Your Email Address:

First Name:

Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mauricio
Advanced
Re: Gene mutation causes chronic bad breath

Post by mauricio »

micca4455 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:18 pm
KL123 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:10 pm I think there is testing done for this at Redboud unversity but you need a referral from a doctor.
So I guess, first you need to work with a physician in Netherlands who may be attached to this study and then see him so that he can collect samples and refer it to Redboud.

https://nl.surveymonkey.com/r/SJWJLJB
Iam from Philippines.
I think i have this gene mutation also. I think we can email them about these problem.
Before sending them 1,000 emails, they ask for proof of extra-oral bb by a certified clinic.

bb free)
micca4455
Junior

Post by micca4455 »

mauricio wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:53 am
micca4455 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:18 pm
KL123 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:10 pm I think there is testing done for this at Redboud unversity but you need a referral from a doctor.
So I guess, first you need to work with a physician in Netherlands who may be attached to this study and then see him so that he can collect samples and refer it to Redboud.

https://nl.surveymonkey.com/r/SJWJLJB
Iam from Philippines.
I think i have this gene mutation also. I think we can email them about these problem.
Before sending them 1,000 emails, they ask for proof of extra-oral bb by a certified clinic.
I don't know if there is a clinic here in the Philippines who give certificate for that. And i dont know wat test or laboratory where i can have test. Any suggestions pls?
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

Can't help with that, you can either take advantage of a vacation to Europe for all this stuff or research about it in your language so there's a higher chance you might find a place that can test you for that. Thing is I'm not even sure any clinic would do, I don't think they'll test me for SELENBP1 if I send them a note by Dr Murat for example, I've been directed to a clinic that works directly with the university professors who've done that research.
bb free)
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

mauricio wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:10 am Can't help with that, you can either take advantage of a vacation to Europe for all this stuff or research about it in your language so there's a higher chance you might find a place that can test you for that. Thing is I'm not even sure any clinic would do, I don't think they'll test me for SELENBP1 if I send them a note by Dr Murat for example, I've been directed to a clinic that works directly with the university professors who've done that research.
Yes, that's logical that they will accept a referral only from an active physician from their own country to abide by the laws, rules and regulations.
May be I can look into visiting the clinic. Do you have the clinic's contact info?
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

The link to the clinic website is the previous page.
KL123 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:56 pm
Yes, that's logical that they will accept a referral only from an active physician from their own country to abide by the laws, rules and regulations.
May be I can look into visiting the clinic. Do you have the clinic's contact info?
I'm pretty positive there's no law that would prevent them to run a SELENBP1 test on someone who's no extra-oral cause medical note. Maybe they are not charging much for that and so they want to make sure only people who really have extral-oral causes will undergo that test.
bb free)
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

mauricio wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:10 am Can't help with that, you can either take advantage of a vacation to Europe for all this stuff or research about it in your language so there's a higher chance you might find a place that can test you for that. Thing is I'm not even sure any clinic would do, I don't think they'll test me for SELENBP1 if I send them a note by Dr Murat for example, I've been directed to a clinic that works directly with the university professors who've done that research.
What is a certified clinic? Only the clinic they directed you to? Or any registered clinic in their country?
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

winter wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:45 pm
What is a certified clinic? Only the clinic they directed you to? Or any registered clinic in their country?
Only the clinic that they directed you to.
If know the clinic info, I can contact them and put it in my schedule in 2020 to visit Holland and visit the clinic to get the testing done.
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

KL123 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:56 am
If know the clinic info, I can contact them and put it in my schedule in 2020 to visit Holland and visit the clinic to get the testing done.
Sorry I thought I had linked it before, here's the link: https://www.kvpa.nl/
I'm yet to receive a reply to my message tbh, I'll email them once again in a few days as it's likely they were on a break for Xmas/NYE.
bb free)
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

mauricio wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:13 am
KL123 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:56 am
Sorry I thought I had linked it before, here's the link: https://www.kvpa.nl/
I'm yet to receive a reply to my message tbh, I'll email them once again in a few days as it's likely they were on a break for Xmas/NYE.
Thanks.
Email sent to them. I will give them a call in a day or two if they didn't reply.
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

thanks, keep us posted.
bb free)
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

This is a reply I got from one of the researchers that worked at the paper:
If you have extra-oral halitosis caused by the genetic defect that we have detected it could be possible to analyse that specific part of your DNA. I suggest that you contact Prof. Dr. xxxxx and ask him about possibilities. In addition, if the genetic defect is the reason there will be no cure available at the moment since this would need a modification of your DNA which is not possible. However, one of the things you could try to reduce the problem is adapting your diet (may be this worked out for your mother). We think that the amino acid methionine is one of the precursors of the bad breath. On http://www.brendadavisrd.com/methionine ... cted-diet/ you can find a list with methionine concentrations in food. And, please ask for dietary advice.
bb free)
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

mauricio wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:06 am This is a reply I got from one of the researchers that worked at the paper:
If you have extra-oral halitosis caused by the genetic defect that we have detected it could be possible to analyse that specific part of your DNA. I suggest that you contact Prof. Dr. xxxxx and ask him about possibilities. In addition, if the genetic defect is the reason there will be no cure available at the moment since this would need a modification of your DNA which is not possible. However, one of the things you could try to reduce the problem is adapting your diet (may be this worked out for your mother). We think that the amino acid methionine is one of the precursors of the bad breath. On http://www.brendadavisrd.com/methionine ... cted-diet/ you can find a list with methionine concentrations in food. And, please ask for dietary advice.
Thanks.
Gene Therapy is moving forward with research in medical field.
Lets hope there is more research and finally there is a cure.
micca4455
Junior

Post by micca4455 »

KL123 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:04 am
mauricio wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:06 am This is a reply I got from one of the researchers that worked at the paper:
Thanks.
Gene Therapy is moving forward with research in medical field.
Lets hope there is more research and finally there is a cure.
Thanks. Lets hope for the cure. 🙏🙏🙏
Celine

Post by Celine »

Many in my family have bad breath so I also think I have this. Anyone know how the diet works? 🧐
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Can you reply back to whoever sent you this email and ask them if they think taking pills like Beano can help?
Beano is supposed to stop foods from creating gas in your stomach to begin with.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/beano-Ultra- ... thena=true
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic