on me i've been wanting to do my whole life - an oral microbiome general bacteria test - will be good to see whats actually on my tongue. I plan on doing it again after the thrush goes and then getting back on track with my bad breath mission.
Thanks for replies Fog and Mercedes.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
Tongue hasn't returned to its normal colour yet. It's still brown/light brown. I'm guessing will be with me for a couple of weeks.Geoffrey wrote:Hey man just interested, has your tongue returned to its normal colour or is it still dark?
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
Gel? So it's for your mouth, not taken internally?gotshot26 wrote:Just some over the counter australian brand. It's called Daktarin oral gel.winter wrote:What anti fungal did they give you for your digestive system?gotshot26 wrote:Got checked out by a doctor (a good one): he believes it's Oral Thrush.
I've been given anti-fungal cream for my tongue and digestive system in general. Anyone else here had oral thrush before? I don't know what caused it, K12, hydrogen peroxide, my big night out getting drunk and swapping saliva?
They've done two oral swabs on me. I'll have the results in a few days for one of them, just basic fungal test. And the second one I'll have results in four weeks, they did a test on me i've been wanting to do my whole life - an oral microbiome general bacteria test - will be good to see whats actually on my tongue. I plan on doing it again after the thrush goes and then getting back on track with my bad breath mission.
Thanks for replies Fog and Mercedes.
Docs didn't want to give me a candida test. They said fungal infection will have white spots. They don't see any in my mouth and endoscopies.
Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
You also have a Black tongue ? Btw do a private one there nobody ask you nothing just Pay and do
Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help
You put it in your mouth, hold for as long as you can, then swallow. So yes, Internally.winter wrote:Gel? So it's for your mouth, not taken internally?gotshot26 wrote:Just some over the counter australian brand. It's called Daktarin oral gel.winter wrote:
What anti fungal did they give you for your digestive system?
Docs didn't want to give me a candida test. They said fungal infection will have white spots. They don't see any in my mouth and endoscopies.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.