THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Dry mouth - plz help
Dry mouth - plz help
Hi guys,
I had a visit to the ENT last week. Had a CT scan and my sinuses are clear..
ENT doctor stressed that i have a dry mouth.
And yeah i see the tongue getting worser after every meal, specially when i eat crispy items it gets much worser.
And also i feel the mouth getting sticky and stingy through the day which is also an imp symptom of dry mouth.
And iv been trying coconut oil pulling since a couple of months(even before the visit to ENT) which seems to be helping me a lot surprisingly ..my breath got almost 75% fresher.
Now if i co-relate, i wonder if coconut oil is actually nourishing my dry tongue and hence helping me.
Plz suggest some tips for treating dry tongue and which doctor deals with the dry tongue? My ENT doctor says, Dentists only deal with teeth and gums, and hence i was mislead by the dentists before
I had a visit to the ENT last week. Had a CT scan and my sinuses are clear..
ENT doctor stressed that i have a dry mouth.
And yeah i see the tongue getting worser after every meal, specially when i eat crispy items it gets much worser.
And also i feel the mouth getting sticky and stingy through the day which is also an imp symptom of dry mouth.
And iv been trying coconut oil pulling since a couple of months(even before the visit to ENT) which seems to be helping me a lot surprisingly ..my breath got almost 75% fresher.
Now if i co-relate, i wonder if coconut oil is actually nourishing my dry tongue and hence helping me.
Plz suggest some tips for treating dry tongue and which doctor deals with the dry tongue? My ENT doctor says, Dentists only deal with teeth and gums, and hence i was mislead by the dentists before
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Re: Dry mouth - plz help
I dont know about oil pulling but coconut WATER has helped me out with the dry mouth. You also have to reduce refined carbs significantly, no sugar ofcourse, and just eat very clean. Bad foods dehydrate your system.
But the biggest part is to take electrolytes and/or coconut water regularly
But the biggest part is to take electrolytes and/or coconut water regularly
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Re: Dry mouth - plz help
Hi stillHoping,StillHoping wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:16 am I dont know about oil pulling but coconut WATER has helped me out with the dry mouth. You also have to reduce refined carbs significantly, no sugar ofcourse, and just eat very clean. Bad foods dehydrate your system.
But the biggest part is to take electrolytes and/or coconut water regularly
Your description says 'diagnosed with inactive left salivary gland'. How is that diagnosed? And did a dentist diagnosed it?
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Re: Dry mouth - plz help
He was some type of orthodontist/oral medicine specialist; my dentist gave me a referral to go see him.
He took xrays and a physical exam of where the main glands are located to see if there were any issues or blockages. There weren't. Then he had me do some tests that basically measured how much saliva I produced. He said the left glands produced nothing and the right glands produced below normal average. That was how I got diagnosed. I was prescribed Pilocarpine, which was horrendous and made me sweat excessively = body odour.
Soo I stopped that and started doing my own research. This was when I found this video last year and followed her tips https://youtu.be/Dk5Y-Z1N7z0
But I am still dealing with GERD which is a major factor for my bb
He took xrays and a physical exam of where the main glands are located to see if there were any issues or blockages. There weren't. Then he had me do some tests that basically measured how much saliva I produced. He said the left glands produced nothing and the right glands produced below normal average. That was how I got diagnosed. I was prescribed Pilocarpine, which was horrendous and made me sweat excessively = body odour.
Soo I stopped that and started doing my own research. This was when I found this video last year and followed her tips https://youtu.be/Dk5Y-Z1N7z0
But I am still dealing with GERD which is a major factor for my bb
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Re: Dry mouth - plz help
*ohh I also had to take a blood test, soo they could rule out other issues. Cuz chronic dry mouth can sometimes be from Sjogren syndrome or some type of infection
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Re: Dry mouth - plz help
Cool.thats helps a lot!!
I have no medical complaints at all.
I feel a little PND some times and so had got a surgery for deviated septum last week hoping it might cure the BB.
Currently on antibiotics so my breath and tongue are normal now.
I have no medical complaints at all.
I feel a little PND some times and so had got a surgery for deviated septum last week hoping it might cure the BB.
Currently on antibiotics so my breath and tongue are normal now.
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
Re: Dry mouth - plz help
Both PND and dry mouth can be symptoms of acid reflux, specifically lpr
Re: Dry mouth - plz help
How to solve bad breath from lpr? I have tried gerd medicines and diet. They help me with other lpr symptoms. BB gets worse with some non-gerd-friendly food. But I can't eliminate it even with strict diet and med.jo317 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:46 am Both PND and dry mouth can be symptoms of acid reflux, specifically lpr
And has anyone tried to see the doctors in this documentary: https://youtu.be/qIH87NOKrzw?
Or contact some people who claim to be able to smell different types of bacteria? https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinter ... se/eh58415
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.