THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

HALITA

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
JZ
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:44 pm

HALITA

Post by JZ »

http://halita.dentaid.nl

Anybody knows this product ?
And what are the experiences ?

(I have my doubts !)
findacure
Master
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:07 am

Re: HALITA

Post by findacure »

JZ wrote:http://halita.dentaid.nl

Anybody knows this product ?
And what are the experiences ?

(I have my doubts !)
What language is that?

Anyway if it contains Chlorine Dioxide im keeping well claer!
noptical
God
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:43 am

Re: HALITA

Post by noptical »

findacure wrote:
JZ wrote:http://halita.dentaid.nl

Anybody knows this product ?
And what are the experiences ?

(I have my doubts !)
What language is that?

Anyway if it contains Chlorine Dioxide im keeping well claer!
It's Dutch n00b :P
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

heh, the 1st ENT I saw mentioned this. He was such an incompetent doctor, I just ignored it. He did talk about it as if it really worked tho.
JZ
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:44 pm

Post by JZ »

Clinical effects of a new mouthrinse containing chlorhexidine, cetylpyridinium chloride and zinc-lactate on oral halitosis. A dual-center, double-blind placebo-controlled study.
Winkel EG, Roldán S, Van Winkelhoff AJ, Herrera D, Sanz M.

Clinic for Periodontology Amsterdam, de Boelelaan 589, 1082 RM Amsterdam, The Netherlands. [email protected]

OBJECTIVES: The aim of this double-blind, parallel study was to test the clinical efficacy of a newly developed mouthrinse in the treatment of oral halitosis in patients without periodontitis. MATERIAL AND METHODS: Forty volunteers, recruited in two centers, participated in this study. Patients were selected on the basis of (1) halitosis of oral origin, (2) full-mouth organoleptic score>1, using an arbitrary 0-5 scale, (3) level of volatile sulfur compounds (VSC)>170 parts per billion (ppb) and (4) Winkel tongue coating index (WTCI)>4 (0-12). Intervention included gargling with a mouthrinse containing chlorhexidine (0.05%), cetylpyridinium chloride (0.05%) and zinc-lactate (0.14%) or with a placebo mouthrinse without active ingredients. At days 0 and 14 clinical variables were assessed in order of performance: (1) organoleptic assessments, (2) levels of VSC, and (3) WTCI. RESULTS: Treatment with the active mouthrinse resulted in a significant mean reduction in the organoleptic score from 2.8 to 1.5 (p<0.005). In the placebo group, no significant reduction in the mean organoleptic score occurred. Consequently, this resulted, after 2 weeks, in a greater change of the organoleptic scores in the test group in comparison to the placebo group (p<0.005). The mean VSC scores were reduced from 292 to 172 ppb in the test group (p<0.005), whereas no reduction was observed in the placebo group. At the 2-week examination, the mean change of the VSC scores in the test group was significantly greater than the mean change in the placebo group (p<0.005). Neither in the test nor in the placebo group a significant reduction in tongue coating was observed. CONCLUSIONS: In conclusion, the tested mouthrinse is effective in the treatment of oral halitosis.

PMID: 12694427 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entre ... stractPlus
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

are you THE real JZ? You have BB too?

:D
JZ
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:44 pm

Post by JZ »

elliott wrote:are you THE real JZ? You have BB too?

:D
Elliott,
Yes, I am JZ and have BB too.
I suffer from BB since my childhood.

I already used about 8 bottles of halita and have not experienced improvement yet.
For about 20 euro a bottle.
Thats why I want to know what other people think of this product.
If a read the report of the scientific research then it have to work.

But I have realy my doubts about it.
One of the docs who promotes this product said in a forum that we perhaps use it wrong. You must gargle it with stuck out tongue during 1 minute.

Halita has not strong taste.
So I think it never can work because if you look deep in your throat at the back of your tongue then you can see what it has to remove.

I think that we need a more mechanical cure instead of a mouth or throat water.
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

what do you "see" when you look down your throat?
Mine is just pink, but is still allegedly "cryptic".
JZ
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:44 pm

Post by JZ »

elliott wrote:what do you "see" when you look down your throat?
Mine is just pink, but is still allegedly "cryptic".
Deep down my throat I see a thick harsh white coating when I look with a little dental mirror.
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

The first product I ever tried.

I think you guys know the rest of the story.

](*,)
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

JZ wrote:
elliott wrote:what do you "see" when you look down your throat?
Mine is just pink, but is still allegedly "cryptic".
Deep down my throat I see a thick harsh white coating when I look with a little dental mirror.
really. You mean like the coating on your tongue? Is there any way you could upload a pic?
JZ
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:44 pm

Post by JZ »

elliott wrote:
JZ wrote:
elliott wrote:what do you "see" when you look down your throat?
Mine is just pink, but is still allegedly "cryptic".
Deep down my throat I see a thick harsh white coating when I look with a little dental mirror.
really. You mean like the coating on your tongue? Is there any way you could upload a pic?
Yes something like that, but I think its harder (more difficult to remove).
I will try to make a picture but its very difficult to do this with a dental mirror in your hand.
Light is also a problem deep in your throat.
The best is a fiber camera thru the nose what the ENT´s use.
One time when an ENT looked at my throat with a fiber camera I heard him (soft) saying: "I don´t gone start on that" But you know they never speak straight to you what the problem is.
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

I'll try to take a pic as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗