THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

update

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
waitingforrelief
Sheriff
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am

update

Post by waitingforrelief »

Hi all.

I haven't been around for a while now. So I thought I'd give you guys an update on my journey in finding relief from bb.

I finally went to a medical doctor for help. Specifically, I went to an ENT, about 2 month ago. For the first time, I told the doctor about my chronic bb problem. I told him that I'd never been to a doctor of allopathy, but only of alternative medicine, to seek help with this condition. He was not dismissive of my problem, and I was able to present my problem in an objective, unemotional, and assertive way.

He proceeded to give me an en exam and did a CAT scan. The one thing that I did have the courage to ask for, but he wasn't able to help - was that I asked him if he could detect my bb and he said, "sorry, I have a notoriously bad sense of smell." I'd wanted to ask for a nurse to smell my breath, but I never got around to have the courage to do that - even in my follow-up visit. *shrug*

Anyway, upon examining me and looking thru' the scan, the doctor told me that I had ozena. (Noptical, you were right on!) I'd had a sinus surgery when I was about 13, and that doctor took out way too much of my turbinates tissue, creating turbulence of airflow in my nose, and causing it to lose its ability to humidify and purify the air. But it was more than that. The ENT thought that the doctor who operated on me when I was young had made some kind of mistake, which had caused him to somehow take out parts of my septum unnecessarily - and if I've understood him correctly, to have made a hole in my septum even.

When the doctor did an endoscopic exam in me, he didn't even have to take the endoscope out to examine the other nostril. I have a big hole in my septum which allowed the endoscope to go through both sides of my nose.

What's more, and this will be of interest to you guys in particular, with all the discussions about the tonsils causing bb - is that without my knowledge, the doctor who operated on my sinuses had taken out ALL of my tonsils. All this time I had been wondering whether my tonsils were causing the bb, I had no idea I hadn't had any since I was 13. No wonder I never knew what you guys were talking about when it came down to tonsil. (But I'll have to verify further on this - I remember asking the doctor if ALL of my tonsils were out and he said yes. I may have to clarify to see if indeed all the different types of them are indeed out.)

Some of ozena's symptoms are having a very dry nose, very little mucus production, frequent infection, foul smell in nose, halitosis, bad taste, etc.., among others. (You can easily look it up online.) My doctor found that my sinuses were seriously infected, and felt that the infection probably had been there for years. He did a culture and found this bacteria called Hemophilius influenzae (sp?). He prescribed me the antibiotic Augmentin, and instructed me to take it for 3 weeks. He also told me to use this saline rinse Neilmed daily. I was supposed to go back a week after I was done with the Augmentin for a follow-up. His guess was that the antibiotic wouldn't clear the infection up, and that I'd need another surgery.

I continued to take vitamain C (sugarless) although it never provided me the same kind of relief that some others experienced except for the first few days I was on the sugared kind. (perceived relief, at least.) While I was on the antibiotic, my breath did improve. I was good with taking the required dose everyday, but was not good with the daily rinse, especially as I was on vacation out of town.

I'd gone back to see the doctor last week right after my being away. I reported that the bad taste had improved a lot, and my breath had improved as well, but not eliminated. He did another CAT scan and endoscopic exam on me, and told me that I should be sterilized at this point. However, the pus in my sinuses was still not draining. And that I'd need to be operated on - or else the infection will come back any time. I told him how important it was for me to get to the bottom of the bb issue . He point-blank told me that the few possible causes - bacteria from infection, yeast infection, and I think he said fungus as well - have all been eliminated. (As I no longer had the infection at the time of the follow-up appointment.) He apologized and said that he wouldn't be able to help me further regarding that. Disappointed, but I did appreciate his honesty in admitting to not being able to help further.

However, I did ask him if it's possible the remaining odor might be coming from the pus. And he said that it's likely, but couldn't be completely sure, understandably. So now I'm going to consult another ENT for a second opinion to see if a surgery is the only way to go, as I'm wary of going under the knife again seeing how the last one went so horribly wrong.

Going back a week or two - after I'd stopped taking the Augmentin for about 2 days, I had a bad case of acid reflux that was so painful that I was bowled over in my apt not able to move. I went to a doctor (GP) and he did all kinds of test and bloodwork on me, and told me that I had reflux. He also tested me on H. Pylori, which turned out negative. At the time when I was at the doc's, I didn't think of it, but I have a feeling that it's from the Augmentin, as it's a very harsh antibiotic on the stomach.

So I've been on Prevacid for my reflux for the past week or so. (I didn't take the medicine for the first few days because I wanted to see if it'd just go away. I finally succumbed when the pain persisted.) During this time, I also started to greatly increase my water intake. I still don't always drink 8 glasses a day but I think I've come fairly close. I've been also more diligent with the daily saline rinse - increasing to 2x a day only since yesterday. I noticed that my mucus had thinned out a lot ever since I started to drink more water, and my nose even started to run a little. (Which was non-existent before. My nose was always so dry and stuff would just be stuffed inside with no way out.)

The other change that happened was that I started to re-examine the way I floss. I started flossing much more carefully - I realized that I had to run the floss not just along the gumline, but along the whole length of the teeth. For example, I noticed this strong fecal odor between my two front teeth at the top, and I started to floss that space a lot - running the floss in and out horizontally using a lot of floss, even in the middle of the teeth and toward the end of them. I started doing that a few days ago, and I've managed to get rid of that odor.

In the past, no matter how much I flossed, the odor would just come right back after a little while. But I only flossed toward the gum line mostly. I mean I did run the floss through the whole length (vertical) of the teeth, but not with such a large surface of floss. My theory is, now that my sinus health is better, I no longer have such an overwhelming number of bacteria in my mouth. And therefore flossing alone could help so significantly. And perhaps from the flossing, I'd gotten rid of some old gunks that were stuck between teeth NOT along the gumline that had been there for years. (I felt something come unstuck after a few days of flossing like this between different tooth space.)

The increased number of saline rinse may be helping too, but I don't know for sure. All I know is that my breath has been improving even after I finished the Augmentin. That awful bad taste in my mouth is greatly reduced. I am enjoying food so much more. I still taste the saltiness when I'm not eating which becomes bitterness sometimes when mixed with food. But it's minimal. I could drink milk and wouldn't feel that horribly nasty feeling in my mouth afterward. I had a lemonade the other day and kept smacking my mouth afterward because it didn't feel like a huge bacteria battlefield afterward. It was just nice and tart.

I still smell stale breath on myself - sour breath sometimes, but it seems to never smell fecal anymore. (Except for when I floss sometimes - but even that's decreasing as I have improved my flossing technique and frequency - twice a day. And I don't smell it on my breath after I floss at all. I use enough floss surface until I don't smell the odor on the floss itself anymore.) I still smell this slightly weird odor that I can't identify sometimes. Maybe it's in my head, but I feel like it's a mix of certain food or drinks with my mucus.

I started smelling a weird smell in my nose the last two days again - and got kind of panicky. At some point I was talking on the phone and thought I smelled a familiar bad breath smell from my mouth, but then realized that it was a smell from my nose. It was a familiar odor that again I can't quite describe, that I used to identify as my breath odor. However, from my experience these two days -after having been much more odor-free for a while - I have a feeling that it's the smell of the pus in my nose, which may or may not have been emitted from my breath in the past. As far as I can tell, the smell is only in my nose now without coming out of my mouth.

Regarding my sinus symptoms, I'm actually MORE symptomatic ever since I got on the Augmentin. A lot more sinus headaches, stuffiness, etc... I am not quite sure why. I've thought about the possibility that the Prevacid is helping my bb - but don't think that it's likely, as I've been on Nexium before, which is really the same kind of drug before, and it didn't help one bit. Also, by now, I have a very strong feeling that this is all my sinuses wreaking havoc on me. It can't be a coincidence that in dealing with all these sinus problems, my breath has improved THIS much.

Now for those of you who are gung-ho about posters having to have breath checkers before claiming any breath improvement or otherwise - let me just state that I don't have anyone to check my breath at this point. My breath confidant is not around and so this is all based on my own perception. Let me do point out tho', that my odor was sooo strong sometimes that I simply could not avoid smelling my own foul breath even if I wanted to before. Of course there's the possibility that my sense of smell was really screwed up because of the infection (as stuff inside my sinuses smelled really bad), but I don't think that's all of it. (And my bb was definitely confirmed by my confidant.) Big IF - even if I am not perceiving my reality completely accurately now, I FEEL better. A LOT better. My sense of taste is greatly improved. My mouth feels much cleaner. I don't feel like my head lives in a cloud of filthy air... However accurately I gauge my breath odor now and before the Augmentin, I perceive an amazing difference in level and type of odors. I talk more normal, have more confidence. (Well, it being summer now, and being outside a lot definitely helps, for sure. And being on vacation too. But it's not all of it.)

And I do believe that how I feel has everything to do with my reality as well. After all, it does matter how we feel about ourselves, sometimes DESPITE what the outside world thinks.

My general quality of life has gone up soooo much - and this is before I have found a way to completely get rid of my halitosis. Somebody said that bb changes your personality. You know what? it doesn't. I'm still me - I'm just able to be more myself now that I have some relief, that's all. I still have all my other frustrations - some things that I'd blamed on bad breath, thinking that if only I didn't have bb to worry about, I wouldn't have a problem with this particular issue. Well, turns out I was wrong. I still have those frustrations and bb was an excuse. But then, I just feel BETTER in general. I feel fantastically normal, comparatively. I have moments of panic, for sure. Once I catch a whiff of anything, I kind of go into panic mode, "it's back, it's back with a vengeance!" And I've had a lot of those in the last 2 months. But it's not back with a vengeance. It may not be completely gone, but I also have the hope now that I may have found the culprit to this. And that there's still more for me to do.

A few more observations.

1. A friend was flossing in front of me a few weeks ago, and was talking about how he felt good to have flossed afterward. He said something like, "You know how when you haven't flossed in a while, you get all kinds of stinky stuff on the floss and it's disgusting?" So it IS true that people who don't have a chronic bb problem smell bad odors on their floss if not done regularly.

2. For those of you who have trouble drinking water (I remember busted was one of them?), try drinking with a straw. It's remarkable how much easier as you don't get bloated as easily. My body seems to "absorb" water much better now too. I used to just pee it out constantly. Somehow now I'm doing so much better with that.

3. This is kind of disgusting - but right around the time I started coming to this site, when my breath was getting worse and worse - my poop and my breath started to smell more and more alike. That was what made me suspect that my digestion was to blame. But now that my breath is better, so is the smell of matters from my other end. :) I think it's because now that my bacteria level is greatly reduced, they are not going into my gut as much. (I read on a sinus website that we produce 4 cups of mucus a day and most of it goes into our stomach. And so it's up to the stomach to fight the bad bacteria in our mucus. Which makes total sense! )

4. And for those of you who are afraid to go to a doctor, don't be. I can't believe that I've lived with this condition all these years - whereas now just a couple visits to an ENT has helped so tremendously. I know some of you have had bad experiences with doctors. Not all docs are created equal. Some are better than others. However, I also believe it's important to "take charge" of your body and be assertive in getting the help you need. When I went in for my visit, I deliberately dressed a certain way to look professional and assertive, to help give a confident impression and also to boost my own much-needed courage. Believe me, these little things matter. You need to do everything in your power to make doctors take you SERIOUSLY. By the same token, being overly emotional, or combative would only make them not want to listen to you. This is very important. It's human nature to want to help someone who shows vulnerability. It's natural to feel more encouraged to help someone when they seem to speak rationally and intelligently. Ride that line of assertiveness and vulnerability gracefully.

Be organized in what you're going to say. Write everything down. Be POLITE. Don't let the frustration of having lived with bb come out as anger or bitterness.
Let the doctor know that you are pro-active in doing your own research and that he/she needs to respect your ownership of your body, but don't cross the line to disrespecting his/her expertise in the area. If you find that a particular doctor is neither understanding or too good in what he/she does, go some place else. Always be respectful but assertive.

5. For those of you who think that you have no sinus issues - although I grew up with a lot of symptoms, I was symptom-free for a number of years. Or at least for the weirdest reason, I got so acclimated to them that I no longer knew that there was something wrong. So don't dismiss the possibility of the sinuses being the cause of your bb without investigating. I used to dismiss it also because my dad has bb as well, and he had never had sinus problems. Now that I think about it, he's always cleared his throat a lot (PND, probably) - maybe he does have sinus issues without knowing it. It's just that he was asymptomatic. (Incidentally, what made me go to an ENT is that I became symptomatic for a few months with acute sinus infection after I started oil pulling. Really weird, but it's like the oil "pulled" out all the symptoms. )

Whew, ok, I should stop now. I hope some of this information helps.
hopeful
Master
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by hopeful »

Thank you SO MUCH for this update. It's really helpful to know about all the places our our bb originates from. Hope you find the total relief you deserve soon.
xoxo
Advanced
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:48 am

Re: update

Post by xoxo »

waitingforrelief wrote: (Incidentally, what made me go to an ENT is that I became symptomatic for a few months with acute sinus infection after I started oil pulling. Really weird, but it's like the oil "pulled" out all the symptoms. )
hi,
someone wrote something i thought might explain the above.

My theory on how oil pulling works, written by - Emily E. Thayer
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=748471#i
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

That ENT you went to sounds like a real pro. Mine would never do things like h.pylori testing and all that stuff. What's really weird is that I think I might actually have somewhat the same problem as you do, waitingforrelief. However I've had like 3 ent's examine my nose with an endoscope, they say that it looks perfectly normal. And everythings looks great. I did a ct scan last year which came out negative. I had surgery too when I was like 2 or 3 years old my mother told me. The only problem is I have no idea wether I had a turbinats surgery done or adenoidectomy? I think it's possible that I don't have that air humidifier/purifier either.

Have you visited any other ENT's before this one and they did say that everything was ok back then? I mean you said you didn'th ave any sinusitis symptoms before you started doin oil pulling. Maybe you are right and all our sinusistis symptoms are hidden and that might be the reason no ent can treat us like sinusitis patients.

This surgery could be the cure for you wfr. :)
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

Welcome back wfr! Great story. Makes me want to find another (better) ENT. As Busted says above, many ENts won't think of doing the extensive testing you have done. My ENT downplayed my sinusitis, and deviated septum. He had more comments about the quality of the xray resolution and clarity, then he did about my actual health condition. And of course, I swear doctors have a handbook, where the 1st page says, "always tell your halitosis patients you have a bad sense of smell"

Anyway, I have always felt that antibiotics, (I have taken augmentin, still have some around here somewhere)... give me the sense of a clean mouth. Gets rid of the thick mass feeling in the throat, and also the bad taste. I just didn't want to keep taking antibiotics, because of side effects, and long term reprecussions.

Anyway, next week, I'll see another doc, and keep what you said in mind. Hmm I should print your post and have them read it!
noptical
God
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:43 am

Post by noptical »

wfr welcome back, I was thinking the other day where had you gone :D

I'm glad that you finally found the cause of your bad breath. I wish everyone here was a little bit more logical and start going to doctors and examine themselves instead of whining and going the home remedy/alternate medicine way and then whining again because nothing helps (as if they did anything about it :roll: ...).
I know this might sound insulting to some but its the truth and truth hurts. All this time I was visiting healthboards.com and this forum, I don't see people who are really motivated to go the normal and most logical route of getting tested by some professionals and have a status of their overall health. Instead I see people who PRAY and wait for their breath to be magically gone (OMG PRAY WITH ME AT 12PM EST, DONT MIND THAT YOU'RE GMT+2 THERE WHICH MAKES 12PM EST 5AM THERE AND EVERYONE'S SLEEPING, BECAUSE EST IS THE OFFICAL TIMEZONE IN HEAVEN), don't mind doing the "trial and error" method, that is try everying and all the cures your grandma and that alternate-medicine "doctor" was talking about, SOMETHING might work (why don't you go play the lottery instead?). If medicine was that simple and easy, it would be tought in kindergartens. I see people buy every available "bad breath cure" or herb and then whine on spending thousands of dollars, nothing worked and they are doomed because they tried everything (because stuff that supermarkets sell is "everything" :roll: ). Wouldn't be better if this predictable wasted time was used on some useful bad breath "research" instead? We could have found the cure already or at least would be one step closer to the cure or an effective treatment if it wasn't for that and if we worked together SERIOUSLY (and I consider everything that is not based on facts and proof, alternate "medicine" and all that crap, a JOKE).

And here ends my rant :D

Thanks wfr for stepping in and showing once more that SCIENCE is what will cure you and not some ignorant self proclaimed "doctors" with their snake oils and other stupid "ancient" and "proven" (by who?) herbs and cures.

Now to our issue...
I suggest you do this operation if it is economically feasible for you. Antibiotics can't help you with sinusitis, the can help only temporarily. I had both my ENT and Allergist tell me that antibiotics can't do much for sinusitis because there's only little blood flow to the sinuses. The culprit in your case is obviously your sinuses and your respiratory system in general, if not completely then for the most part. Pus could be what is causing your bad breath if it is dripping along with mucous into your throat and tongue. Pus consists of alive and dead white cells along with dead pathogen organisms that have been killed during the immune response of the body (from my high school biology book). Considering the theory that says that bacteria on the tongue that produce all this smelly crap feed on dead organisms as well, pus -which is full of them- promotes this even more.
So I would recommend you have this procedure if possible and make sure you choose the right doc to do it and make sure to talk to him a lot about your condition so he is fully aware of it and all your medical history. You need to get this out of the way before you can look anywhere else, because honestly, there's no other place to look right now other than your sinuses.

Here's a quote from a site about sinusitis
It is possible that the sinus openings into the nose are blocked preventing pus from coming out. In this scenario, the typical history is mulitple courses of antibiotics that help temporarily before the pain/pressure returns. When given this history, a long (3-6 weeks) course of antibiotics +/- steroids may be prescribed. The rationale for the much longer course of antibiotics is due to the belief that infection is trapped inside the sinus cavities and like a water balloon filled with pus, the antibiotics can only reach where the pus touches the sinus wall cavity, but not in the center. Steroids are used to decrease the swelling and inflammation that may have led to sinus obstruction. By relieving the obstruction, accumulated pus should be able to drain out into the nose properly. What led to sinus obstruction in the first place? Most commonly, it is due to allergies. That's why people with seasonal allergies also tend to get sinus infections when the allergies act up. Treatment of the underlying cause of the sinus obstruction will prevent sinus infection! Treating the infection alone will work temporarily at best.
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

Yea, I agree with noptical. I also think that if you do a certain surgery to prevent something, the chances are higher that you actually find a cure. If you use products most likely you will only mask the smell, but will never find 100% relief. I mean not worrying about your bb anymore like normal people.

Anyways I found a pretty interesting information on the internet the other day and here's the most interesting part. It's some advice given by a doctor.
I have heard it said many times that bad breath is a symptom of reflux. This sounds plausible, but I have to be honest and say I have not yet encountered a patient who fit this picture. The usual symptoms of reflux are quite variable, but may include any subset of the following: dry cough, habitual throat clearing, hoarseness, "lump in the throat" sensation, heartburn, sour taste in the mouth, and (sure, let's include it) bad breath.
But there are certainly a few other things which can lead to bad breath. Tooth decay (dental caries) is one possibility. Chronic sinusitis can certainly do it, but this should have shown up on your CT scan (however, don't accept the verdict that the scan is "negative" until your ENT has had a chance to examine your nose endoscopically, and has had a chance to review the films herself. It is not all that uncommon for a negative sinus CT to demonstrate a mild degree of sinusitis which the radiologist missed. Like the rest of us docs, not all radiologists are created equal). Chronic rhinitis is another possibility, and is another reason why your ENT should examine your nose with an endoscope. The fact that you "always seem to be swallowing something" is suggestive of rhinitis and/or sinusitis, but I can think of a few uncommon possibilities which might also generate such a sensation: something called a Thornwaldt's cyst/abscess; or perhaps, foul drainage from your Eustachian tubes (in which case I would have expected you to report a history of chronic ear disease).
Source: http://www.doctorhoffman.com/halito2.htm

I've heard the opininions of 3 different ENT's and ct scan came out negative. They have all examined my nose with an endoscope and said everything looks great. I'm not really sure if I should exclude "chronic sinusitis" as a cause of my bb.

I think it's possible that they might have removed some of my turbinates too when I was like 3 years old. Is there a way to fix this?
waitingforrelief
Sheriff
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am

Post by waitingforrelief »

Hi everyone. I just wanted to tell you what tests I did at the ENT's -

1. Blood test to look for infections, and to rule out wegener's granulosis, which he thought that I had some of the symptoms of. (Test came out negative.)

2. Culture from my (can't remember) throat or nose,

3. Urine sample, but don't remember what for!

The h pylori test was done at another regular doctor's when I had severe chest pain from reflux, not at the ENT's.

Busted, if any turbinate tissue has been taken out from your nose, your ENT should be able to tell. With me, he said that MOST of it is now gone.

Elliot, although the Augmentin seemed to have start my recovery process, I've been off of it for I think almost 3 weeks now. And my breath seems to be better than even when I was on it. I don't know how long the medicine stays in your body, but my improvement has been greater since after I'd finished my course. It probably has a lot to do with my increased water intake and more frequent saline rinse.

And they did find the bacteria hemophilius influenzae (sp?) in me, which the Augmentin was supposed to kill. It worked, obviously, at least for now.

And Busted, after my first surgery, that doctor had left a few bone fragments in my nose which fell down to the opening of my throat. I had pain there for weeks after the surgery which the surgeon had failed to notice after many follow-up sessions. My family took me to another ENT who did at the time commented on the "weird" thing that was done to my septum, and who proceeded to find those bone fragments. He told me I was really really lucky that they somehow didn't fall into my lungs, which would have meant lung surgeries to extract them.


I do think that the surgery is a sensible way to go - but not before I have at least consulted another doctor(s). I don't know if it'll get rid of the rest of my bb problem. It's possible that there's no magic pill (method) to completely get rid of it 100%, as it seems like bb is how my sinus problems manifest themselves now since my first surgery. But like I said, it's much more under control now. It may mean that I'll have to be much more disciplined about taking care of my sinuses and oral care. Maybe as time goes by, it'll be reduced more and more, hopefully.

But yes, I'm seriously considering the surgery, and am hopeful that it'll provide even more relief.

And Noptical, what has medical science do for YOU? :)
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

waitingforrelief wrote: 1. Blood test to look for infections, and to rule out wegener's granulosis, which he thought that I had some of the symptoms of. (Test came out negative.)
What is this Wegener's Granulosis..? Couldn't find a clear-cut explanation online :oops:
waitingforrelief
Sheriff
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am

Post by waitingforrelief »

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/wegene ... is/DS00833

According to my ENT, he needed to rule it out in my case because he said that I had the same degeneration of tissue in my nose as wegener's granulomatosis patients.
Twilight
Junior
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 2:26 am

Post by Twilight »

waitingforrelief wrote:
And they did find the bacteria hemophilius influenzae (sp?) in me, which the Augmentin was supposed to kill. It worked, obviously, at least for now.
Omg! I'm pretty sure that's the same bacteria my doctor found when he removed my tonsils. I'll have to ask him again to make sure on my next check-up.
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

Twilight wrote:
waitingforrelief wrote:
And they did find the bacteria hemophilius influenzae (sp?) in me, which the Augmentin was supposed to kill. It worked, obviously, at least for now.
Omg! I'm pretty sure that's the same bacteria my doctor found when he removed my tonsils. I'll have to ask him again to make sure on my next check-up.
Pretty interesting. What test do they do to find those bacteria? Do they do a xray, ct scan or somethin?

If what you're sayin is true, they might be the first bacteria on our possible enemy list.
noptical
God
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:43 am

Post by noptical »

waitingforrelief wrote:And Noptical, what has medical science do for YOU? :)
Things that alternate "medicine" wouldn't approve :lol:
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

I think I'm goin to start focusing on some other areas now. I have always thought that chronic sinusitis was the cause of my bb, but as I said b4 I've had like three different ENT's check if there was anything wrong, and they all said it was ok. A CT scan wa negative. I can pretty much come to the conclusion that my sinuses may not be the cause, although I don't think It's something I can 100% exclude.

I'm goin to see if I might be suffering from things like acid reflux, although I've never had any of those symptoms like for instance heartburn. But i want answers, I want to at least know what the cause of my bb, even if there may not be a real cure for it.
Twilight
Junior
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 2:26 am

Post by Twilight »

Busted wrote:
Twilight wrote:
waitingforrelief wrote:
And they did find the bacteria hemophilius influenzae (sp?) in me, which the Augmentin was supposed to kill. It worked, obviously, at least for now.
Omg! I'm pretty sure that's the same bacteria my doctor found when he removed my tonsils. I'll have to ask him again to make sure on my next check-up.
Pretty interesting. What test do they do to find those bacteria? Do they do a xray, ct scan or somethin?

If what you're sayin is true, they might be the first bacteria on our possible enemy list.
Well, I'm not sure because I was knocked the f out, but I believe when you get a tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy they usually take a cotton swab sample during the procedure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗