Hello everyone,
I’ve been trying chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash on and off for a few months and it seems to provide temporary relief. However, I’ve been advised to not use it long term since it stains teeth, etc.
Any one have any advice about it? Since this seems to help, could it be that my problem might be more of an “oral bacteria” problem?
Thank you
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
chlorhexidine gluconate seems to work
-
millionyearsago
- Newbie
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:14 pm
- Gender:
Re: chlorhexidine gluconate seems to work
There's probably tons of topics about it as chlorhexidine's been used in mouthwashes for ages and tons of users have tried it.
bb free)
- terranpatriot
- Advanced
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:19 am
- Location: East Coast, USA
Re: chlorhexidine gluconate seems to work
I used to use it whenever I had a social event coming up, and it would work pretty well...until it didn't anymore. Somehow, after using it successfully for like a dozen events or so, it just stopped working entirely and even began to make my breath extremely worse. My teeth also got so stained to the point where I had to get a professional cleaning done by the dentist to whiten them again. I even tried using it again after an 8 month break off of it and still did not get any benefits like I did when I first started using it.
-
millionyearsago
- Newbie
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:14 pm
- Gender:
Re: chlorhexidine gluconate seems to work
Hi Terran,
How long did you use it for before it stopped working? Thanks
How long did you use it for before it stopped working? Thanks
- terranpatriot
- Advanced
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:19 am
- Location: East Coast, USA
Re: chlorhexidine gluconate seems to work
A few months. Each time I used it was less effective than the previous time. Teeth change color after a few days to a week of use.
Re: chlorhexidine gluconate seems to work
Yes, it does stain the teeth and not recommended for longer use.
If the cause of the bad breath is genetic mutation in our gene SELENBP1 where the main gush of the bad breath comes from the lungs then this mouth wash is just another temporary cover up.
Your breath will still stink as the primary source is the lungs, and secondary source is the accumulation of bad bacteria on the tongue dorsum.
If the cause of the bad breath is genetic mutation in our gene SELENBP1 where the main gush of the bad breath comes from the lungs then this mouth wash is just another temporary cover up.
Your breath will still stink as the primary source is the lungs, and secondary source is the accumulation of bad bacteria on the tongue dorsum.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.