THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

I’m not living anymore

Tell us your story with bad breath
Koba940
Total Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2025 8:12 am

I’m not living anymore

Post by Koba940 »

Hello everyone. Im writing this because I suffer from bb for as long as my school days.

Now What I feel is a metalic taste in my mouth and the impression i have saliva in my troath 24/7.
Even after my cleaning routine I dont feel my mouth is 100% clean…

In school I had people saying What is that smell while waiting in line before a class just next to me. One time telling me directly you have bad breath in a bus during a school trip. At that Time I wasnt too stressed about it had my parents and family around every day so it did not affect me. I was brushing 2-3 times a Day just toothpaste and brush.

As the years passed it got worse, I had really trouble focusing because of This the reactions of people backing away and turning. One traumatic event happened at a training to work around kids ( in centers where they can stay and play all day, do activities) during this week of training I lost my mind seeing all the reactions and was traumatized, my parents had to get me before the end of it. Since This event I’m ultra careful on how I talk to people everything is planned around my bb. I always have gum with me and make sure I brush my teeth before going out. At one point when I was about to start working a job, i told myself I need to beat This I cannot stay like This so I:

Worked out a lot to improve my image and remove stress ( running, muscle building )

Started to take digestive enzymes during meals ( I saw in a forum a similar situation to me where the person was cured)

In diet I ate more fruits and vegetables and cut out meat for a while ( told my entourage I became vegan)

This gave me positive results for some time and I got some kind of normalcy but still I had bb.

During Covid 2020 - 2021 everything shutdown but I was still working, my job did 100% remote so ( no contact with people other than close family ) This allowed me to relax, to work on myself, build confidence. I also relied on prayer as I believe in Jesus Christ it helped A LOT. By 2023 I was a New man and it was like I had 0 odor. We returned to office work twice a week. I was speaking to every one with no fear in my heart. I was getting looks and Good treatment from women and men everywhere, Life was easy (seriously)

My cleaning routine :
Oil pulling with coconut oil first thing in the morning (15min)
Flossing (only after lunch and at night)
Tongue scraping (3x day)
Brush for 3 min (3x day)
I made sure to brush after every meal ( Even at the office)

Everything was going in the right direction until I injure my back in early 2024 (hernia). I could no longer exercise had to stay at home, could not go at the office for one entire year. At some point in late 2024 the bb came back and I was in shock I havent change my routine but it CAME BACK. I went to see a stomach doctor he told me I had acid reflux ( never had This before ) i took treatment with pills reducing acidity in the stomach and acid blockers. It helped for a while i gained my confidence back was able to return to gym, and doing everything I use to. But in April 2025 I got a very bad stomach infection after eating fast food my belly was Hurting for 3 days. I eventually got Over it with meds but since This it has been HELL odor wise.

I have reactions every time I have to stay close to people ( church, social évents, airplane, work ) Im following a very strict dental routine but still réactions. Every Time going to the dentist they tell me I have Great teeth, never suffered any infection in my mouth… but still bb.

Even when I don’t open my mouth it looks like people can smell something. Me I dont smell anything and my close family ( sisters, parents, Even my best friend says he never smelled anything). My parents are very concerned about my love Life and This obsession ( Im in my 30´s) never had the chance to introduce them a girl because of This…

Yesterday I was in church and some kids sat next to me a minute later they started covering their nose looking at their phone and the first chance they got Left… a lady sat next to me she started to sniff and shake her legs for no reasons, I went back home feeling bad.

If you have an idea of What could help Im all ears, thanks. Sorry for the english mistakes.
minimalist
Total Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:01 pm
Gender:

Re: I’m not living anymore

Post by minimalist »

You should do more research on you gut there is clearly something off that you managed to partially cure but eventually it came back.

You should look into: SIBO, microbiome dysbiosis and check,celiac intollerance and H. Pylori.

You definitely have acid reflux you have all the symptoms (and when you did the clean diet it got better), but it doesn't necessary mean it's the root cause, especially since it seems to be pretty mild, it can be caused by inflamation or underlying conditions as the ones mentioned above.

If you have the money a FULL GI map would be helpful to se the full picture.
Also am endoscopy would definitely help make things more clear.

Don't give up there is still a lot you can do.
At least you got cured twice, there must be hope.

If you want to talk more in depth I can help on what you should do, send me your telegram in private message.
Koba940
Total Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2025 8:12 am

Re: I’m not living anymore

Post by Koba940 »

minimalist wrote: Fri Nov 14, 2025 12:50 pm You should look into: SIBO, microbiome dysbiosis and check,celiac intollerance and H. Pylori.

You definitely have acid reflux you have all the symptoms (and when you did the clean diet it got better), but it doesn't necessary mean it's the root cause, especially since it seems to be pretty mild, it can be caused by inflamation or underlying conditions as the ones mentioned above.

If you have the money a FULL GI map would be helpful to se the full picture.
Also am endoscopy would definitely help make things more clear.

Don't give up there is still a lot you can do.
At least you got cured twice, there must be hope.

If you want to talk more in depth I can help on what you should do, send me your telegram in private message.
Hello minimalist,

Thanks for your reply, I don’t have telegram but i’ll send you my contact in dm.

I really think that something is off with my digestion but I can’t figure out how to cure it. I will def get tested for SIBO and H Pylori I never did. For the full GI Map ill try to get into it as Well, to get rid of bb Im OK to spend money.

I saw on the forum someone was cured of bb coming from his stomach by taking « Pepcid AC 20mg Famotidine » I want to try This but This is not shipped in my country, ill find a way to get it.
minimalist
Total Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:01 pm
Gender:

Re: I’m not living anymore

Post by minimalist »

Famotidine definitely exists in your country under another name, it's an H2 receptor blocker (similar to what PPIs do but for H2 receptors)
Toto-Ramos
Total Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2025 6:51 am

Finding Confidence Despite Bad Breath.

Post by Toto-Ramos »

I believe that true confidence comes from self-acceptance, even when facing issues like bad breath. Has anyone ever experienced a moment where embracing your flaws turned into a surprising advantage? Could openly sharing our imperfections actually help us connect more genuinely with others?
Koba940
Total Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2025 8:12 am

Re: Finding Confidence Despite Bad Breath.

Post by Koba940 »

Toto-Ramos wrote: Fri Dec 05, 2025 6:54 am I believe that true confidence comes from self-acceptance, even when facing issues like bad breath. Has anyone ever experienced a moment where embracing your flaws turned into a surprising advantage? Could openly sharing our imperfections actually help us connect more genuinely with others?

Hello!

Thanks for your response

I see What you mean but its easier said than done… Most people without this issue assume its a hygiene problem and will put you in a « dirty person » category. Most people will lie to your face saying they dont « smell anything » because it makes them feel Bad to tell the truth… its human nature, even your family I believe.

I try to stay confident, but being on top of hygiene more than most people ( oil pulling, floss, scrape, brush 3x a day, mouth wash ) and still getting reactions left and right makes me angry.

Yesterday was christmas dinner and I can tell you It wasnt fun! Crazy reactions from my cousin, He taught I did not notice but I do: the rubbing, the distancing, the intense sniffing and pinching nose…

I try to get in my head that I Will get my revenge on all of this at some point. This is one of the Thing that keeps me going.

Happy end of the year all of you in the hopes of better outcomes in 2026 🙏
gezira
Total Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2026 1:11 am

Re: I’m not living anymore

Post by gezira »

Bad breath is caused by poor digestion of certain types of food. When you eat those foods, your body—due to enzyme-related issues—may not be able to digest them properly. As a result, the food can remain in the stomach and decompose through the action of certain bacteria, which produce odorous gases. These gases may then be expelled through the mouth when you talk or laugh.

What you need to do is identify the food or foods that cause what I described above. Usually, you can do this by observing which foods make you feel unwell or cause discomfort, such as bloating, an upset stomach, or constipation. You can also watch for foods that lead to strongly smelling stool or foul-smelling gas after you eat them. Once you identify that type of food, stop consuming it immediately, and you may see major improvement within about a week. For example, if milk and dairy products are the problem, stop consuming them and anything that contains them as an ingredient. If meat is causing the discomfort, stop eating it and switch to a vegan diet, and so on.

If you use trial and error to find this type of food and stop eating it, you can be cured for good.
Koba940
Total Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2025 8:12 am

Re: I’m not living anymore

Post by Koba940 »

gezira wrote: Sun Feb 08, 2026 3:27 am Bad breath is caused by poor digestion of certain types of food. When you eat those foods, your body—due to enzyme-related issues—may not be able to digest them properly. As a result, the food can remain in the stomach and decompose through the action of certain bacteria, which produce odorous gases. These gases may then be expelled through the mouth when you talk or laugh.

What you need to do is identify the food or foods that cause what I described above. Usually, you can do this by observing which foods make you feel unwell or cause discomfort, such as bloating, an upset stomach, or constipation. You can also watch for foods that lead to strongly smelling stool or foul-smelling gas after you eat them. Once you identify that type of food, stop consuming it immediately, and you may see major improvement within about a week. For example, if milk and dairy products are the problem, stop consuming them and anything that contains them as an ingredient. If meat is causing the discomfort, stop eating it and switch to a vegan diet, and so on.

If you use trial and error to find this type of food and stop eating it, you can be cured for good.
Hello, Thanks for your reply !

You are right I think the same way but how to explain that for a Good amount of time (2023 to late 2024) I had the same diet as I have now with no reactions at all for a year and half at least?

Lately i’ve been taking digestive enzymes at most meals and my digestion feels better. I did a h pilory test that came negative.
I tried colon irrigation ( because I had constipation issues) and during the procedure not a great amount of waste came out but we could see some white Things floating ( I was told by the lady doing it that it may be candidose). I still have the endoscopy to do but I still didnt go for it. I also try to drink celery juice regularly as I saw on This forum that it can help the liver process waste better and rid of toxins.

These days I focus on my state of mind and confidence. I eat more to gain weight and feel Good in my body ( bulking to display a Strong physique is something that boost my self esteem and well being ) I workout 3x week full body workouts.
I try to ignore the reactions as much as possible by telling to myself that I’m not dirty I do everything in my power so I Should not feel any shame.

I Also try to do stuff that I like outside of work by myself (creating video content, football indoor with some friends ) Even if I avoid social events like hell, when Im invited I still go.

My Thing is now that I’ve tried the diet and routines that do not have a radical effect, why try to change people’s perception? I need to work on my mind and be confident, and block out any « perceived reactions from people » as they don’t know us and What we do daily to stay or feel clean.

This woman that suffers from bb is one of my inspiration she says it well (she Thinks it comes from TMAU) we can say bb is also an « emotional disease ».

What is killing us are the reactions and rejection that we feel. I encourage you to hear What she says : https://www.youtube.com/live/iTN6ry-nxe ... bjiozOGlLb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗