Your Email Address:

First Name:

Yahoo group???

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
jess
Sheriff

Yahoo group???

Post by jess »

Since yesterday I've been trying to log in the yahoo group and all I get is a message saying that BreathHelp4U doesn't exist. Does anyone know what's going on?

Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

I am also wondering what happened to yahoo group. Does any one know?
deekey

Post by deekey »

been wondering the same thing
Gloria
Total Newbie

Post by Gloria »

I heard the owner/moderator shut it down. Reason unknown.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

is this the only haven for bb sufferers on all of the net? :(
Gloria
Total Newbie

Post by Gloria »

mike987 wrote:is this the only haven for bb sufferers on all of the net? :(
What do you mean?
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

As far as I know, this is the only site dedicated to halitosis. There are other boards that cover specific health topics but none that are specifically set up just for bb. We are lucky that Jimi has taken the initiative. Very lucky. I've learned so much since coming here(though I've gotten a lot more paranoid as well...).
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I think Laura shut it down, but that is really a bad thing to do. I know everybody moved here but still that was not the reason to shut it down.

Yahoo boards RIP
Gloria
Total Newbie

Post by Gloria »

[quote="Jimi"]I think Laura shut it down, but that is really a bad thing to do. I know everybody moved here but still that was not the reason to shut it down.

Yahoo boards RIP[/quoteN

Not everybody moved here. Some found this site user unfriendly and/or they were comfortable at Yahoo. I left the Yahoo group because there was a person there that was on a totally different page from me and was dominating the group. I joined here but didn't participate because I found that same person here. They seem to have now just disappeared.

Nobody seems to know why the group is gone. I thought the group's owner was the only one who could shut down and I never thought Laura was the owner. A Dr. Al started the group and was listed as the owner. Perhaps he turned more responsibility over to Laura than I thought. I also think it was a bad thing to shut it down without offering the members the opportunity to know what was going on. Almost a little selfish....it's like they were saying this is what I want and I don't give a f...k about anybody else.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

I find it strange that Laura didn't let the members know why the site had shut down. She could've done it even on this site, as she used to post here sometimes. Saying that, however, I'm not blaming her or anything like that cause I don't know exactly what's going on with her. Maybe she's sick or something, and she can't post.

Next time a regular member decides not to be posting on this site anymore it would be a good idea that he/she let everyone know of it though. Cause it's like a community here and it's not good for someone, especially someone who used to post regularly, to just vanish all of a sudden.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Look i do not know if Laura shut it down but it was under her command, And all those posts are deleted.

SO we have to keep alive at least this site. And we have to keep atmosphere friendly and enjoyable for everybody. Those who do not agree will of course be directed back to Naziboards where they can post freely what they think.

It is so easy to let a website to destroy itself. But this will not happen here.
nc
Total Newbie

Post by nc »

I was a member of the Yahoo group for 4+ years(has bb for 20 years), read majority of the posts, but seldom posted. It was like a family to me. I'm glad I found this site. Thanks Jimi for creating this. Last time I heard, Laura was sick. I hope she's fine now.
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

Dear members of Breathhelp4u,

Yes, Laura Hart shut down site. She has been going throgh much grief in her life, dealing with more than many people can ever imagine. Susie and I spoke over the telehpone concerning the site.

Here is the email Susie forwarded to me from Laura Hart,

It's understandable that many of us have such difficulties dealing with so many things in our lives but hope is all we have.

I am forwarding this email because I believe many of us are wondering why and there isn't anything containing in this email that is confidential.

-------Original Message-------

Date: 08/01/07 15:33:19
To: [email protected]
Subject: I'm okay, but out of town

Susie:
I'm sorry to have scared you. I went crazy; my mom was missing; she's crazy
too. I'm in Arizona. I'll call you when I get back.
I don't know what got into me but I closed down the site. Maybe we can start
it over when I get back. I might want move over here though. Talk soon.
Laura
And thanks for your concern. Yes, we are Aries. (I was close to going
postal)
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Wow, she really had a hard time working on the yahoo site, it took here whole 1 minute per month and she had to shut it down.

What an irresponsible person.

#-o
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

There is more to the story than that. Laura is an amazing woman. Yes, she has her weaknesses just like all of us. However, I have faith that Laura Hart will be fine. She has been a frind to many of us at yahoo and a leader.

JOHN
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic