THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Flagyl medicine for bb

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Emanuela hoxha
Junior
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:40 pm

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by Emanuela hoxha »

I also wanna ask is sure that our sphincters is tight close because if it tight clouse how can that bb occur i dont get it ?
Wiener_Schnitzel33
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:18 am

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by Wiener_Schnitzel33 »

Hello,

I have mouth bb and nasal bb. My Halitosis went away dtaking the Metronidazol(flagyl), but of course came back. I had a surgery where they repair this sphincters and it did not help me. I am also very thirsty and have to drink a lot. I have tried all and still do not know anything just that Metronidazol helps.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by Jimi Stein »

it is very stupid of you you went through the surgery for acid reflux....it is impossible that acid reflux causes bad breath, now they probably messed you up with surgery.. it is a basic reply from stupid doctors that have no idea about bad breath that bad breath is coming from stomach....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Wiener_Schnitzel33
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:18 am

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by Wiener_Schnitzel33 »

Jimi, you are right. The surgery was a mistake and only caused pain and long-term problems. I also had my tonsils removed due to bb – it was painful, but at least it didn’t cause any long-term issues. I don’t recommend anyone to undergo surgery to treat bad breath.

The only thing that helped me was Metronidazole (Flagyl). I took it five weeks ago, and it was great. I think, in my case, the problem is in my sinuses because after taking Metronidazole, I started experiencing sinusitis symptoms—such as pain in my ears, face, and nose—which I never had before.

I have seen six ENTs, but as you correctly pointed out, also in my opinion, doctors have no idea about halitosis, and in my case, also nasal halitosis. The nasal smell seems to be even more aggressive. Next week, I will visit the ENT again, but this time with “real symptoms.”

Anyway, Metronidazole has reduced my halitosis to an acceptable level, so I can finally start my new job tomorrow. I lost my last job at a bank due to the smell, especially from my nose.

I will update here if the ENT does anything helpful. I believe I have anaerobic bacteria in my sinuses causing the smell, and the antibiotics kill them, which leads to pain. I will let you know what the ENT says, but probably not much, as always. Then, I plan to take Metronidazole again, but this time combined with a therapy targeting biofilm, which will break the bacteria’s defense mechanisms and hopefully eliminate them for good.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by Jimi Stein »

people dont realize that a standard stupid doctor will say, yeah it must be coming from your stomach, the loose sphincter is the cause or gerd....what about people who has chronic gerd and no bad breath. Doing unnecessary procedures is not good for your health too. I went through stomach exam with a tube twice....they only found out i have too much acid....and it was very painful and uncomfortable and stupid to do it...I did it twice for god sake....about metro...i hope it will not stop working...usually bad breath comes back when you stop taking it for most people
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Wiener_Schnitzel33
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:18 am

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by Wiener_Schnitzel33 »

Hey everyone,

The solution for halitosis caused by batceria is killing the biofilm + killing the bad anaerobic bacteria.

I’ve been dealing with it for a long time. The only thing that really worked for me was Flagyl (metronidazole), but I’m allergic to it. I also tried tinidazole (had to import it), but it also was allergic

I’m convinced this is bacterial. The main issue seems to be the biofilm — like Jimmy mentioned and others on this side — same thing happened to me: Flagyl (metronidazole) helped, but once I stopped, the smell slowly came back. That’s why I think we need to target the biofilm too, not just the bacteria.

Has anyone found a alternative to Flagyl that kills anaerobic bacteria?

Stay strong – we’ll figure this out.
dangeolgau
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:53 pm

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by dangeolgau »

Wiener_Schnitzel33 wrote: Wed Jun 18, 2025 4:48 am Hey everyone,

The solution for halitosis caused by batceria is killing the biofilm + killing the bad anaerobic bacteria.

I’ve been dealing with it for a long time. The only thing that really worked for me was Flagyl (metronidazole), but I’m allergic to it. I also tried tinidazole (had to import it), but it also was allergic

I’m convinced this is bacterial. The main issue seems to be the biofilm — like Jimmy mentioned and others on this side — same thing happened to me: Flagyl (metronidazole) helped, but once I stopped, the smell slowly came back. That’s why I think we need to target the biofilm too, not just the bacteria.

Has anyone found a alternative to Flagyl that kills anaerobic bacteria?

Stay strong – we’ll figure this out.
It could be a good idea to dissolve the biofilm and than do ametronidazole course. I do recomend you to try NAC and Interfase plus x2 day on empty stomach 1 hour before meals for a month and than do a round of metronidazole course of 14 days. Interfase Plus is the most popular and expensive biofilm disrupter so this is the gold standard.
Continue also during metro course with nac and interfase
Wiener_Schnitzel33
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:18 am

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by Wiener_Schnitzel33 »

Yes, exactly. I agree that the biofilm needs to be broken down first, otherwise no treatment will be effective.
The problem is that I’m allergic to metronidazole, tinidazole, and very likely also ornidazole. So all the main antibiotics that kill anaerobic bacteria are not an option for me. But just destabilizing the biofilm is not enough. There still needs to be something that eliminates the anaerobic bacteria once the biofilm is disrupted.

Does anyone know of alternative antibiotics, outside the nitroimidazole group, that are effective against anaerobes?

I will try NAC and InterFase Plus, but without a way to kill the bad bacteria, it will not help any.
dangeolgau
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:53 pm

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by dangeolgau »

Wiener_Schnitzel33 wrote: Sat Jun 21, 2025 1:56 pm Yes, exactly. I agree that the biofilm needs to be broken down first, otherwise no treatment will be effective.
The problem is that I’m allergic to metronidazole, tinidazole, and very likely also ornidazole. So all the main antibiotics that kill anaerobic bacteria are not an option for me. But just destabilizing the biofilm is not enough. There still needs to be something that eliminates the anaerobic bacteria once the biofilm is disrupted.

Does anyone know of alternative antibiotics, outside the nitroimidazole group, that are effective against anaerobes?

I will try NAC and InterFase Plus, but without a way to kill the bad bacteria, it will not help any.
After doing the biofilm for one month you could try this combo; Oregano ADP, Berberine, Neem also keeping the biofilm distruptors. It is important for oregano oil to chose the oregano adp form.
HopefulOne
Advanced
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by HopefulOne »

Jimi,

Acid reflux can definitely cause bad breath!!! It caused mine and many others suffer from bad breath from acid reflux. Do a google search!
Wiener_Schnitzel33
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:18 am

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by Wiener_Schnitzel33 »

Sorry Hopefulone, but I think Jimi is right in this case.

I consulted an infectious disease specialist in Vienna who explained that if metronidazole (Flagyl) helps, then anaerobic bacteria are responsible for halitosis and not any other cause such as acid reflux. It is kind of a test to know what is causing your bb. So, do not do any expensive test for find the smelly halitosis-bacteria. Try metronidazole.

Emanuela reported that her symptoms disappeared with metronidazole but later returned. The same happened to me and also to Jimi. The issue is that the drug kills the anaerobic bacteria, but they usually grow back.

Another doctor I know in Vienna, a specialist in laboratory medicine, once had a patient who received long-term metronidazole treatment from her, and in that case the problem never returned. Unfortunately, I am allergic to metronidazole, so I cannot use it.

In my situation, I have a lot of mucus in my throat (although my sinuses are fine). According to the infectious disease doctor, this mucus/biofilm provides a hiding place for anaerobic bacteria, which makes them very hard to eliminate, so it came back as it did in jimi's case and in Emanuela's. Because of my allergy to metronidazole, neither of the tho doctors can help me further.

That is why I am trying to obtain faropenem, an antibiotic from India that also targets anaerobic bacteria, though it is broader and not as effective as metronidazole.

The specialist for infectious disease explained that this cycle is not that uncommon: when I took amoxicillin/clavulanic acid, it killed aerobic bacteria and many anaerobes, but not all anaerobic. Therefore, the anaerobic get space and if you have bad luck, smelly one are growing as it is in our cases. The specialist said that this shit-smell is very typically for anaerobic dybiose.
I have spend a furtone to talk to this specialists to understand the cause of my bb and nose smell. If I can get the dybiosis away, the smell and the mucus will go away. Same for Jimi and Emanuela, I think.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by Jimi Stein »

Wiener_Schnitzel33 wrote: Wed Sep 17, 2025 9:37 am Sorry Hopefulone, but I think Jimi is right in this case.

I consulted an infectious disease specialist in Vienna who explained that if metronidazole (Flagyl) helps, then anaerobic bacteria are responsible for halitosis and not any other cause such as acid reflux. It is kind of a test to know what is causing your bb. So, do not do any expensive test for find the smelly halitosis-bacteria. Try metronidazole.

Emanuela reported that her symptoms disappeared with metronidazole but later returned. The same happened to me and also to Jimi. The issue is that the drug kills the anaerobic bacteria, but they usually grow back.

Another doctor I know in Vienna, a specialist in laboratory medicine, once had a patient who received long-term metronidazole treatment from her, and in that case the problem never returned. Unfortunately, I am allergic to metronidazole, so I cannot use it.

In my situation, I have a lot of mucus in my throat (although my sinuses are fine). According to the infectious disease doctor, this mucus/biofilm provides a hiding place for anaerobic bacteria, which makes them very hard to eliminate, so it came back as it did in jimi's case and in Emanuela's. Because of my allergy to metronidazole, neither of the tho doctors can help me further.

That is why I am trying to obtain faropenem, an antibiotic from India that also targets anaerobic bacteria, though it is broader and not as effective as metronidazole.

The specialist for infectious disease explained that this cycle is not that uncommon: when I took amoxicillin/clavulanic acid, it killed aerobic bacteria and many anaerobes, but not all anaerobic. Therefore, the anaerobic get space and if you have bad luck, smelly one are growing as it is in our cases. The specialist said that this shit-smell is very typically for anaerobic dybiose.
I have spend a furtone to talk to this specialists to understand the cause of my bb and nose smell. If I can get the dybiosis away, the smell and the mucus will go away. Same for Jimi and Emanuela, I think.
I agree...After I had stomach exams two times..because of the doctor's general retardation, nothing changed....I was prescribed some pills for gerd...and nothing helped. And after I had always had problems with GERD, before not..... and always pain where the sphincter is. They are showing down a thick tube in your stomach for God's sake. The problem is in your throat and mouth in most cases. Guys, you are missing your chance to not buy my ebook. I finally found something that is without side effects and lasts for hours. It targets your mouth and sinuses, and throat. If I had this remedy when it started, like over 30 years ago...my life would be different. But you need to buy my ebook and support this site. ANd playing with antibiotics is dangerous. It is not a safe medicine. It can mess up your body, that is why it is prescribed only for short period of time. So would you risk taking metro for months? And feel sick as hell and have permanent damage for a small percentage, that it would kill bb bacteria? And bb would not come back? It is like playing the lottery.
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Wiener_Schnitzel33
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:18 am

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by Wiener_Schnitzel33 »

It costs 100 dollars. You are making profit from the desperation of others. I won’t log in to this page anymore. I might still say something if it was 20 dollars, but 100 is just shameless exploitation. I go the reddit.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by Jimi Stein »

good luck being hit with all the spam offers there, exploiting others? I think I have built a good reputation to have an honest site here and have always deleted all the spammers and scammers here. From beginning my site was pure truth. It is a really good working product i describe in my ebook, the best bad breath remedy i ever came across, and paying 100 USD once in a lifetime for ebook and being here for free for 25 years on the best site in the world about bad breath tells me something about you: you are not grateful.
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Grateful
Junior
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:20 pm

Re: Flagyl medicine for bb

Post by Grateful »

So Jimi,

Are you fully cured now ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗