Hey guys I haven’t posted in awhile . The last time I posted I was having acid reflux, gerds, and periodontal disease. I haven’t had bad breath in awhile because this is what I did:
For the acid reflux and gerd, I started taking two S Boulardii probiotics (jarrow brand) and two soil based probiotics everyday. The acid reflux went away with just the S Boulardii. I eat spaghetti, tacos, hot wings etc and still no acid reflux, but my breath was still smelling.
One day after water flossing my teeth, I decided to take my tung brush and brush as far back as I could…I brushed (twisting and turning) until the brush came back clean. A lot of old smelly food was in the brush, but afterwards my breath smelled great. But when I ate, the smell came back but not as strong. So what I did next was something I never did before. I have used chlorhexidine in the past between my teeth and as a gargle, but I never was completely bad breath free. This time I dipped my tongue brush into the chlorhexidine and scrubbed way in the back of my throat as far back as I could go. I scrubbed all around the back of my throat, gagging and choking. Afterwards I rinsed my mouth with the rest of the chlorhexidine (I used a small cup) and I did not rinse with water afterwards. My breath stayed fresh all day even after eating offensive foods. So here is the routine.
I floss with regular string floss
I water floss with salt water
I dip my tung brush in .20 Chlorhexidine ( I use Hexidine that I get from India because it doesn’t have all the sugar of American Chlorhexidine, plus the US Chlorhexidine is only .12) and brush my tongue as far back as possible.
I brush my teeth with a no sugar toothpaste ( I use Trader Joe’s)
I rinse and gargle my month with chlorhexidine mouthwash and don’t rinse after.
I’m bad breath free
The key is killing the bacteria on the back of the tongue. Scraping is not enough, gargling in not enough. You have to brush the chlorhexidine into the grooves of the tongue killing the biofilm. So anyone with bad breath that appears to come from the stomach, try the above because it could be stubborn bacteria way way back of the tongue almost down your throat. If this helps anyone, please let me know. Btw my white tongue is totally pink and it stays that way. I no longer have to use the mouthwash everyday, now I use it 3x per week diluted with water.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Try This!!!!!
-
Dealing with life
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:36 pm
Re: Try This!!!!!
Hey, congratulations! I can only imagine the happiness. How long have you been bad breath free from this routine?
Re: Try This!!!!!
Nice.I think,you finally removed the biofilm from the place,where bacteria were hiding and couldn't be reached by antibacterial mouthwash,because the biofilm was protecting them.
In my case,just only scraping,without using antibacterial mouthwash also doesn't make me BB free.I also noticed,that the mouthwashes work much worse and shorter time,if there is left even a tiny layer of the coating on the tongue,because some bacteria under that layer remain alive and start to multiply very fast.And yeah,cleaning the back part is super important.
But how do you deal with bacterial resistance?In the past I used chlorhexidine irresponsibly,almost every day and unfortunately after some months the bacteria got resistant to it.
In my case,just only scraping,without using antibacterial mouthwash also doesn't make me BB free.I also noticed,that the mouthwashes work much worse and shorter time,if there is left even a tiny layer of the coating on the tongue,because some bacteria under that layer remain alive and start to multiply very fast.And yeah,cleaning the back part is super important.
But how do you deal with bacterial resistance?In the past I used chlorhexidine irresponsibly,almost every day and unfortunately after some months the bacteria got resistant to it.
Re: Try This!!!!!
Congratulations on finding a way to reduce bb.
So the main source of your bb seems to be your throat. Did you have nasal bb also ?
Biofilm in the throat make me think about Raymond's breathing method, did you try it ?
I feel like the source of bb for most of us is the throat.
So the main source of your bb seems to be your throat. Did you have nasal bb also ?
Biofilm in the throat make me think about Raymond's breathing method, did you try it ?
I feel like the source of bb for most of us is the throat.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.