THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Should I get a tonsillectomy?
-
optimismishere
- Junior
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
- Gender:
Should I get a tonsillectomy?
I get tonsil stones rarely. Sometimes I get ear pain related with tonsil inflammation. The doctor today said my tonsils were in rough shape. They have crypts in them.
If I remember correctly, my bad breath started 11 years ago and the first thing I remember is sticky stuff attached to my tonsils and nearby areas which I removed after 2 days of constant brushing. So I wonder if they're all related.
Cost isn't an issue as I'm from a third world country and my parents are fairly wealthy. I had a septoplasty 2 years ago.
I'd love to know your opinion. Is tonsillectomy worth it?
If I remember correctly, my bad breath started 11 years ago and the first thing I remember is sticky stuff attached to my tonsils and nearby areas which I removed after 2 days of constant brushing. So I wonder if they're all related.
Cost isn't an issue as I'm from a third world country and my parents are fairly wealthy. I had a septoplasty 2 years ago.
I'd love to know your opinion. Is tonsillectomy worth it?
Re: Should I get a tonsillectomy?
If the source of your BB are tonsils then obviously, I would do it in a heartbeat.
I personally got my tonsil removed in hopes to get rid of BB. And BB was gone only during the period when I was taking antibiotics after the EXTREMELY PAINFUL surgery.
After about three weeks, the shit breath came back as it was always there.
Again, this is considered to be a very painful surgery. Get ready for it.
I personally got my tonsil removed in hopes to get rid of BB. And BB was gone only during the period when I was taking antibiotics after the EXTREMELY PAINFUL surgery.
After about three weeks, the shit breath came back as it was always there.
Again, this is considered to be a very painful surgery. Get ready for it.
-
optimismishere
- Junior
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
- Gender:
Re: Should I get a tonsillectomy?
Did you have symptoms like tonsil stones and ear pain?
Re: Should I get a tonsillectomy?
Me?optimismishere wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:25 am Did you have symptoms like tonsil stones and ear pain?
Nope. Didn't have any of those.
-
optimismishere
- Junior
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
- Gender:
Re: Should I get a tonsillectomy?
I have those and that's precisely why I want to have the tonsillectomy. Even if it doesn't solve the problem, one would have one less thing to worry about.
Re: Should I get a tonsillectomy?
The tonsillectomy didn't help me (nasal bb!). I had very little pain and I don't regret the operation. I have read about the success of others. it was a possibility.
-
optimismishere
- Junior
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
- Gender:
Re: Should I get a tonsillectomy?
You had only nasal breath? I have both. Yesterday I was cleaning my tonsils and for a while, I could smell the stink coming out of my nose. Did you get a laser tonsillectomy?
Re: Should I get a tonsillectomy?
I don't remember the method. Many years ago!
I also have nasal and oral bad breath (not permanently or every minute) .... how does it smell? Have you got post nasal drip? Do you have a stuffy nose?
I also have nasal and oral bad breath (not permanently or every minute) .... how does it smell? Have you got post nasal drip? Do you have a stuffy nose?
-
optimismishere
- Junior
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
- Gender:
Re: Should I get a tonsillectomy?
I can't always smell my breath. Only when I clean by breath can I smell it. It's like sewage if I am not wrong. I don't have PND as I had a septoplasty a few years ago. When I clean my tonsils thoroughly, I don't get that something stuck in the throat sensation and can breathe easily
Re: Should I get a tonsillectomy?
whatever the fcuk is wrong with us, is not fixable; however, your cause of bb could be tonsil stones, which is perhaps curable.
The rest of us are just plain simple unlucky bastards born with this unfortunate breath situation.
The rest of us are just plain simple unlucky bastards born with this unfortunate breath situation.
Re: Should I get a tonsillectomy?
I would take the chance. I wish you that it is your cause. No pnd sounds good !!
-
optimismishere
- Junior
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
- Gender:
Re: Should I get a tonsillectomy?
Yeah. I do get some PND but it's minimal. And I think the phlegm inside the throat is mainly due to tonsils storing whatever comes out of the sinuses. I have a consultation with my ENT (no waiting bullshit) in 3 days and hopefully he'll tell my parents I need the surgery.
-
optimismishere
- Junior
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
- Gender:
Re: Should I get a tonsillectomy?
Just a quick question - how does post nasal drip feel? I had deviated septum and clogged sinuses and they both were dealt with. A senior ENT even said my halitosis wasn't because of sinus sinus but I had the surgery anyway. My tonsils aren't inflamed but they do smell when I touch them and some liquid comes out on pressing. They completely ignored the fact that I occasionally got earache and sore throat. This time I wint yield till I get them removed. I know it'll be painful but hopefully the pain is worth the pleasure.
Re: Should I get a tonsillectomy?
Has the doctor ever arranged a CT of the sinuses? If the tonsills stink or smell, I would have them removed immediately ... I had hardly any pain. it's different for everyone. Difficult to explain with the PND. You can feel it behind the nose in the transition to the throat. The mucus collects in the area of the larynx. But PND doesn't always mean bad breath. For me, the mucus tastes bitter straight out of my nose. The smell changes in the area of the larynx. Nightmare.
I hope your ENT says yes to the surgery !!
I hope your ENT says yes to the surgery !!
-
optimismishere
- Junior
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
- Gender:
Re: Should I get a tonsillectomy?
He did and they had fluid in them. So they were operated upon and the fluid drained. But the problem persisted despite FESS surgery. I want to get my tonsils removed just to be sure.Gelonaxy wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:02 pm Has the doctor ever arranged a CT of the sinuses? If the tonsills stink or smell, I would have them removed immediately ... I had hardly any pain. it's different for everyone. Difficult to explain with the PND. You can feel it behind the nose in the transition to the throat. The mucus collects in the area of the larynx. But PND doesn't always mean bad breath. For me, the mucus tastes bitter straight out of my nose. The smell changes in the area of the larynx. Nightmare.
I hope your ENT says yes to the surgery !!
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.