Hello everyone,
I recently had a tonsillectomy (17 days ago to be exact), I went through the two-week recovery and right after I noticed I had a cleaner/pinker tongue with no smell whenever I did a wrist test. I begin to think that it was my cure but turns out, it was not! Yesterday I had junk food and shortly after, my tongue went back to its white coating and my breath once again smells like sulfur. This was really discouraging and almost felt like I hit a wall with a dead end.
Now I don't know if I should seek help from a gastroenterologist or an ENT and I am back to square one.
Things I've tried:
-Candida Diet
-HPylori treatment - few tests after have shown I am negative
- Still follow a vegan diet (whole foods for the most part)
- Nasal Rinse
- probiotics, oral probiotics
ETC
I've been tested for quite literally everything, according to my gastroenterologist I have no LPR/GERD after 24 ph monitoring, endoscopy, manometry, barium swallow, ultrasound, etc.
I used to get bad bloating and I have gotten it under control after I was prescribed anti depressants, turns out it was just a nervous stomach.
If anyone could help and give me advice please! I feel so helpless and lost, I can't concentrate in my life without taking care of this problem. It is quite literally eating me alive.
Also, does anyone think it might be SIBO or IBS?
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Post-Tonsillectomy (Need Advice please!)
-
millionyearsago
- Newbie
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:14 pm
- Gender:
Re: Post-Tonsillectomy (Need Advice please!)
My issue seems to be dry mouth..
Its the same white tongue coat with no other health issue ..specially when u eat junk or crispy foods..it makes it even more drier..
I produce enough saliva..never had cracked lips..its just d tongue..
Atleast if u feel that sticky and stingy feel in your mouth, then its def dry mouth.
May b try this:
1. No deep fried food, crispy foods
2. Reduce refined carbs intake
3. Brush n scrape twice a day
4. Coconut Oil pulling after morning brushing..also deep gargle with oil till the back of the throat.
Oil pulling seems to be helping me a lot with this condition..Do it daily..the tongue isnt getting dried now..and even the brushing process has become easier..
Im a long time sufferer n never experienced this freshness before..still coming in terms with it .
Its the same white tongue coat with no other health issue ..specially when u eat junk or crispy foods..it makes it even more drier..
I produce enough saliva..never had cracked lips..its just d tongue..
Atleast if u feel that sticky and stingy feel in your mouth, then its def dry mouth.
May b try this:
1. No deep fried food, crispy foods
2. Reduce refined carbs intake
3. Brush n scrape twice a day
4. Coconut Oil pulling after morning brushing..also deep gargle with oil till the back of the throat.
Oil pulling seems to be helping me a lot with this condition..Do it daily..the tongue isnt getting dried now..and even the brushing process has become easier..
Im a long time sufferer n never experienced this freshness before..still coming in terms with it .
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
-
millionyearsago
- Newbie
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:14 pm
- Gender:
Re: Post-Tonsillectomy (Need Advice please!)
Hi! Thank you for your reply.
I’ve tried oil pulling before it wasn’t really much help. Diet wise I do pretty much all of those things, I do eat fried foods/refined carbs maybe once a week? But that is it.
I am starting to think it might be allergies/pnd/sinus maybe? A few days ago I discovered I am a mouth breather
I’ve tried oil pulling before it wasn’t really much help. Diet wise I do pretty much all of those things, I do eat fried foods/refined carbs maybe once a week? But that is it.
I am starting to think it might be allergies/pnd/sinus maybe? A few days ago I discovered I am a mouth breather
-
millionyearsago
- Newbie
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:14 pm
- Gender:
Re: Post-Tonsillectomy (Need Advice please!)
millionyearsago wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:24 pm Hi! Thank you for your reply.
I’ve tried oil pulling before it wasn’t really much help. Diet wise I do pretty much all of those things, I do eat fried foods/refined carbs maybe once a week? But that is it.
I am starting to think it might be allergies/pnd/sinus maybe? A few days ago I discovered I am a mouth breather when I sleep
Re: Post-Tonsillectomy (Need Advice please!)
Were ur sinuses/pnd tested by ENT when u had tonsilloctomy.millionyearsago wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:24 pm Hi! Thank you for your reply.
I’ve tried oil pulling before it wasn’t really much help. Diet wise I do pretty much all of those things, I do eat fried foods/refined carbs maybe once a week? But that is it.
I am starting to think it might be allergies/pnd/sinus maybe? A few days ago I discovered I am a mouth breather
Yeah mouth breathing is not a good thing..specially needs to be taken care during sleep.
Some times its really annoying because most of the time we struggle to find the root cause
Any ways, i guess only areas in mouth that causes BB are
1. Teeth
2. Gums
3. Tongue
4. Back of tongue
5. Tonsils..
Tongue/ back of tongue gives u BB incase of dry mouth..or any salivary gland probs..your tongue shows it easily in this case..
Only if we r very sure all the above are very good, lets step into non oral causes
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
- terranpatriot
- Advanced
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:19 am
- Location: East Coast, USA
Re: Post-Tonsillectomy (Need Advice please!)
Hey millionyearsago, could you share some details around your tonsillectomy procedure? Did it involve the removal of just the palatine tonsils (the ones on the sides of your mouth/throat), or the lingual tonsils (the ones that sit on the base of your tongue that likely accumulate mucus secretion)? From what I've found through research, the lingual tonsils are the ones that are more likely to relate to BB. I'm scheduled for an appointment with an ENT this coming Friday to explore the removal of my lingual tonsils, palatine tonsils, and my adenoids, in one fell swoop. I believe the cause of BB for many of us could possibly be more so related to structural/anatomical issues in the mouth/nose/throat area than it is to systemic or endocrinological issues in our body.millionyearsago wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:20 am Hello everyone,
I recently had a tonsillectomy (17 days ago to be exact), I went through the two-week recovery and right after I noticed I had a cleaner/pinker tongue with no smell whenever I did a wrist test. I begin to think that it was my cure but turns out, it was not! Yesterday I had junk food and shortly after, my tongue went back to its white coating and my breath once again smells like sulfur. This was really discouraging and almost felt like I hit a wall with a dead end.
Now I don't know if I should seek help from a gastroenterologist or an ENT and I am back to square one.
Things I've tried:
-Candida Diet
-HPylori treatment - few tests after have shown I am negative
- Still follow a vegan diet (whole foods for the most part)
- Nasal Rinse
- probiotics, oral probiotics
ETC
I've been tested for quite literally everything, according to my gastroenterologist I have no LPR/GERD after 24 ph monitoring, endoscopy, manometry, barium swallow, ultrasound, etc.
I used to get bad bloating and I have gotten it under control after I was prescribed anti depressants, turns out it was just a nervous stomach.
If anyone could help and give me advice please! I feel so helpless and lost, I can't concentrate in my life without taking care of this problem. It is quite literally eating me alive.
Also, does anyone think it might be SIBO or IBS?
Re: Post-Tonsillectomy (Need Advice please!)
What did you eat after the surgery that didn't seem to cause any problems?
What was it that you ate that made it all come back?
What was it that you ate that made it all come back?
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.