THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Lingual Tonsils - Fish Smell

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
optimismishere
Junior
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
Gender:

Lingual Tonsils - Fish Smell

Post by optimismishere »

MANY PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHERE LINGUAL TONSILS ARE LOCATED. IF YOU DON'T, FIRST GOOGLE IT.

I've been targeting my lingual tonsils for the past few weeks now. I went to an ENT and asked him to check my lingual tonsils for any type of issues. He said they were fine and that there was no hypertrophy.

Except he is wrong. I thought he'd say my bb source were my lingual tonsils, but he didn't. I've been pushing my lingual tonsils towards my throat and the unsettles them and gives out the worst stench that people can smell. I cat always smell this stench but sometimes I do.

Whenever I push on my lingual tonsils, large amount of old, stale phlegm comes out and I spit it out. My nasal BB gets worse after cleaning them. So horrible that even mask wearing can't stop people from turning back and looking at me in disgust.

This seems logical to me, really. Lingual tonsils are situated at a place where multiple BB causing factors - from reflux acids to post nasal drip - end up and get dried.

If you have both mouth and nasal BB, TARGET YOUR LINGUAL TONSILS. Clean them thoroughly. I have started to brush them. I hold the edge of my toothbrush and push it as far back as possible to target all the areas of the tonsils. I cleaned them today and could smell a fish like stale smell emanating. I'm sure all the BB food lies in there.
dianess
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:10 am

Re: Lingual Tonsils - Fish Smell

Post by dianess »

And what are you going to do about these lingual tonsils? Remove them?
optimismishere
Junior
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
Gender:

Re: Lingual Tonsils - Fish Smell

Post by optimismishere »

I'll see if the problem resolves on its own if I clean then properly everyday.
mauricio
Advanced
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:02 am
Gender:

Re: Lingual Tonsils - Fish Smell

Post by mauricio »

ahah It's like seeing my life again and again, I too got my normal tonsils removed. Then it didn't solve anything and was convinced the problem were my lingual tonsils, so I started seeing ENTs to get them to remove them. Luckily they didn't. So much of my time wasted....
bb free)
optimismishere
Junior
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
Gender:

Re: Lingual Tonsils - Fish Smell

Post by optimismishere »

mauricio wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 pm ahah It's like seeing my life again and again, I too got my normal tonsils removed. Then it didn't solve anything and was convinced the problem were my lingual tonsils, so I started seeing ENTs to get them to remove them. Luckily they didn't. So much of my time wasted....
what do you mean by "luckily they didn't"? Do you get any pungent smell when you move your linguals around?
mauricio
Advanced
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:02 am
Gender:

Re: Lingual Tonsils - Fish Smell

Post by mauricio »

tonsils are not the cause of bb.
bb free)
optimismishere
Junior
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
Gender:

Re: Lingual Tonsils - Fish Smell

Post by optimismishere »

mauricio wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:01 pm tonsils are not the cause of bb.
Dude, there's a difference between palatine tonsils and lingual tonsils. First Google them and see what you're talking about.
mauricio
Advanced
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:02 am
Gender:

Re: Lingual Tonsils - Fish Smell

Post by mauricio »

optimismishere wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:13 pm
mauricio wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:01 pm tonsils are not the cause of bb.
Dude, there's a difference between palatine tonsils and lingual tonsils. First Google them and see what you're talking about.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I just wrote I had mine taken out and come back to ask for the lingual ones to be removed too and you are telling me I need to google the difference. Fed up with trying to help at times. Good luck with your surgery, it will solve a lot of things!
bb free)
optimismishere
Junior
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
Gender:

Re: Lingual Tonsils - Fish Smell

Post by optimismishere »

mauricio wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:08 pm
optimismishere wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:13 pm
mauricio wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:01 pm tonsils are not the cause of bb.
Dude, there's a difference between palatine tonsils and lingual tonsils. First Google them and see what you're talking about.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I just wrote I had mine taken out and come back to ask for the lingual ones to be removed too and you are telling me I need to google the difference. Fed up with trying to help at times. Good luck with your surgery, it will solve a lot of things!
A lot of people don't know the difference between the two types of tonsils. I'm trying to help them here. I'm not talking about taking anything out. I just want people to thoroughly clean their lingual tonsils which are situated in the back of the tongue.
blowinyouaway
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:12 pm
Gender:

Re: Lingual Tonsils - Fish Smell

Post by blowinyouaway »

I was wondering which post it was that i found. Maybe you could try oil pulling to clean the hard to reach area. I’m gonna try that too.
optimismishere
Junior
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am
Gender:

Re: Lingual Tonsils - Fish Smell

Post by optimismishere »

Oil pulling won't help much tbh. What's required is a sustained focus on the lingual tonsils area. That can be done with thoroughly brushing that area and changing tongue position - this will help ensure air directly touches the rear part of your tongue and cleans and oxygenates the lingual tonsils. Someone in this forum has already done that and got cured. See the posts by the user ttylxman2 in viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7304&p=64530&hilit=Bitcoin#top
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗