Your Email Address:

First Name:

How many relationships have you been in & how serious?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thanatos
God
How many relationships have you been in & how serious?

Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

i had one and we planned on getting married. we didn't kiss for religious reasons... in a effort to stay celibate (thank God i'm not that religious any more, lol). he didn't care about my bb though. never understood why.

when we broke up, we remained close friends. i confided in him a lot about my bb and he in return gave me a lot of feed back about it. i ended up cutting him off though because of it though. i asked him to come over to test me on how the dioxicare was working and we started arguing over some other serious things unrelated. on his way out he didn't test my breath because i was really stressed out about the convo and didn't want to hear about the dioxirinse not working if that was the case.

he said, well it's working cuz there have been times when you'd talk and there would be this funk surrounding you. even when you'd walk into a room. i realized that this happened around him because i was "open" enough to "talk out loud" around him without being judged. i felt safe to be myself. around other's i talk much differently so they don't know i have bb. i know cuz they still lean in close to talk to me.

needless to say, i broke down. i'd never heard anything like that. i was humiliated. then he just said it's time to go and left. i thought that was horrible- to break someone down and then just leave. i haven't spoken to him since eventhough he thinks we're still friends and i'm just giving him and his new gf space. [-(
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

one girl for almost 3 years..

other than that, i've only had 2 week relationships with random women
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

I`ve been in 2 serious relationships & I even considered marrying one of them. When I turned 21 & this curse hit me, I didn`t know what to do so I had to break up with her then disappear. She probably thinks I`m a jerk but bb really changes your personality whether you like it or not.
Laka

Post by Laka »

It's true, bb really does change the personality.. I was so quiet and introverted and would back up when people came too close.

I've had 2 serious relationships (I am 22 years old) and I am in one of those 2 serious ones I am in now. The first one lasted over 3 years. But I must say, I found temporary relief from bb with Thera Breath (at least somewhat) so that improved my social life. Before that, I didn't date at all. Nobody would understand why since people say I'm very pretty and attractive (I think some almost thought I might be a lesbian because I didn't date! :-k ) but I just wouldn't date because I was humiliated. I am so thankful that I found something that works for me (for now - hopefully forever!) with vit c at such a young age..
Other than the 2 serious ones, 3 other not really serious ones.
Leena
Junior

Post by Leena »

Hey,

I`ve been reading your posts...and I always wanted to say to those of you that are afraid to go out and get close to people don`t let this BB take control over your life.

I`ve had it for as long as I remember but this has never ever harmed any of my relationships. I`ve had boyfriends since I was 17 and I am in a relationship now (I`m 26 now). My current relationship started like 4 years ago and we live together now. In all of my relationships it was me that broke up and it was for reasons not connected to the BB at all. All my boyfriends wanted to be with me, nobody ever dumped me.

I`ve never shared my thoughts about this problem with any of my boyfriends but I am sure they were very much aware it`s there. However I never complained about it and even though it`s quite obsessing for me knowing I have it, I try to act normally. I mean, If you complain about having BB all the time and ask your partner for breath test 10 times a day, it becomes a problem for everybody. I think the hint is just to act like it`s not there. We can keep on searchin for a cure or a temporary relief but in order to have healthy realationship we should not become prisoners of it.

I am 100% sure I have this problem but at the same time no one of my boyfriends or partners ever complained about that. I never asked them if they think I have it so they never told me I had it. Fair enough.

Yes, it has changed me. And yes, it`s hard to be yourself with that burden, but there are ways to have a normal life. And most of all it`s completely normal to have a partner, to have a family, etc. To those of you who think your BB is the cause for being single or socially inactive, let me assure you it`s not. Of course it`s much more difficult with that, but still if try to be yourself and be brave enough to embrace every opportunity, I`m sure you`ll be able to have it all.

I know it`s easier said than done, but there are many examples to show you I`m right. There are may people here that have families, boyfriends/girlfriends, etc. so if they can do it, everybody can.

I am still terrified every time I have to approach someone or get, lets say, physically close to someone, but now I know it`s our weird behaviour that turns people off, not so much the BB itself.

Please, think about it and don`t give up the normal life you can have and absolutely deserve.
Belle
Junior

Post by Belle »

Leena, im exactly the same as you. I have been in a few serious relationships and none of them commented. I mean, it does affect me because i always like to have brushed my teeth etc before kissing etc and that kinda kills the passion somewhat!!

I am single at the moment, which is totally my choice and im just having a good time, ive met a few guys over the past few months. It is a pain in the arse having to carry a pharmacy in my bag when i go out but i know it will give me more confidence. \:D/

ps the vit c helps with the hangover too!!!
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

it's one thing to have had BB all your life, and become accustomed to it. It's different when you develop it later (me, 2 years ago.) I was living a normal life, great social life, and it was all abruptly taken from me.

In my case, you don't just get over it, and continue as normal. I don't think I have it in me to ever overcome what this disease has done to my life. Relationship? It would take the most understanding woman...I mean she'd have to be somewhat strange, to not be affected by the 24/7/365 stench!

edit: oh, and it's different when you're a guy ;)
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

elliott wrote:it's one thing to have had BB all your life, and become accustomed to it. It's different when you develop it later (me, 2 years ago.) I was living a normal life, great social life, and it was all abruptly taken from me.

In my case, you don't just get over it, and continue as normal. I don't think I have it in me to ever overcome what this disease has done to my life. Relationship? It would take the most understanding woman...I mean she'd have to be somewhat strange, to not be affected by the 24/7/365 stench!

edit: oh, and it's different when you're a guy ;)
Yeah, my girlfriend & I would have arguments about me going to the dentist to clear it out. She just believes that bb`s caused by poor hygiene. We never had any problem before my bb came into my life. If she was the one who had bb I think I would have handled it & even married her. I`ve got tough tolerance for odors anyway.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

thanatos wrote:In every one of my relationships my breath has come up as an issue.

My breath is bad enough that it's impossible for them not to bring it up occasionally, but with them trying to not be so offensive about it.
that's tough man. i assumed you were one of the ones getting relief from the dioxirinse. either way, whoever can't get past the fact that even with all our cleaning our bb will be transient/come up every once in a while, is not worth the time. if you want a family and to be happy you can have that. i never understood why people were my friend or wanted to date me that actually knew what was wrong with me! no one's perfect and some people really understand that.
Leena
Junior

Post by Leena »

elliott wrote: oh, and it's different when you're a guy ;)
Do you think it`s more difficult for guys?

I always thought it`s more difficult for girls because they are supposed to be clean, not at all smelly, pretty, etc. :D all the time. But for guys...well, men are allowed to have some smells from time to time. :D

However guys seem to be more tolerant to BB, who knows? But it`s a true fact that no men has ever complained about my breath or left me for that reason.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Leena
Junior

Post by Leena »

thanatos wrote: I'm tellin' ya my breath is BAD. It's not like I can just brush before kissing and it's fine.
Is it possible that it`s THAT bad?! I`ve met many, many people (I`ve been actively working with many people) and nobody`s breath was that bad. The only person with really horrible breath that I ever met is a current co-worker. His breath and BO are very bad and it`s hard to be around. But even with him, the smell is not there all the time. And he is married. =D>

I mean, I`ve always thought my breath is really bad and nobody would seek any intimacy with me. Turned out it`s not true.
The point is don`t worry that much.
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

thanatos wrote: I've had so many instances where girls are very interested but once we're face-to-face saying a few words to eachother, their faces go from that smiling, flirting, interested look to an "OMG, I gotta get out of here" within 2 seconds. Happened so many times that I can't help but be discouraged.
i'm sad to here you say that! i noticed that when i was on smartmouth and thought i was doing well, i'd talk while i was eating and it was bad.

i just hope you find someone that is not judgemental. i've met too many married couples where one has bb, and they other doesn't care. like my godmother. her breath stinks but her husband still kisses her, gets close, and everything.

idk, i feel like whoever can get that worked up over your breath after a meal is shallow. if i were you i'd honestly say, sorry my breath can get that way after i eat, so get over it! if someone wants to trip cuz i you have bb (however bad or however often) tell them to keep it moving. i've met too many folks with bb that have lives to act like i can't have one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic