THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Bad breath comes from throat

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
User avatar
issy154
Junior
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:40 am

Bad breath comes from throat

Post by issy154 »

I know many people have brought this up before but is it true that bb comes from the throat?

I mean, it seems ridiculous that after brushing your teeth your breath still stinks. My sister says she can smell my breath when I breathe out of my nostrils, and it is connected to the throat after all, isn't it?

I'm sorry I sound so stupid right now but it just doesn't seem likely that bacteria could form that quickly after cleaning your mouth.
sweets07
Advanced
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:53 am

i think so

Post by sweets07 »

i think so, at least in my present situation. i recently got a sinus infection and have been on zithromax for the past 3 days. my tonsils don't wreak like rotten fish like they did before i started the antibiotics, but whatever i cough up from my throat smells like fish (sorry to be so gross). it seems like before this i had relief from bb, but with the sinus infection i'm thinking the bacteria just found new places to hide... ](*,)

did your sister tell you that your nose breathing smelled just being near you or did she test you? i'm always paranoid about an odor coming from my nostrils... i mean we have to breath some how, lol!

as of right now, i'm trying to decide whether to see an ent in town before i go to new york to visit dr. krespi. i think i'll probably just go straight to new york and get tested/treated. i'm confident he'd be better able to identify the source of the problem, and we can go from there. pray for me guys. i'm keeping you all in mine. :D
noptical
God
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:43 am

Post by noptical »

Well using plain logic when foul smell comes from your nose you don't search in the throat for the cause but in the nasal cavities...
Could be that you have sinusitis. Or rhinitis (allergic or vasomotor). Or both since rhinitis can trigger sinusitis.
xoxo
Advanced
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:48 am

Re: i think so

Post by xoxo »

sweets07 wrote: as of right now, i'm trying to decide whether to see an ent in town before i go to new york to visit dr. krespi.
see an ENT, get a CT sinus scan.

my 2 cents worth... gd luck.
User avatar
issy154
Junior
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:40 am

Post by issy154 »

Nah, my sister just says it smells like my breath when I breath through my nose. She had to put her face close to mine though.
TIREDOFIT
Advanced
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:18 am

Post by TIREDOFIT »

I thought this article sums it all up. But I'm still confused as to where my bb is coming from because I have GERD and tonsiliths and pnd. I feel like it is coming from my throat, but who knows. I'm going to get the VERY painful operation (tonsilectomy) in 2 weeks. Then, I may have surgery on my hiatal hernia. We'll see what works...

http://www.doctorhoffman.com/halitos.htm
emotional rescue
Sheriff
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am

Post by emotional rescue »

tiderofit,

be strong, you just need to now if you have crypts and tonsil stones....if you have it, go ahead, it´s very probably that you´ll see a good improve,

surgerys are painfull, but they´re not the end of the world,
the pain goes away and the results stays...

tiderofit, sweet 07,
please tell the ent and krespy that check your lingual tonsils and your adenoids too, as i only treat the common tonsils and the rest could be contributing too...

good luck to all!!
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

I remember the operation as bliss, not pain. They put you under, which is just wonderful. Yeah, sure there's some pain in the area afterwards. That's what painkillers are for, dear.

O:)
Twilight
Junior
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 2:26 am

Post by Twilight »

I just got my adenoids and palatines removed yesterday morning. The doc said my adenoids had a bunch of "cottage cheese" like stuff on them. I'm real tired right now from the narcotics but I'll let you guys know how everything is.

I was worried about the surgery too. I hate going under, but that part if actually the best. Yesterday has been the worst so far, I feel a lot better today. Just get plenty of rest. Ice and other cold things help even more so than antibiotics. You will be fine. If you want to know any more of what it will be like and how to prepare, I'm here to answer any questions you may have as I'm going through it right now.

Just very sleepy right now. Hehe. ;)
TIREDOFIT
Advanced
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:18 am

Post by TIREDOFIT »

Twilight - are you cured? Can you tell yet? I have my surgery scheduled for Friday... [-o<
User avatar
jess
Sheriff
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:23 pm
Location: USA
Gender:

Post by jess »

Twilight, thnx for keeping us updated on your condition.
It's interesting that the adenoids had some stuff in them which shows that they can cause bad breath after all. Also do you mind telling us your age, as I've heard that the adenoids usually shrink as people ages.
Take care
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

I wish you all the best and also am glad something is moving here on the board
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗