THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Floating stool
Floating stool
Hello everyone
I’ve been reading the posts on this forum for many years, no cure yet. I was waiting to find a cure then make a post, but I’ll break the ice with this weird question. Does your stool float?
It may sound weird. I never knew it should sink, so I didn’t think it was something to worry about until I read something about it. I don’t think I have stomach issues, I’ve been tested for H. Pylori twice and I don’t have it, I don’t have reflux or stomach pain, so it’s just weird.
It may have something to do with the pancreas, or so I’ve read. Anyway, I was curious, does it happen to you? Do your stools float in the toilet? Could it be related to the bad breath?
I’ve been reading the posts on this forum for many years, no cure yet. I was waiting to find a cure then make a post, but I’ll break the ice with this weird question. Does your stool float?
It may sound weird. I never knew it should sink, so I didn’t think it was something to worry about until I read something about it. I don’t think I have stomach issues, I’ve been tested for H. Pylori twice and I don’t have it, I don’t have reflux or stomach pain, so it’s just weird.
It may have something to do with the pancreas, or so I’ve read. Anyway, I was curious, does it happen to you? Do your stools float in the toilet? Could it be related to the bad breath?
Re: Floating stool
Omg guys I just found out that SIBO makes your stools float. I always thought my problem was oral. I will get my stool tested for SIBO in the next weeks. (Not the full microbiome one, that one is way too expensive, but the basic SIBO test).
Last edited by Anne2323 on Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Floating stool
I think my stool usually floats yeah
• Fecal halitosis since age 12
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
• Feel free to contact me for anything
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
• Feel free to contact me for anything
Re: Floating stool
Have you been tested for SIBO? I just ordered a breath test from Spain (100 euros but it might be cheaper if you’re closer to the country) here https://www.laboratoriocalderon.com/pro ... a-el-sibo/ . In less than 2 weeks I’ll know if I have SIBO. The stool test was almost impossible for me. The only lab in my city that collects those samples has a policy for them to be brought there only on Mondays and Tuesdays by 2 pm. The stool can’t be refrigerated before and I was unable to poop on a schedule.
Re: Floating stool
Mine don't float even if very small piece.
Btw there are others gut related diseases that usually cause your stool to float the most common is Celiac disease which i've seen in the past as a possible cause of bb. So maybe try this one if SIBO test is negative.
There are others diseases that make you unable to absorb fat properly but are uncommon, you can google it all.
Hope the best for your diagnosis
Btw there are others gut related diseases that usually cause your stool to float the most common is Celiac disease which i've seen in the past as a possible cause of bb. So maybe try this one if SIBO test is negative.
There are others diseases that make you unable to absorb fat properly but are uncommon, you can google it all.
Hope the best for your diagnosis
Re: Floating stool
Thank you! I went on a gluten free diet for like 1-2 months a while ago but nothing happened. I didn’t get tested for it though. I will.Redazzz wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:31 pm Btw there are others gut related diseases that usually cause your stool to float the most common is Celiac disease which i've seen in the past as a possible cause of bb. So maybe try this one if SIBO test is negative.
There are others diseases that make you unable to absorb fat properly but are uncommon, you can google it all.
The funny thing is that my stools don’t have excess fats (did a test a few weeks ago, the lab didn’t find undigested fats). I thought that maybe it floats because of the amount of gas those bacteria make. I’ll let you know my SIBO test’s result.
Re: Floating stool
So my SIBO test came back negative, but I’m on a SIBO specific diet (fast tract diet) and my stools aren’t floating anymore. I’ve been on this diet for 25 days. You might be right about celiac, I’ll get tested as soon as possible, since this diet I’m following is gluten free, it is a possibility. I’ll do the genetic test for gluten intolerance just to be sure.Anne2323 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:39 amThank you! I went on a gluten free diet for like 1-2 months a while ago but nothing happened. I didn’t get tested for it though. I will.Redazzz wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:31 pm Btw there are others gut related diseases that usually cause your stool to float the most common is Celiac disease which i've seen in the past as a possible cause of bb. So maybe try this one if SIBO test is negative.
There are others diseases that make you unable to absorb fat properly but are uncommon, you can google it all.
The funny thing is that my stools don’t have excess fats (did a test a few weeks ago, the lab didn’t find undigested fats). I thought that maybe it floats because of the amount of gas those bacteria make. I’ll let you know my SIBO test’s result.
Re: Floating stool
Has there been any difference in your BB in those 25 days?
• Fecal halitosis since age 12
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
• Feel free to contact me for anything
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
• Feel free to contact me for anything
Re: Floating stool
Yes, definitely. I rub a cotton swab on my tongue every morning and night and smell it. It used to smell like feces. By day 14 the smell was gone and hasn’t come back since. Although I’m not sure my bad breath is completely gone, this is definitely an improvement.
Re: Floating stool
Little update: I accidentally ate gluten yesterday (my mom baked a millet bread for me and used baker’s yeast - on the tag it says ‘may contain gluten’ -) and I felt like someone was stabbing my stomach from the inside. Also, this morning my cotton swab had a little fecal smell. I think I’m finally getting my diagnosis, guys. I’ll get the genetic test after the 31st.
Re: Floating stool
Update: the genetic test came back positive with a high risk of celiac disease. DQ 2.2 and DQ 2.5 in trans.
I am currently on a gluten diet, because I need a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis and for that, I have to be on a gluten diet for 6 weeks.
I feel like shit. Since I’m back on a ‘normal’ diet, my cotton swab started to smell again. My stools however are still not floating anymore.
I also did the usual blood test, it doesn’t look good (it’s been like this for years but doctors found nothing) Could be any infection, chronic inflammation (like in crohn’s disease) or pretty much any autoimmune disease (celiac could be one of them). I have an appointment with a hematologist to rule out the possibilities.

I’ll update on the biopsy and everything else.
I am currently on a gluten diet, because I need a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis and for that, I have to be on a gluten diet for 6 weeks.
I feel like shit. Since I’m back on a ‘normal’ diet, my cotton swab started to smell again. My stools however are still not floating anymore.
I also did the usual blood test, it doesn’t look good (it’s been like this for years but doctors found nothing) Could be any infection, chronic inflammation (like in crohn’s disease) or pretty much any autoimmune disease (celiac could be one of them). I have an appointment with a hematologist to rule out the possibilities.

I’ll update on the biopsy and everything else.
Re: Floating stool
Blood test results for Celiac were negative. However it is possible to have Celiac even though the blood tests are negative. I’m waiting for the biopsy test results -i’ll get them in about 2 weeks-

I had another endoscopy (for the biopsy) and they found (again) inflammation in my stomach (gastritis). Gastritis is more like a symptom, not a proper diagnosis so we’ll see if it is Celiac disease that’s causing it.
I’m taking esomeprazole for the inflammation while waiting to get my biopsy results. I’ve taken this before (for the exact same thing) and since I still have gastritis, it didn’t work, but my doctor insisted that I take these meds for a month.
I’ll update.

I had another endoscopy (for the biopsy) and they found (again) inflammation in my stomach (gastritis). Gastritis is more like a symptom, not a proper diagnosis so we’ll see if it is Celiac disease that’s causing it.
I’m taking esomeprazole for the inflammation while waiting to get my biopsy results. I’ve taken this before (for the exact same thing) and since I still have gastritis, it didn’t work, but my doctor insisted that I take these meds for a month.
I’ll update.
Re: Floating stool
I feel like this is my journal and it makes me keep going and searching for a real diagnosis and a cure.
So here’s the update.
Biopsy came back negative. I don’t have celiac disease.
What’s next?
Since that diet made me feel better, I still suspect food intolerances. I will work with a dietitian in the next couple of months to identify what my intolerances are. Also, everything I will be eating will be organic.
It’s quite hard because I’ve already spent a lot of money on all of this and this dietitian is not cheap at all and neither is the healthy bio food.
Until i get my money right, I’ll try the SAG glutathione. I just ordered it.
So here’s the update.
Biopsy came back negative. I don’t have celiac disease.
What’s next?
Since that diet made me feel better, I still suspect food intolerances. I will work with a dietitian in the next couple of months to identify what my intolerances are. Also, everything I will be eating will be organic.
It’s quite hard because I’ve already spent a lot of money on all of this and this dietitian is not cheap at all and neither is the healthy bio food.
Until i get my money right, I’ll try the SAG glutathione. I just ordered it.
Re: Floating stool
Hey Anne2323 I'm really happy for you reading diet help.
Your post made me think that I made only blood test for celiac disease, maybe I should try a genetic predisposition test like you and then eventually a biopsy (hope I don't need it).
Autoimmune disease can cause any type of problem, I've heard literally anything from arthritis to bb. One thing that seems to help a lot is a diet, in particular carnivore diet (meat+green vegetables). Maybe you can try it for 1 month and see if you see improvement (don't do it by yourself, it is a very difficult diet search for a nutritionist).
Keep us updated and good luck
Your post made me think that I made only blood test for celiac disease, maybe I should try a genetic predisposition test like you and then eventually a biopsy (hope I don't need it).
Autoimmune disease can cause any type of problem, I've heard literally anything from arthritis to bb. One thing that seems to help a lot is a diet, in particular carnivore diet (meat+green vegetables). Maybe you can try it for 1 month and see if you see improvement (don't do it by yourself, it is a very difficult diet search for a nutritionist).
Keep us updated and good luck
Re: Floating stool
Guys, I have so many good news to share with you, but I’ve been so busy lately. I’ll find the time to write everything here, I promise. Good news, guys!!!
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.