I never had any symptoms except for tonsil stones. When I went in for my consultation the ent said there was a smell.lolla123 wrote:Congratulations! So glad you have found your solution and you can now live freely without having this horrible problem at the back of your mind, can I ask you if you had any symptoms? Did your tonsils hurt? Did you ever suffer from tonsillitis? Did your tonsils have a bad smell to them that told the docs they were infected?21yearsofsuffering wrote:Hello everyone
This is my update 5 weeks post tonsillectomy and adenoid removal. My breath is still fresh. I currently chew gum maybe once every two days for extra freshness (I used to have 3 pieces of gum at a time when desperate). After suffering for so long I think I have developed halitophobia. I check my breath every chance I get,every second and every moment. I still feel uncomfortable talking real close to people and in small closed spaces. My colleagues were the most sensitive to my BB as I explained they used to back away or cover their noses whenever I spoke but so far no reactions.
Another habit I formed was to eat food with gum in my mouth, I would push the gum back into my upper gums and I would eat my food and after go back to chewing my gum again. I don't do that anymore and it feels good to chew my food without any secret gum lodged in my gums
Feel like I am rebuilding my life at this point after 21 years of suffering. My BB consumed my life! right now I just have more time to plan and enjoy my life, I can think more clearly. I have a holiday coming up with a friend of mine and I am not dreading it or the airplane we have to take there. I have lost about 7lbs since I removed my tonsils. This is largely due to the fact that i would eat to cover the BB. I have since discovered that my appetite is pretty low as I don't have the need to constantly be chewing on things to keep fresh.
I still have the fresh feeling in my mouth, white tongue in morning but after scraping it stays pink all day, less plaque on my teeth and less of that thick layer that used to cover my teeth late in the day.
Right now in the morning I brush, floss, scrape tongue and use oral salts and repeat same procedure at night before bed.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
21 Years of Suffering-Tonsilectomy
-
21yearsofsuffering
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 8:59 am
- Gender:
Re: 21 Years of Suffering-Tonsilectomy
-
21yearsofsuffering
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 8:59 am
- Gender:
Re: 21 Years of Suffering-Tonsilectomy
I'm not sure how it works but my tongue was always white even after brushing and scraping. The back of my tongue smelled really bad the same smell of the tonsil stones. I would scrape the back and smell the residue it was horrible.gotshot26 wrote:Fantastic post - great work for finding your cure. Quick question - how do tonsils affect the coating on your tongue? I can't in anyway see how they could be related. What happened with your fatigue and constipation?
My fatigue is gone, The ENT said that if your tonsils are infected your body has to constantly fight off the infection and this causes fatigue. I was always tired, the kind of tired that even coffee or a redbull cannot reduce. Now I feel much better and not so drained all the time.
Constipation is still there I use Normacol powder to keep things moving.
-
Geniusisinthejail
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:58 pm
- Gender:
Re: 21 Years of Suffering-Tonsilectomy
Did you also had nasal bb?
Re: 21 Years of Suffering-Tonsilectomy
Congrats. Good luck with your new life.21yearsofsuffering wrote:I'm not sure how it works but my tongue was always white even after brushing and scraping. The back of my tongue smelled really bad the same smell of the tonsil stones. I would scrape the back and smell the residue it was horrible.gotshot26 wrote:Fantastic post - great work for finding your cure. Quick question - how do tonsils affect the coating on your tongue? I can't in anyway see how they could be related. What happened with your fatigue and constipation?
My fatigue is gone, The ENT said that if your tonsils are infected your body has to constantly fight off the infection and this causes fatigue. I was always tired, the kind of tired that even coffee or a redbull cannot reduce. Now I feel much better and not so drained all the time.
Constipation is still there I use Normacol powder to keep things moving.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Re: 21 Years of Suffering-Tonsilectomy
Although you live on the other side of the world, our life stories are so friggin' similar. I'd hug you if I could.
For those interested, pls read my post.
For those interested, pls read my post.
Re: 21 Years of Suffering-Tonsilectomy
how is your condition now ? hopefully you are still on cured situation
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.