THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

When I'm OLD will this matter anymore?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
User avatar
issy154
Junior
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:40 am

When I'm OLD will this matter anymore?

Post by issy154 »

Can you imagine yourselves keeping up this tiring mouth cleaning regime till your freaking 80's (assuming all of us get to that point without killing ourselves from insanity)?

It's a pain in the ASS!
noptical
God
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:43 am

Post by noptical »

You just missed some things:

1. Human may not exist then, noone knows if you will ever reach 80 (unless you're 79).
2. If we still exist there will be cures for many diseases like cancer and hiv and of course there will for bb (which is not a disease but a symptom of different conditions or combinations)
TIREDOFIT
Advanced
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:18 am

Re: When I'm OLD will this matter anymore?

Post by TIREDOFIT »

issy154 wrote:Can you imagine yourselves keeping up this tiring mouth cleaning regime till your freaking 80's (assuming all of us get to that point without killing ourselves from insanity)?

It's a pain in the ASS!
I often think about this too, and I think about my grandchildren who will lable me as the grandma with bad breath and dread being near me. That would suck! I'm hoping I will be cured on Friday though when I have my tonsils taken out. I'll let you know!
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

many older people end up getting BB from other reasons. but it's a different smell. It's an old... chemical kind of smell, hard to explain.

I smell it from the older men in the gym while they lift and breath.

So, I guess later, we'll all get some sort of mixture of odors. It'll only get worse my friends! =D>
noptical
God
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:43 am

Post by noptical »

Damn, who cares if we will have bad breath when we're OLD, it's NOW that we need cure damnit :lol:
Until then they will have a cure for almost everything we know today and you think they won't be able to find the culprit of someone's bb problem? Come on... We're not in the middle ages.
austuser
Sheriff
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:25 am

Post by austuser »

i think when im 80 i will have many other things to worry about than my breath
thanatos
God
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:11 am
Gender:

Post by thanatos »

Don't want to live till 80 anyway. If there is no cure for me by 50, I personally feel my life is over. If I'm 60 and then there is a cure, it'll be useless. I would not be happy but very bitter that a cure was found at the end of my life.

Right now I'm basically living in hope for a cure. That a cure will be found and I can still start a family. Once that time passes me by, a cure wont mean much.
jc
Sheriff
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:23 am

Post by jc »

thanatos wrote:Don't want to live till 80 anyway. If there is no cure for me by 50, I personally feel my life is over. If I'm 60 and then there is a cure, it'll be useless. I would not be happy but very bitter that a cure was found at the end of my life.

Right now I'm basically living in hope for a cure. That a cure will be found and I can still start a family. Once that time passes me by, a cure wont mean much.
same here :(
faith59
Junior
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Metairie, La

When I 'm OLD will this matter anymore?

Post by faith59 »

Well I'm 48years old and have been dealing with this for 10 years , I can only tell you how I feel I don't think anybody wants to be alone at any age . Even though you get older your still the same person you were in your 20's , 30's and 40's . You just don't always look the same But I agree this is no life .
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

do you guys think we will live to see a cure for this? Honestly, not hopefully or sensationally.
Belle
Junior
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:18 pm
Location: Scotland, UK

Post by Belle »

a cure?? it should be easy but reading all the posts on this site i think it wont be. this finklestein guy seems to be the only hope!! of all the people on this site i dont think anybody has actually got rid of the BB. Sometimes i wonder if i should just go back to plain old brushing, i mean is all the mouth maintenance actually making any difference?? who knows?? im wondering if i should even bother getting my tonsils out too. ](*,)
hopeful
Master
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by hopeful »

Have you seen a doctor about your bb Belle? Have you exhausted all avenues of where your odor is coming from?
jc
Sheriff
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:23 am

Post by jc »

elliott wrote:do you guys think we will live to see a cure for this? Honestly, not hopefully or sensationally.
I believe that there is a cure out there. I`ve tried so many f_cking things that didn`t work so I just want to give up sometimes but there are still many options left that I haven`t tried yet. This is also not the first time that I encountered a condition which doctors diagnosed as incurable but turned out to be just a plain vitamin defficiency. I intend to keep on trying out different stuff out there until I run out of options. I`ve already been a guinea pig for the past 13 years & I see no reason why I should stop.
Belle
Junior
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:18 pm
Location: Scotland, UK

Post by Belle »

hopeful wrote:Have you seen a doctor about your bb Belle? Have you exhausted all avenues of where your odor is coming from?

Yes i feel i have (read my story), currently seeing another ENT, paying privately this time so im due to go back and see him soon. Im convinced its coming from my tonsils, i cant see any of the stones you guys all talk about but ive suffered from tonsilitis my whole life so there has to be a link!! Although my ex used to get tonsilitis too and he never had BB!!

Im getting kinda depressed though, reading about everybody else, doesnt give me much hope of a cure, especially as lots of you have had your tonsils removed already.
emotional rescue
Sheriff
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am

Post by emotional rescue »

Belle

I think our best chance now is Finkelstein,
so if you have the opportunity to go, it´s a very very good option.
He can cheq your palatine tonsils, adenoids, maybe lingual tonsils, sinuses....

your Ent seems nice but don´t seems to know much about halithosis,

don´t take out your tonsils until you know if you have tonsil stones or crypt on them....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗