THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Vitamin C - Short Lived Relief? MAYBE NOT! *IMPORTANT!*

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
phixion
Total Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:11 pm

Vitamin C - Short Lived Relief? MAYBE NOT! *IMPORTANT!*

Post by phixion »

Sorry to make ANOTHER Vitamin C thread, but it seems Vitamin C has helped many in here but only for a week orso - well listen here. I've been doing some more reading, and the reason why it stops working (I'm pretty sure from what I've read..) is because of your body's newly built tolerance to the Vitamin C - this happens apparently, don't worry if it stops working...!

SIMPLY UP THE DOSAGE. Why stop at 4000mg? It would be insane to stop after it's ALREADY worked brielfy (while your body grew tolerant).

I SAY UP THE DOSAGE AND REPEAT UNTIL THE BAD BREATH STOPS COMING BACK! It doesn't matter if you have to take 10000mg daily or MORE.

I firmly believe if dosage is increased after the initial tolerance is built up by your body and your bad breath returns, relief from the bad breath will continue providing you keep upping the dosage... why wouldn't it?

KEEP UPPING THE DOSAGE UNTIL YOU FIND YOUR LEVEL THAT YOU CAN STICK AT AND REMAIN BAD BREATH FREE.

I don't know... but for the love of God, for those Vit C HAS helped and STOPPED helping after a week, UP THE DOSAGE, it's probably just down to your body being more tolerant to the Vit C.

Please crank it up! Double it! Whatever! Keep going. Don't give in.

Most of all - report back. :)

(ALSO, IF VIT C DIDN'T HELP YOU, TRY INCREASING THE DOSAGE TOO - WE'RE ALL DIFFERENT. 4000MG IS ANOTHERS 8000MG IF YOU GET WHAT I MEAN... DON'T JUST TRY 4000MG DAILY AND GIVE UP THINKING IT HASN'T WORKED FOR YOU. TRY HIGHER DOSES BEFORE THROWING IN THE TOWEL!)

Pete
snoopsister
Sheriff
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:12 am

Post by snoopsister »

I couldn't agree more, I had to increase my dosage and now I am back to about 4,000 mg a day. I am still recieving amazing results from this. If I get occasional BB, it's like normal bad breath. I honestly believe that many people on this site are not using enough or a bad brand. Try to increase it works wonders! :P
DK3790
Junior
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:39 am

Post by DK3790 »

by increasing the does u mean taking it like 5-6 times a day instead of 3-4? and I use the GNC sugar-free is it ok?
noptical
God
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:43 am

Post by noptical »

DK3790 wrote:and I use the GNC sugar-free is it ok?
Yes this is the one that most users here reported working.
phixion
Total Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:11 pm

Post by phixion »

I don't know much about this, but the halflife for Vitamin C is 30 minutes.

Therfore, it would be wise (?) to assume we must consume Vitamin C *VERY OFTEN*.

Maybe 4 times per day isn't ENOUGH in itself for some people??

Perhaps 8 times per day would be better, spaced out better.

E.G.

7 AM - WAKE UP, TAKE 1000MG
8 AM
9 AM - TAKE 1000MG
10
11 AM - TAKE 1000MG
12
1 PM - TAKE 1000MG
2
3 PM - TAKE 1000MG
4
5 PM - TAKE 1000MG
6
7 PM - TAKE 1000MG
8
9 PM - TAKE 1000MG
10
11 - BED

(That is a 8000mg example)

(Could take 500MG every 2 hours for 4000mg daily total which may work out better than just 4 x per day?)

Given the brief halflife I don't think 4 x daily would be optimal, but then I don't REALLY know what I'm talking about. :)

I think we just have to experiment with our doses and don't give up without at least trying more than 4000MG - and perhaps taking it more often......?

Pete
phixion
Total Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:11 pm

Post by phixion »

Since I don't really know what I'm talking about and it's all theory and stuff.. you might want to visit here and read up on doses and other stuff: http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/

Pete
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

Is VITAMIN C, a.k.a. Ascorbic Acid, taking over this site? As far as I know, there's not one single verified case of someone's bad breath being blown away by Vitamin C itself. Of the people having luck with the chewable Vitamin C, we don't actually know if it's the pH or the saliva flow or whatever. Vitamin C may have nothing to do with it 8-[ . Or have I missed some Xtraordinary event where Vitamin C suddenly took care of everything? If so, it would be sweet if someone could explain *how* Vitamin C is having a chemical effect on the bb bac etc... :-({|=
hungrygirl
Advanced
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: UK

Post by hungrygirl »

Again, i've been experimenting a lot (read my posts).

And lately, i thought that it maybe the acidity in the stomack, that does the trick, cos when i was taking the timereleased vit c, i didnt really do anything for me.

So, i stopped the vit c and started drinking vinegar as zigzag said in his post, and it did the same effect.

I always knew that my digestion is very slow and lately discovered that it can be because if low levels of stomach acid. Also, my favourite nutritionist says that bb can be caused by lack of stomach acid.

So i've just ordered betain hydrochlorid and looking forward to whats going to happen.
zigzag
Total Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:44 pm

Post by zigzag »

hungry gal, I was also going to try HCl tablets and see if that makes any difference. So far apple cider vinegar has been working good for me, cannot say it is helping 100%.. But I do see a great deal of improvement in my digestion.

But again my teeth might be super sensitive, I do get some sensitivity after drinking vinegar(which I dilute in water and drink with a straw).

Also another interesting find is, Vitamin C, a.k.a ,ascorbic acid and vinegar, a.k.a, acetic acid have the same pH or measure of acidity.. Which i found very interesting...

Keep posting on how HCL works for you..
zigzag
Total Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:44 pm

Post by zigzag »

Question to hungrygirl,
How did you find out or know your stomach acid level was low ? Is there any test for this ?
I had been to a gasteroenterologist and he checked my stomach using a probe and found that I had very mild acid reflux that is it.. according to him there was nothing else wrong with me !! Doctor's they don't have a clue about this disease, which just makes me so mad. !!!..
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

I must say that I believe that the smell is not coming from stomach, also yehuda is saying that.

I use to have a lot of acidreflux and my checs hurt because of acid burps. Then I use baking sode and the problem went completely away. And the results were the same. No changes in BB.

SO I can hardyl believe the smell is coming from stomach.

But please try, HCL was tried by other people before and nobody said it cured the bb.

I still think we should focus on tonsils and remains of tonsils.

Look how much pus is in tonsils and it must sting a lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM1qgDWiH_0
zigzag
Total Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:44 pm

Post by zigzag »

I think there are three types of bad breath causes. This is entirely my opinion, from observations on what happens to me.

I do agree that the first and the most common cause is the mouth. The odor seems to come out of there no matter where it starts..

1. The simple bad breath. This may be caused by gingivitis, rotting teeth and tongue. This type usually cured by mouth wash, scraping tongue or taking care of the teeth.
This is the easiest to cure and this is where I started my search for cure...

2. The next cause is the sinus, throat and tonsils bad breath (Post Nasal drip causing bacteria build up in throat and tongue and also in the tonsil). This kind is not easy, but may be cured by removing tonsils or taking care of what is going on in the nose. In this case the odor can come from mouth and nose. The main cause of bad breath will be tongue, tonsils and throat.

3. The worst kind digestion/stomach/metabolic related BB, this is what causes TMAU and other types of digestion related bad breath/odor. The odor can come from mouth, nose (in the breath) and also from sweat.
This is the room clearing kind. If your digestion is faulty or you cannot digest certain foods like gluten (Celiac disease) , can cause bad breath. I think IBS related bad breath also falls into this category.

Some of the chronic sufferers may have a combination of these three types of BB causes. I would say my cause of bad breath is reason number 2 and 3 combined. Let me give you my experience with this BB..

1. I have extremely clean mouth. every visit to the dentist he is amazed at how clean my mouth is.. Also I take great care of my tongue.. I do have a white coating which I clean periodically. So my BB is not no1 (Mouth and teeth related)

2. I have had following things done to take care of my nose and throat issues. I did have extremely large tonsils, deviated septum with large turbinate (nasal concha) inside right nostril. I did have bad breath from these.. So had surgery done to correct these issues.
I had septoplasty, partial turbinectomy and tonsils completely removed. I did not have any adenoids, they had completely disappeared. All this surgery did improve my breath (70%) and helped with sinus and tonsil infections..
After all this my BB was still there. So I did more research.

3. What I noticed was my BB was ok in the morning. After eating my breakfast, I clean my teeth and tounge and head to the office. I talk to people and no ones reacting to BB.. After an hour or so, I start getting weird taste in my mouth and
I can feel the throat kinda closing up. This usually an indication of reflux or something weird going on in the stomach and my bad breath returns. If I eat something immediately, it clears again, after 30 minutes my BB will be back..
This leads me to believe that I have some kinda sensitivity to food or something weird going on in my stomach. Also I can get constipated very easily. I mean if I miss drinking couple of glasses of water a day, I would know it the very next day.
I am still trying to figure this BB out.

I guess every person may have a slightly different cause of BB.. The common thing we all have bad breath and suffer from it.
I am sure this forum and the discussion will help us figure something out...
Thank you for creating and maintaining this forum.
DK3790
Junior
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:39 am

Post by DK3790 »

phixion wrote:I don't know much about this, but the halflife for Vitamin C is 30 minutes.

Therfore, it would be wise (?) to assume we must consume Vitamin C *VERY OFTEN*.

Maybe 4 times per day isn't ENOUGH in itself for some people??

Perhaps 8 times per day would be better, spaced out better.

E.G.

7 AM - WAKE UP, TAKE 1000MG
8 AM
9 AM - TAKE 1000MG
10
11 AM - TAKE 1000MG
12
1 PM - TAKE 1000MG
2
3 PM - TAKE 1000MG
4
5 PM - TAKE 1000MG
6
7 PM - TAKE 1000MG
8
9 PM - TAKE 1000MG
10
11 - BED

(That is a 8000mg example)

(Could take 500MG every 2 hours for 4000mg daily total which may work out better than just 4 x per day?)

Given the brief halflife I don't think 4 x daily would be optimal, but then I don't REALLY know what I'm talking about. :)

I think we just have to experiment with our doses and don't give up without at least trying more than 4000MG - and perhaps taking it more often......?

Pete
that's crazy...i do 500 mg 4 times a day and my teeth hurt so much, anyone know if the vitamin C does anything to your teeth?
User avatar
issy154
Junior
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:40 am

Post by issy154 »

Wtf, I don't think upping the dosage on some pills is gonna make it better.

I think bad breath comes from years of eating unhealthy, and taking 8 Vit. C pills a day isn't gonna help shit breath.
noptical
God
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:43 am

Post by noptical »

DK3790 wrote:that's crazy...i do 500 mg 4 times a day and my teeth hurt so much, anyone know if the vitamin C does anything to your teeth?
As far as I know the acid in vitc (vitc is basically an acid) destroys your teeth enamel.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗