THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Adenoids question
-
HotelTrivago
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:20 pm
- Gender:
Adenoids question
Anyone cured Nasal and or mouth breath from an adenoidectomy? I got my tonsils removed and some B.B. went away but not all of it. The doctor told me my tonsils had a lot of stones deep in the crypts. I’m suspecting I still have them in my adenoids and it’s causing nasal/mouth B.B.
Re: Adenoids question
Had my tonsils and adenoids taken out about 8 months ago and unfortunately it did nothing to improve my bad breath.
Re: Adenoids question
You can rule out the adenoids by rubbing them with your finger and then smell it.
Re: Adenoids question
How can you reach your adenoids? I though they were way up towards the nose.Dead wrote:You can rule out the adenoids by rubbing them with your finger and then smell it.
Re: Adenoids question
A bit far yes, might be a bit hard the first time, but it's definitely reachable, have done it many times. Just behind the soft palate. Push your fingers to the back of the throat, palm facing upwards, then just slide one finger past the soft palate.BB--- wrote:How can you reach your adenoids? I though they were way up towards the nose.Dead wrote:You can rule out the adenoids by rubbing them with your finger and then smell it.
Re: Adenoids question
Thanks, I'll give it a shot later on, although after tonsillectomy the remaining smell seems to be coming from the far back of the tongue (lingual tonsils perhaps)Dead wrote:A bit far yes, might be a bit hard the first time, but it's definitely reachable, have done it many times. Just behind the soft palate. Push your fingers to the back of the throat, palm facing upwards, then just slide one finger past the soft palate.BB--- wrote:How can you reach your adenoids? I though they were way up towards the nose.Dead wrote:You can rule out the adenoids by rubbing them with your finger and then smell it.
-
nomorebadbreath
- Newbie
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:22 am
- Gender:
Re: Adenoids question
Go get your sinuses checked .
PND due to Sinusitis or Allergic Rhinitis is first culprit when you have bb even after tonsillectomy .
your tonsil stones may be because of PND . so cure it and see what will happen before taking your tonsils out !
PND due to Sinusitis or Allergic Rhinitis is first culprit when you have bb even after tonsillectomy .
your tonsil stones may be because of PND . so cure it and see what will happen before taking your tonsils out !
Re: Adenoids question
During the tonsillectomy (and septoplasty) I had my sinuses washed.nomorebadbreath wrote:Go get your sinuses checked .
PND due to Sinusitis or Allergic Rhinitis is first culprit when you have bb even after tonsillectomy .
your tonsil stones may be because of PND . so cure it and see what will happen before taking your tonsils out !
Anyways, since the surgery my bb has gone down a lot. I still need to thoroughly brush my tongue 2 or 3 times per day (any time I brush my teeth, basically) but my bb has gone down A LOT.
Re: Adenoids question
Thanks, this is super informative.
I also happen to have some spare doxy at home so I'll try it out.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.