THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

keto diet

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
orange111
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:10 am

keto diet

Post by orange111 »

I am a long time lurker and bb sufferer.

I suffer from ibs, leaky gut, bad breath and most debilitating of all - dry eye disease (mgd).

last year i tried keto diet to see if it would help reduce inflammation to my eyes, it didnt sadly but to my surprise i noticed my tongue was pink and stayed like that. No foul tastes in my mouth either. I switch to AIP / Paleo thereafter and tongue went whitish again.

Keto is worth a try if you can.

I am now reading into: laser tongue debridement (LTD)
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: keto diet

Post by Jimi Stein »

Krespi was our forum member....I guess he switched from tonsil zapping with laser to tongue zapping
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33045536/

seems promising....only if they would charge a normal price for it
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: keto diet

Post by Jimi Stein »

This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Stevian
Junior
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:12 pm

Re: keto diet

Post by Stevian »

@ Jimi

Yes, I’d say waterlase debridement is useful, but the price needs to come down within reach of ordinary people, and this will probably happen if and when it becomes a mundane dental hygiene procedure, that certain patients need done annually or semi-annually. At the current rate of acceptance by the dental profession, this unfortunately would take another couple of decades.

One of the downsides is that water and laser have very limited access to the posterior tongue dorsum, and the throat.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: keto diet

Post by Jimi Stein »

In my country they use waterlase in some offices....so it is just a frequency...you dont have to go to him....I have read on reviews he charges 400 usd for 30 second procedure....my stomach is rolling......seems a lot is about the money....I remember him when he was posting on this forum 10 years ago doing tonsil laser procedure...now he seems to move to tongue, which is the right direction....I wonder how much it helps and how long does it last?

in that study above all people got relief...I know my bb is coming from tongue.....
maybe we should buy waterlase ourselves...
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Stevian
Junior
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:12 pm

Re: keto diet

Post by Stevian »

@ Jimi

A bit of clarification is in order, possibly.
Waterlase and similar devices are very common in modern dental practices in my area.
What’s not common at all are practitioners, technicians trained to use such devices for tongue bebridement.
It’s going to take years, possibly decades for tongue debridement to become a widely available procedure.

It’s also not going to be a cure, or anything like that. My guess is your typical patient would need to have it redone at least annually. At a cost of say $200 per treatment, that’d actually make sense.

One negative I’ll mention is that laser tongue rejuvenation, debridement, allows very limited access to the throat and posterior tongue dorsum.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: keto diet

Post by Jimi Stein »

i think the best think is to buy waterlase yourself...they sell small devices...
dentist use it on gums already here in my country and to whiten teeth etc....
I wonder if you can use similar frequency? Krespi should publish his settings for lasering tongue....or perhaps he wants money instead....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Stevian
Junior
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:12 pm

Re: keto diet

Post by Stevian »

Jimi Stein wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:31 am i think the best think is to buy waterlase yourself...they sell small devices...
dentist use it on gums already here in my country and to whiten teeth etc....
I wonder if you can use similar frequency? Krespi should publish his settings for lasering tongue....or perhaps he wants money instead....
I’m frankly skeptical.
First, Dr Krespi is unlikely to give away his trade secrets. I mean, why would he?
Secondly, useless, even dangerous to buy and use any of these water-laser devices without training, and even so, should probably not be self-administered. Lots of potential for major tissue damage.
Crazyred91
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:42 am
Location: Austria
Gender:

Re: keto diet

Post by Crazyred91 »

@orange111 - so did the keto help with your bb or heal you? You still on it?
orange111
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:10 am

Re: keto diet

Post by orange111 »

Crazyred91 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:39 pm @orange111 - so did the keto help with your bb or heal you? You still on it?
If you read my original post i said i moved to paleo / aip. i suffered severe insomnia on keto so had to stop.

my dry eyes are the worst condition i have, it causes my depression and horrible thoughts.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗