Hello everyone,
so here is some of my symptoms / things I’ve tried before I discuss my hiatal hernia.
Symptoms
- Bad Breath (rotten egg, cheese-like smell)
- White tongue
- Feeling of something stuck in my throat
- Sore throat/ Ear Pain
- Tonsil Stones (seem to go away by keeping my sinuses clean)
- Colds have been very common for about a year now
-Swollen tastebuds
- Belching and bloating (although I believe I have gotten the bloating under control)
Things I have tried
- I follow a strict vegan diet
- Followed a strict candida diet for 6 months
- Oral probiotics, stomach probiotics, chlorophyll, digestive enzymes, antifungals like oregano oil
- Amoxicillin for tonsil stones
- Neil Med Sinus Rinse
- Flucanozole and nystatin for white tongue fungus
- H-Pylori treatment twice (Both stomach samples and stool test show I am H-Pylori negative now)
- Endoscopy showed no signs of any other ulcers, harmful bacteria or even GERD. (My only other option would be to test for LPR)
- Nasal Spray treatment for two weeks (still on going and so far I can breathe better but thats about it)
After an endoscopy follow up appt with my gastroenterologist, he discussed I have a very very very small hiatal hernia (he says it is little to nothing) but I can’t help but wonder if this might be the cause of my symptoms/bad breath!! Before we go further, he perscribed a high dosage of antiacids (80mg a day of Pantoprazole) for a month or two and see if that makes a difference. In a few months I would go back and try a PH monitor to measure my acid levels. Do any of you believe my hiatal hernia could be the culprit since it is apparently so “small”?
Any help is appreciated.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Could hiatal hernia be the culprit?
-
millionyearsago
- Newbie
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:14 pm
- Gender:
-
IAMFrustrated
- Junior
- Posts: 74
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:59 pm
- Gender:
Re: Could hiatal hernia be the culprit?
How long did you take Oregano oil and how many dropps per day?
In fact after 5 or 6 months of Candida diet & H. Pylori treatment I have now alot of bloating, gas and Bad breath come back but it is not as bad as I always had.
I want to star again a law carb diet with strong antifungals and I think oregano oil is the best becuase I did take 20 dropps per day only for 10 days.
In fact after 5 or 6 months of Candida diet & H. Pylori treatment I have now alot of bloating, gas and Bad breath come back but it is not as bad as I always had.
I want to star again a law carb diet with strong antifungals and I think oregano oil is the best becuase I did take 20 dropps per day only for 10 days.
Sinus surgery 2016 & 2017 (I have allergies at work place)
Tonsilactomy 2017
H. Pylori treatment
Candida diet 5 to 6 months
Tonsilactomy 2017
H. Pylori treatment
Candida diet 5 to 6 months
-
IAMFrustrated
- Junior
- Posts: 74
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:59 pm
- Gender:
Re: Could hiatal hernia be the culprit?
Does oral probiotics help BB?
Sinus surgery 2016 & 2017 (I have allergies at work place)
Tonsilactomy 2017
H. Pylori treatment
Candida diet 5 to 6 months
Tonsilactomy 2017
H. Pylori treatment
Candida diet 5 to 6 months
-
millionyearsago
- Newbie
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:14 pm
- Gender:
Re: Could hiatal hernia be the culprit?
personally oral probiotics did not help me but you can always try for yourself. I took oregano oil in form of pills - I started off with 1 and gradually increased it to about 4 a day.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.