THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
The cause of my bad breath has been determined to be an open pyloric sphincter, which is supposed to close after sending food down to the small intestine. But it remains permanently open. As a result of that, all the chemical reactions that take place in the small intestine smells out. How do I get to close it back?
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
Re: OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
Hi uxman, how did you find this out? What test did you have to take?
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Re: OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
EndoscopyStillHoping wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:23 pm Hi uxman, how did you find this out? What test did you have to take?
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
Re: OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
but people with reflux have the same thing? Or not? the food comes up all the time....
do you have a sinking filling on your stomach?
food from stomach shoul not smell....it is just acid and food and then it goes further down the tract......
do you have a sinking filling on your stomach?
food from stomach shoul not smell....it is just acid and food and then it goes further down the tract......
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Re: OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
The small intestine is the place where the major digestion takes place. The pyloric sphincter is the connection between the stomach and small intestine. Normally the spinchter is always closed and only opens when there is food in the stomach. But my sphincter doesn't close at all. The gastric juice and bacteria action on food in the small intestine smells in everybody, but because mine never closes, I have some foul smelly gases coming up, its just like I am farting through my breath. About the sinking feeling, I also noticed when I take liquids, it doesn't stay in my stomach. I have a feeling of it going to the lower stomach. Reflux is a faulty oesophageal sphincter. Mine is the pyloric sphincter.Jimi Stein wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:12 pm but people with reflux have the same thing? Or not? the food comes up all the time....
do you have a sinking filling on your stomach?
food from stomach shoul not smell....it is just acid and food and then it goes further down the tract......
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
Re: OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
oh I thought your top sphincter was leaking.....well that is something new....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Re: OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
Very interesting, do you still have BB while/after eating?
Re: OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
my bad breath is 24hours daily, it only gets worse after eating smelly foods like cabbage and the likes.Memyselfi wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:53 am Very interesting, do you still have BB while/after eating?
Re: OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
I also wondered if other people have hard time while eating / after eating the meal outside or with other people.
Because, for me, I think this is the most uncomfortable time. Do you guys think it is related to the issue you talking about?
Because, for me, I think this is the most uncomfortable time. Do you guys think it is related to the issue you talking about?
Re: OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
Upper GI? Include colonoscopy? Was this the first time you did an endoscopy?uxman wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:21 amEndoscopyStillHoping wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:23 pm Hi uxman, how did you find this out? What test did you have to take?
If the sphincter above the stomach is working, how does smell leak out? What is the doctor's advice to solve this?
Re: OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
My sphincter above and below the stomach are open but the one below is causing the smell. I have had two endoscopies. They say I don't need a colonoscopy.winter wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:14 pmUpper GI? Include colonoscopy? Was this the first time you did an endoscopy?uxman wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:21 amEndoscopyStillHoping wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:23 pm Hi uxman, how did you find this out? What test did you have to take?
If the sphincter above the stomach is working, how does smell leak out? What is the doctor's advice to solve this?
Re: OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
The first endoscopy was also for BB? Any problem detected in that scope?uxman wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:28 pm My sphincter above and below the stomach are open but the one below is causing the smell. I have had two endoscopies. They say I don't need a colonoscopy.
Re: OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
A little ulcer which has healed before the second endoscopy, gastritis and small sign of gerdwinter wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:38 pmThe first endoscopy was also for BB? Any problem detected in that scope?uxman wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:28 pm My sphincter above and below the stomach are open but the one below is causing the smell. I have had two endoscopies. They say I don't need a colonoscopy.
Re: OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER
I have been suspecting this is my issue as well. Does anything make your odor increase? For example, I emit an odor when I have an alcoholic drink, drink apple cider vinegar or eat something like beans or ice cream. It’s been described as smelling like sewage or rotten eggs (I cannot smell it). I’m pretty sure I have bad breath all the time, but when I have the items I mentioned above (in addition to other things), my odor is room filling (and I’ll get asked if I farted).
Did the doctor give you any advice on how to heal the pyloric sphincter??
Did the doctor give you any advice on how to heal the pyloric sphincter??
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.