I mean without someone else carefully helps smell your bad breath apart from your body odor there's just no way to tell, self-diagnose is next to impossible; I've met many normal people whose breath smelled worse than mine when talking close, and many posters on this site had someone confirm that their breath didn't smell at all
I see people in my country (and worldwide) complain about Indians being unbearably smelly, they would just assume the smell is from body odor not bad breath
Maybe I've been fighting the wrong fight
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
How do you know it's your bad breath and not body odor?
Re: How do you know it's your bad breath and not body odor?
that right there is where i am grounded for soo long. bad breath or body odor or both, not even a close friend has admitted either. standard response " i cant smell anything " while busy rubbing there noses made me stop asking.
Re: How do you know it's your bad breath and not body odor?
Saliva test is one of the easy ways.harvestor wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:23 am I mean without someone else carefully helps smell your bad breath apart from your body odor there's just no way to tell, self-diagnose is next to impossible; I've met many normal people whose breath smelled worse than mine when talking close, and many posters on this site had someone confirm that their breath didn't smell at all
I see people in my country (and worldwide) complain about Indians being unbearably smelly, they would just assume the smell is from body odor not bad breath
Maybe I've been fighting the wrong fight
Take your finger all the way to back of the tongue (near the throat) and very gently scrape the surface with your finger nail to pick a sample of your saliva.
Let it dry on your finger and then smell it. VIOLA !!!
Re: How do you know it's your bad breath and not body odor?
As I've mentioned here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7470, the test is not reliable, at least in my caseKL123 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:19 pm Saliva test is one of the easy ways.
Take your finger all the way to back of the tongue (near the throat) and very gently scrape the surface with your finger nail to pick a sample of your saliva.
Let it dry on your finger and then smell it. VIOLA !!!
There are many whose saliva smell worse than mine
Re: How do you know it's your bad breath and not body odor?
@harvestor, without self diagnosis we are stuck, people are the most unreliable option
-
optimismishere
- Junior
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
- Gender:
Re: How do you know it's your bad breath and not body odor?
A comment unrelated to this post here. How do I write a new post? I'm just not finding the place to start a new thread. I have something to share here.
Re: How do you know it's your bad breath and not body odor?
So when you scroll up on the main forum page and select a category and look on the top left, and BOOM!!!!!. There is a button there.optimismishere wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:45 pm A comment unrelated to this post here. How do I write a new post? I'm just not finding the place to start a new thread. I have something to share here.

Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.