Your Email Address:

First Name:

PND...what are you doing about it?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Troy

PND...what are you doing about it?

Post by Troy »

I have come to the conclusion that my bb is being caused by pnd. I'd like to know what treatments you are using. What has worked for for, what hasn't?

Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Right now I'm trying breathing in the steam from boiling water for 10 mins before bed time. Promising...
Help

Post by Help »

I don't know if this helps, but my dentist told me to gargle with salty water, and I read somewhere that irrigating ur nasal system with the neti pot is suppose to help. I tried it, but honestly I have to say I didn't keep up with the processure b/c I felt irritated in my head ( in my head, like when u jump in the pool with ur nose open, and water gets in). It might help u though, if u keep up with it, and let me know if it does.
I have a question about PND though, do u have to feel the dripping, or could u just feel like a conjestion feeling in the back of ur throat? I also beleive this is the cause to my bb. Please let me know if u find something that works ppl...I am just so tired dealing with this stuff. :(
Bluerain

Post by Bluerain »

Help:
Here's a recipe for saline nasal wash,

Do Not Use Table Salt
250 mL (8oz) warm water
½ tsp. SEA SALT

If it hurts/burns when you do it maybe you don't have enough salt in your solution. The nasal washes help for a short time but after a few hours my nose is stuffed again.
I often notice at night I would get the worst congestion and it's probably due to the accumulation of mucus in my sinuses...

I don't usually feel dripping from pnd, only when it gets really really thick. I do feel a lump in my throat sometimes and I can see mucus on my tongue. I went to my doctor to ask if I can get my tonsils removed. I told her about the horrible smell from it and the stones.

She checked my tonsils and throat. The interesting thing is she could tell I had pnd. I didn't mention this to her directly but she knew. She said she saw bumps on the back of my throat which is a response to the pnd. Check if you have a similar symptoms.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

im doing desensitization therapy. Weekly injections of an allergen that im most allergic too (dust mite). Got it through the hospital and i have to do it for three years to get 10 years relief. My personal doctor who does it for me thinks it is all a load of shit and gives me a lecture every week i go to him. eh, will see what happens.

I also use Rhinocort Aqueous. It is a much stronger version of the over-the-counter Rhinocort and you need a prescription. It does reduce the runniness of my nose, but i still get a bit of PND. And my breath still gets bad if i dont use smartmouth. so i dont know if it is really worth it, other than to clear up your nose.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Help wrote:I don't know if this helps, but my dentist told me to gargle with salty water, and I read somewhere that irrigating ur nasal system with the neti pot is suppose to help. I tried it, but honestly I have to say I didn't keep up with the processure b/c I felt irritated in my head ( in my head, like when u jump in the pool with ur nose open, and water gets in). It might help u though, if u keep up with it, and let me know if it does.
I have a question about PND though, do u have to feel the dripping, or could u just feel like a conjestion feeling in the back of ur throat? I also beleive this is the cause to my bb. Please let me know if u find something that works ppl...I am just so tired dealing with this stuff. :(
there is nothing wrong with the "head irritation". That just means that the solution is making it's way thru the sinuses. That feeling will go away as you accustom to the procedure.
TIREDOFIT
Advanced

Post by TIREDOFIT »

thought I'd post this here... http://www.sleepsurgery.com/turbinate.html
I think I have turbinate hypertrophy, but many people probably have this and don't have bb. There has to be more to it???

I use a sinus irregation kit by Grossman that I bought on line for $89. I get a salt solution called SinuCleanse from Walgreens for $7 (60 pk). I helps, but it's a pain in the butt to do everyday. I also am just trying out a spray called Asilen.
The best thing that helped is running. When I ran everyday I hardly ever had pnd in the morning. I would run at 5:00 in the evenings and I would hack up the pnd then. I think it would get out all the crud on a daily basis so that it would not sit there long and get stinky. I had no reactions from people then. I just had a baby and haven't been working out, but I plan on getting back to the gym very soon.
TIREDOFIT
Advanced

Post by TIREDOFIT »

Troy

Post by Troy »

I'm kinda confused about pnd because unlike most of you, I never have conjestion, never have a runny nose, i hardly ever get sore throats, i've never had any allergies or anything like that, I'm just constantly swallowing mucus, therefor I don't know whether to use the kinda strong treatments many of you are using.

I might give this a try http://youtube.com/watch?v=e0lr8JKwIzQ
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

TIREDOFIT wrote:thought I'd post this here... http://www.sleepsurgery.com/turbinate.html
I think I have turbinate hypertrophy, but many people probably have this and don't have bb. There has to be more to it???

I use a sinus irregation kit by Grossman that I bought on line for $89. I get a salt solution called SinuCleanse from Walgreens for $7 (60 pk). I helps, but it's a pain in the butt to do everyday. I also am just trying out a spray called Asilen.
The best thing that helped is running. When I ran everyday I hardly ever had pnd in the morning. I would run at 5:00 in the evenings and I would hack up the pnd then. I think it would get out all the crud on a daily basis so that it would not sit there long and get stinky. I had no reactions from people then. I just had a baby and haven't been working out, but I plan on getting back to the gym very soon.
Interesting about the running...

My PND was lessened a lot after the antibiotics cured my sinus infection. I still have it, but it doesn't feel as much like HUGE gunks passing down my throat anymore.

Neilmed (sinus rinse) has been helping... and as I've mentioned somewhere else, crying does!

Tiredofit, how does the grossan and the other saline rinse compare to each other? Is the grossan really better?

For someone who said that it stings or burns, I highly recommend the Neilmed pre-mixed packages. They're actually soothing to use...
TIREDOFIT
Advanced

Post by TIREDOFIT »

The Grossman Sinus Kit is great. It comes with a water pick which I used to use on my tonsils as well. It comes with a few saline pks., but if you want to order some they are too expensive - I get mine at Walgreens - 60 for $7.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

The Grossan is just the apparatus that does the irrigation. It's a water tank and force spray attachment. It comes with a powder saline solution.

It's all great, but the procedure is a bit of a pain in the ass every morning.
The tonsil cleaner is great... do it before you have coffee or food! It really sprays down there and activates the vomit reflex.

In my opinion, it feels great, I know it's worth it, but it isn't helping my BB. I continue to do it, because I live in a city... NYC, and I know my sinuses get dirty.
I don't think I really have bad PND, but I'd guess it would be more effective for that. 15 minutes after irrigating, you still feel sinus drainage. I mean, it really does work.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic